Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Who makes te best L39 and who sells it in the U.S.??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Who makes te best L39 and who sells it in the U.S.??

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 08:26 PM
rosek007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who makes te best L39 and who sells it in the U.S.??

Since i cleaned out my garage (workshop) and made it much more organised, i realise i have a spot for a L39 to fit, mmmmm
I know there are a couple manufacturers out there but who do you guys think has the best designed, flys great, and is available for delivery within a week?
Kevin
Old 04-06-2008, 08:53 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Who makes te best L39 and who sells it in the U.S.??

I can't say which is "best", but I can say that the Jet Legend version is an outstanding value, builds quick, and flies great. There are a few suggested mods to make (see build thread here on RCU - rudder linkage, fuse bottom reinforcement, strut springs) but in general it is as nice as anything I have seen coming from the Chinese ARF jet manufacturers.

I have one and it gets better with every flight. Good looking (mine is in the standard factory camo scheme), big, lots of presence on the flight line, and the trailing link gear makes the landings like butter.

There are several JL dealers that regularly advertise the L39 in the RCU jet Classified section.

Barry
Old 04-07-2008, 12:29 PM
TAILHOOK-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Keep in mind once you buy the kit from them you will no longer be able to get in touch with them if you have a problem.
They do not respond to customers with problems only the new ones who have not spent their money yet.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Airworld L-39 the best scale outline. A great flyer. Competition jet if you wanted to compete. Joe C
Old 04-07-2008, 01:07 PM
dbarrym

ORIGINAL: TAILHOOK-RCU

Keep in mind once you buy the kit from them you will no longer be able to get in touch with them if you have a problem.
They do not respond to customers with problems only the new ones who have not spent their money yet.
I've had my own problems with getting spares and support direct from the Chinese ARF manufacturers - that's why I will only buy these kits from an established US dealer with a good reputation who will stand behind the sale. One source worth looking into is Mike Denelin's (aka Mike Lin) "Global Jet Club" program (http://www.globaljetclub.com/). Mike is an enthusiastic RC jet modeler, and owns a very successful, US-based firm with product made in China. As a result, he spends a lot of time there, and has developed a good relationship with several ARF manufacturers. His "jet club" idea is a good one (kind of like a jet buying cooperative) and with his volume and purchasing commitment, gets his customers good support and attention to problems when needed.

Re the Airworld L-39...I agree with Joe, the outline is far more accurate, as are the surface details. However the JL L39 "go fly" price is $2400...and the Airworld "go fly" is $6400...and the Airworld is more of a builder's kit than an ARF. If I was seriously competing in Scale, the AW model is no doubt the way to go.

Barry
Old 04-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I have an Skymaster L-39 pending to be assembled. In my opinion, the painting is far superior than the JL, because is outside the mold. However is a smaller scale than the JL and more expensive.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60869.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	924466  
Old 04-07-2008, 03:57 PM
jetflyer1972
My Feedback: (18)

Kevin.
Check out the Skymaster L-39. The Go Fly Package is around 3.400 depending on the scheme you want.

The quality is fantastic and there is full US support through www.skymaster-usa.com
We have a few different schemes coming in on the 20th of the month. Contact one of my dealers on the website and they can get you one...

Good luck...
Old 04-07-2008, 04:31 PM
john serras

check out major woody's building thread on the fei bao l-39 he has been building this
march ,it's worth the look at his detailed and professional build
Old 04-07-2008, 05:03 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

What size are you looking for?
If it is a smaller one for a P-70 or Falcon size then the Fei Bao L-39 is a great choice, see Maj Woodys build, and you can get it from RC Jets Models.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=379823

Wagner at RC Jet Models will give you outstanding support.

p.s. he is in China at the MFG plant at the moment.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:07 PM
jeff sewell
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: TAILHOOK-RCU

Talk to your local dealer then!!!

Jeff
Old 04-07-2008, 05:13 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most scale, best looking best flying of all I have seen is the Airworld. Scott
Old 04-07-2008, 09:57 PM
rosek007

ORIGINAL: Edgar Perez

I have an Skymaster L-39 pending to be assembled. In my opinion, the painting is far superior than the JL, because is outside the mold. However is a smaller scale than the JL and more expensive.
Smaller??? and more expensive??? I like skymaster but if this is the case maybe i will try a jetlegend model.
$2400 go fly price for a modelthat's larger than a model $3400 go fly price????.
That's a thousand dollar difference for........
I checked the jetlegend site and it doesn't list the recommended turbine...anyone know the weight of the model and recommended turbine?
Kevin
Old 04-07-2008, 11:50 PM
dbarrym

rosek007 -

The JL L-39 takes a P120 to Titan sized motor - say 28 to 36 lbs of thrust. Any motor bigger than 4" diameter will be a tight fit in the bypass (for example, Wren XL200). Global Jet Club can paint one (filling seams, etc) for extra $$ to whatever specs you want.

The JL is a great value....the Skymaster has a better finish, out of the box...and the Airworld kit(s) are much closer in scale fidelity. I have seen all 3 fly, and they are all excellent. You could not go wrong with any one of them, just buy whichever one fits your budget and needs. It is a great looking and flying design.

Barry

Name:	Wt59304.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	924898   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94009.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	924899   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg92842.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	924900  
Old 04-08-2008, 12:29 AM
Alpenglider

Hi!

