Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

RC Surfer

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 07:16 PM
adrian dixon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Surfer

Well i havent run it with the drill motor yet but it is fairly torquey. i will let you know how it goes.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:29 AM
Paolo.75

UMM...too much weight near the tail with the 4AA batteries...better choiche is put a ESC instead the stock servo-microswitch off-full throttle, then move the receiver battery pack in the front.
Old 02-24-2008, 12:55 AM
adrian dixon

Yeh i am going to buy a new esc soon this is just a temporary thing so i can still run it
Old 02-28-2008, 09:02 PM
surfcurls
Banned

How do I find that brass fitting that is on your motor shaft, so I can use the stock prop shaft on my NQD ?
Old 03-09-2008, 03:53 AM
BigWaveMax

Put an emty small plastic water bottle between his legs and duct tape it. That will make him upright himself
Old 03-10-2008, 08:35 PM
waverat

it's good to see this surfer hasn't disappeared! I've only just got mine and found www.********.com to be a bit old, so I searched the 'net for here. Some good feedback and mods here!
Old 03-12-2008, 04:18 PM
alloutcustom

does walmart still have these? Where can i get them cheap?
Old 03-13-2008, 01:46 AM
surfcurls
Banned

I Have New NQD Surfers ready to go , they are the Most Similar to the Kyosho Lisa.

See My Web Site www.surfcurls.com

[8D]
Old 03-16-2008, 03:12 PM
jpaw

You seem knowledgable about these rc surfers. Can you tell me out of the 3 I find online, which is the best 'stock' one to go for? The NDQ Lisa, the Kyosho or the Shark Board? Considering ease of upgrades and overall construction. Thanks

Old 03-26-2008, 09:24 PM
nathan77

Hi

Purchased the surfshark surfer 4 months ago and have been very unhappy. I am on my third one now and seem to have problems again. The body gets stuck on th turn position and it will not return. Let me tell you thet when it is turned over this is a pain in the but and it will not self right. Has anyone else had these same problem. Can the part that makes it turn be replaced with a better quality. I am not sure that it is worth stuffung around with this model anymore or to try to purchase a lisa or kyosho.

If i was to buy a copy lisa and gut it with new parts would it be better or are the originals a better hull designs.

I have just entered the craze and am hooked

I don't want to spend money on something that will not be good in the end.

any help would be great

Old 03-29-2008, 09:42 PM
munro1656

I've been serching around to buy a kyosho surfer in australia and not much luck anyone got any links for one. these things look like fun, from what i read the chinese version is not so good
Old 04-01-2008, 10:24 PM
toyguy

I have the original Kyosho Surfer Lisa. I put in a 19 turn spec motor with a good forward only (novak cyclone) speed controler and run a 7 cell batery pack and stock prop. I want more performane-any ideas on a diferent prop or a brushless setup. I've been considering a supervee motor and speed control but maybe it's to much power and I'm not sure how it would perform on a 7 cell pack-I don't think there is enough room for more cells.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:36 PM
alloutcustom

I would recomend a outrunner for you guys. With high KV. Only because you would get long runtimes. I foyu are looking for speed though, then i would recommend a feigao C class inrunner. You will need a 100A esc and a smaller prop to start of with(to be safe)
Old 04-07-2008, 05:04 AM
nathan77

You seem to know about these surfer's. what do you think of the cheap lisa's from china can they be trickedup or are they just a waist of time. On my third boardshark and they are not any good. W ant to trick up something for speed and something with a speed control on it that will surf properly. Any ideas would be great
Old 04-15-2008, 02:14 PM
SURFMIKE4

hey all just back to the cold califronia it to for me to surf here so iam play with my boardshark but as we all know they ar junk , they have the self righting thing that it will not do, but i think i found the out how to make them work , i was tapeing lead to the bottom of the board an put it in the pool an then tiping with the surfer in the center an after add lead it start comming back up by itself , an i just finsinh cut a hole under the motor an add the weigth into the board
an glue it in now just waiting for it all to dry for the surf test will let you know what up .. has any one already done this
for i do not have a scale so ido not know how much lead i added two small about the size of 3/4 long 1/2 wide
maybe this is the away to go with these boardshark junk
Old 04-16-2008, 11:10 AM
gnarbrah

I''ve done some mods on my boardshark (look back a few pages) and I haven''t messed with it since. Kind of stuck and miffed about the non self righting thing. Max told me to a water bottle between his legs and although it won''t look the coolest it might work so I''ll probably give it a shot.

Mike - let me know how the whole lead in the bilge works out. I like that idea. Ever since I put the new motor and electronics in him he runs great I just need him to pop up when he gets slammed!
Old 04-16-2008, 04:45 PM
biglenn

Hi all. I recently got myself a NQD Surfer off the internet for 25 pounds (im in the UK) which i thought was a steel. i took it out for the first time and was a little dissapointed as it would not self right itself 90% of the time and one of the surfers feet actually came off the board. Although a lttle slow it was good fun in the small surf and its great as i live on the coast.

I have since re-attached the surfer so that he is fixed firmly to the board and had to add a few splats of silicon to stop some water getting in. Have taken it out 3 times this week and its awesome - the surf has been perfect! I got a 3700mAh batt due in the post so hoping run time will increase. I did manage to break a blade off the prop but it even came with a spare one!
I used to race radio controlled cars along time ago and my RC knowledge is a little rusty! i still have a few motors and bits that may come in usefull - gonna go and have a rummage.
Great website - stoked i found this forum!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80547.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	930784  
Old 04-26-2008, 11:17 PM
dacaur

My local Toys R US just had a clearance sale on the boardsharks surfer, I bought 2 of them for $15 each.... I figured an 8.4 volt battery pack is almost that much so even if the surfer is junk, I'm still good One works great, but the other will not turn with the lid on... the rudder will turn a little with the lid off but not very far, but doesn't turn at all with the lid on, the turn motor just runs and runs.... I haven't read the whole thread yet, but has anyone else encountered this?
Old 05-02-2008, 10:30 PM
jocktime

Hey Morty,
Could you show me some pic's of
the RC Surfer you built? Also, some info
on the Mods you used. Here is a few
pic's of my Lisa mod.
Thanks, Jocktime
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79581.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	941792   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43270.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	941793  
Old 05-04-2008, 04:41 AM
biglenn

Ok, i managed to pick up a Chameleon2 motor for next to nothing and was wondering what mods i need to do to get it running in my NQD surfer? Its pretty standard at the moment and i am stuck at the first hurdle! Doh
Old 05-04-2008, 06:51 PM
jocktime

Hello,
For my Lisa I use the Airtronics MX-A radio, 102Z Servo
and receiver that came with it. Viper RV MAX
waterproof ESC, Method R 19x2 motor, 6 cell 4600mah battery,
with extra amount of lead in builge to help
with righting. For a non brushless it runs well.

Jocktime
Old 05-05-2008, 01:07 AM
toyguy

Do you use the stock plastic kyosho prop?
Old 05-05-2008, 01:12 AM
jocktime

Stock prop for now, thinking of
changing shaft and prop to
stainless for rust problems...........
Old 05-05-2008, 07:06 AM
MiFi

Hi jocktime...could you please take a picture of your self-righting construction???i have to build something like that too and maybe your construction would help me.
thx micha
Old 05-05-2008, 01:06 PM
biglenn

my prop, shaft and connection to the motor is all standard. What is it i need to get the new motor in? Not sure i can get the connecting nut off the old motor?
Can i get a motor coupler from a model shop and remove the plastic standard one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.