Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

PRODUCT ALERT - STOP USING IMMEDIATELY

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

PRODUCT ALERT - STOP USING IMMEDIATELY

Old 04-01-2008, 03:25 PM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PRODUCT ALERT - STOP USING IMMEDIATELY

ORIGINAL: []TEX[]

At least we should get and equal set up in return. Swapping FM for AM doesn't sound right to me.

Why aren't we getting FM systems in return?
+1
Old 04-01-2008, 07:15 PM
madmarty

sorry to sound ignorant, but what is meant by returning battery cover? also, i take it that there is no proof of purchase to be sent with the product. thanks, a job well done to redcat racing.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:20 PM
madmarty

sorry, the battery cover for the tx, dahhh!!
Old 04-01-2008, 07:21 PM
need2drag
My Feedback: (1)

I personally am not worried if I get an AM or FM in return, as long as what I get will not have the same issues. I think too many people are worried about getting the most they can out of this, instead of being happy that they have a product from a company that is doing there best to please the customers, which is a lot more than what I have seen from any other company. Good job Darin.[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 04-01-2008, 07:48 PM
mrlee2071

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DITTO!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:03 PM
rcrunningman

redcat has done well with the controller problem.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:39 PM
jumpanddrop

ORIGINAL: rcrunningman

The whole redcat line is a joke I have been driving rc nitro for a while my redcat came with a associated servo none working sent it back they said not theres. My one way bearing does not work with roto start i have to clean it everytime I use it or it slips. My servos glitch again not under warrenty. I contacted them several times there is no warrenty on these nito cars i had it three weeks and all these problem. Also my dogbones are bent,mind you never crashed this once. So I called again and asked what was covered under the 90 day warrenty and the guy said nothing I dont know what to say. All I wanted was 2 dogbones and a one way gear not even a servo and he said sorry. Stay away from the volcano sv atleast they are selling them through dealers on ebay and they are junk.They might have made improvements cause now it comes with a 1-1/4 pull start not a one inch and a better engine.And my controller well you know that issue mine ran all the way down the street on its own.
Dude, lol welcome to the R/C world. i gess i might not be the thing for you. i own a redcat and a hpi and they all have there probems. when you crash something you should expect to break at lease one thing, dogbones arnt expensive. also about the hole "only 1% have had probems with the radio's" im sure over 50% of the people who bought the vehicles changes there radio right away b/c they have a better one, or they had probelems but didint know that redcat has such good support and warrenty that they didint even think of returning it. thats just my thoughts
Old 04-01-2008, 09:47 PM
rcrunningman

sorry for the bashing remarks will take out all comments. like i said its not a bad truck just the support was not right maybe i approached it wrong.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:52 PM
jumpanddrop

Ya right good support please like i said my servos where messed up called 3 days later and all i want was cheap parts to make me happy not even the servo and he said no. Put my new servo in and roto start cause the pull start broke asap and the one way bearing slips all the time. Not new to rc i have a jato 3.3 and i can crash at 60mph and not do much damage.Like i said never even crash the volcano.And the guy i bought it from said 60 plus lol maybe 33mph.
ok, im not going to argue with you, but if you come on the redcat support forum and say there a pile of crap then you arnt going to get some nice things said to you. as for the bending dogbones, you need to put some peices of tubing in the drive cups to the dogbones dont bind in the cups. also no stock radio gear is going to be the greatest quality. you should go to your hobby shop and pick up a hitec servo and you should be fine. not sure who you are dealing with but i have never had a negative resonse from the great redcat team[8D]
Old 04-01-2008, 10:03 PM
RedcatRacing

Email me directly and lets get this worked out. When did you buy the Volcano?

My direct email is:

[email protected]

Thanks

Darin
Old 04-01-2008, 10:52 PM
bluecaka69

The whole redcat line is a joke I have been driving rc nitro for a while my redcat came with a associated servo none working sent it back they said not theres. My one way bearing does not work with roto start i have to clean it everytime I use it or it slips. My servos glitch again not under warrenty. I contacted them several times there is no warrenty on these nito cars i had it three weeks and all these problem. Also my dogbones are bent,mind you never crashed this once. So I called again and asked what was covered under the 90 day warrenty and the guy said nothing I dont know what to say. All I wanted was 2 dogbones and a one way gear not even a servo and he said sorry. Stay away from the volcano sv atleast they are selling them through dealers on ebay and they are junk.They might have made improvements cause now it comes with a 1-1/4 pull start not a one inch and a better engine.And my controller well you know that issue mine ran all the way down the street on its own.
why would a redcat come with an associated servo there are not even closly related it must have been used or something
Old 04-02-2008, 08:07 AM
rcrunningman

DARIN I BOUGHT THIS 3/3/2008 RECIEVED IT A WEEK LATER AND HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS SINCE AS I SAID I WOULD BE FINE WITH THE REDCAT LINE IF I GOT WHAT I NEEDED TO BE TAKEN CARE OF WHICH I KNOW IS KINDA PETTY BUT THAT GOES BOTH WAYS. THE TRUCK DOES SEEM TO BE STRONG BUT WHEN I CALLED IN AND NO SUPPORT I AM KINDA TICKED ALITTLE. I JUST LIKE THE SERVICE THAT I DISERVE ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO TELL ALL MY FRIENDS THAT THIS IS A GREAT LINE BUT SO FAR A BAD TASTE IS IN MY MOUTH.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Redcat_Mike

Rcrunningman : I was the one that talked to you on the phone. As i explained to you, we cannot warranty the servo because it is not our servo. We do not sell Associated servo's in our car, nor do we have access to them.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:46 PM
bluecaka69

thank you thats what i said
Old 04-02-2008, 12:58 PM
rcrunningman

[quote]ORIGINAL: jumpanddrop

[quote]ORIGINAL: rcrunningman
Old 04-02-2008, 03:12 PM
gokartingbob455

what exactly is wrong?
i wish i the shockwave radios were on that list...i really hate the radio i have and i dont want to buy another one. lol
good job Darin, i hope the recall doesn't screw up the money situation.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Megabash

OMG I am totally impressed by Redcats's service to their customers!!!! Talk about earning browny points with their customers!!! HOTDOG!! I get to drive my Hurricane XP some more WOOOOT, after I do the radio swap!! THANKS REDCAT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 03:22 PM
gokartingbob455

it almost seems that redcat has too much brownie points.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:12 AM
doogs871

Redcat,

I have 2 hurricane XP pro's, One of the radios keeps doing funny things. Thanks for the replacement.

I am in Australia, will you be posting new radios internationally as well?
Old 04-09-2008, 11:02 AM
rcflyerjr1

Ihave had my hurrican xp for 3years ran 6 gallons of traxxis 20% nitro through .27 and other than 4 pullstarts and 3 one way nuts havent spent a penny on it. Yes it has crashed more than its been driven,it is tougher then most and faster than my new xp pro .28. Tremor(just recieved) has major concerns but I think .07 os is its major proplem. Found so many problems I dont think they would beleive it was like that out of the box.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:40 PM
wolverine330

what do they mean by battery cover?
Old 04-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Swamp3r

For the radio.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:53 PM
wolverine330

Just wanted to be sure, thx......
Old 04-25-2008, 01:06 AM
Lawdawg203

This forum is kind of old just to be sure....I just got my Tsunami Ultra wide today, 4/24/2008. It came with the FM radio and receiver. Is this one recalled as well? If so, why after so long are they still being sold with the faulty controller?
Old 04-25-2008, 11:30 AM
RedcatRacing

I sent you a PM.

Darin

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.