If you really want the best of the best, than you have to wait for the new Skygate Collection large L-39 Albatros.
They will present the first Model at this years Jetpower fair in Germany.

If you have seen their big Hawk, then you know what to expect

Cheers

Thomas
Old 04-08-2008, 01:45 AM
mikedenilin
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Kevin,

I am working on a new paint scheme for myself and a couple of club members based on JL L39. I plan to customize a JL L-39 with some improvementS as suggested by Barry and other club members. I talked to Jetlegend about these improvements, but they don't feel the need to do these changes. Well, our club work shop will do that ourselves.

After seeing Barry's L39 flying, I decide to stick with this large size JL L-39. it's not as scale-detailed as Air World's, but it's more than enough for me.

This is the paint scheme that I am working on. Anyone wants to join in?

Mike

Global Jet Club

Name:	Hf10270.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	924940  
Old 03-25-2009, 02:14 PM
hpais

I would like to ask again this question regarding the L39 and include one other vendor on the mix:

Fly Eagle Jet or FEJ as many call it. I read through the build thread by Shok but there is no flight report.

So two questions:

1. how does the FEJ compares with the Jet Legend L39?
2. Which one is best, the 1:7 or the 1: 5 1/2 size? Is bigger better?

Thanks

Hermann
Old 03-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

The FEJ L-39 looks fantastic, great paint, went together quickly.

I will try and put a flight on it this weekend to report back.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

In my opinion, the Airworld 1/5th. is the best scale outline, and fly"s great. Jet Legend 1/5th looks pretty good as well, but the Airworld L-39 is top of the line, my opinion. Joe C!!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:16 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

I have the JL L-39 and it flies great!!!....

I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from Skymaster....A buddy of mine has had his kit on order since January 1...Maybe even a little before...He was told that all of the delays were due to a paint booth screwup, and now they tell him that it shipped last week...He asked for a tracking # and Skymaster refuses to give him one....Now, Skymaster is telling him that the kit is lost and they don't know where it is....And they still won't produce a tracking # to at least see where the last point of contact was....Or to provide proof that it was even shipped in the first place....Skymaster has his money....What a crock of *****...Good luck BVM with your new Chineese venture...[:'(]...You're gonna need it...

Kevin
Old 03-26-2009, 09:44 PM
BBdriver-inactive

I have a skymaster L39 and she flew well too. But the price is high [:@]

Kevin:

i am sorry to your friend got the problem. but i think your friend should contact skymaster owner -Anton. He should handle the case. Good luck to him.

BB
Old 03-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

ORIGINAL: BBdriver

I have a skymaster L39 and she flew well too. But the price is high [:@]

Kevin:

i am sorry to your friend got the problem. but i think your friend should contact skymaster owner -Anton. He should handle the case. Good luck to him.

BB
Guess what...He has sent emails directly to Skymaster and they go UNANSWERED!!!....When he wanted to buy the jet he couldn't get anyone at Skymaster including Skymaster USA to answer his emails..He was about to give up when I told him about Eric Clapp being a Skymaster dealer...Eric got the ball rolling immediately!!!...Then, half way through the transaction, Skymaster fires all of its reps except for a couple and names BVM as a dealer...Eric did all of the work and got screwed out of a sale...Not to mention that Eric is one of, if not the best customer service oriented guys around....

My buddy was called today and informed that the jet is still in China and now has an invoice and tracking #....Although Skymaster admits no fault and blames it all on DHL...DHL's invoice states otherwise...Skymaster offered my buddy to PURCHASE a $300 retract control unit at a reduced price. (At their cost)...Hell, they should have given him the damn thing...What a clusterfluck...

Kev...
Old 03-27-2009, 04:38 PM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Kevin,
ON the other side of the coin...I have had nothing but great things from Skymaster. Jeff and Jason at SM USA, Anton in China and now BVM in FL have been incredible to work with. At Fl Jets, I ordered an Ordinance Pkg from BVM for my SM 1/6th F-16...and it was here in 7 business days and it came from China!!! I had a broken Main Gear pin and LiKai sent it overnight and sent some new tires...NO CHARGE!!! I have owned or own the F-4, F-18, F-16 and now their L-39. The new Mig will be my next buy.

Eric Clapp is one of my close friends too...he IS certainly the very best in the industry and SM blew it BIG TIME when they did not offer him to stay on. BUT, as a Jet Central man and FEJ man too...I still get to eat steak dinners with Eric!!!

Sorry your buddy had a bad experience with the shipping thing. It does happen though, especially with the DHL changes for US shipping.

Good luck in the future!!!
Rb
Old 03-27-2009, 06:10 PM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

Monica or Dante at CamLex is a Great source for JetLegend's L-39.in the USA. They treated me like Family. maybe Better.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:05 AM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have no other words than praises for Camlex, every time I need something
from JetLegends, I call Monica, and in a few days DHL arrives with the
package. Orlando and Mike Jet Global are outstanding. I love my JL L-39.
By the way, they have an offer for the JL L-39. You might speak to them.

Hector
Old 03-28-2009, 08:28 AM
avicom
My Feedback: (14)

HaHa... Hector there is all ready one offer in the ad's section and the other that was available is all ready sold. You know all ready is coming down to the Island. Soon you won't be alone with your L-39. Can wait to see Milton flying formation with yours.

Alex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.