Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Swamp3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "OFFICIAL"Redcat Racing 1/8th BUGGY thread (not truck thread)

My hats off to you grizz I have nothing but respect for fire department, ems, and police you guys keep us safe. I know I live in canada but I think it would be the same world wide respect. I hope all recover well and my best wishes to them. I myself have jumped curbs in my cube van to get outta the way of emergency crews and I see idiots all the time that run lights, don't move,or take for ever to get out of the way, idiots. I have a friend that ran a red light to move out of the way and he got a redlight ticket(camera) he fought it and won easily.Nothing but respect man................be safe bro.

Edit: I forgot to add the respect for military personal.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:36 PM
grizz1

There is a bond amongst firefighters all around the world. It's the same for most emergency service personal, and millitary too. Sort of a "brotherhood" thing going on Cheers Swamp3r - your thoughts are appreciated man [8D]
Old 04-07-2008, 06:57 PM
grizz1

Hey - what's happening out there nitro heads ???? Anybody race at the weekend ?
Old 04-08-2008, 06:42 AM
TTR_EB4

hey guys, yer grizz the interclub meet was on last weekend x2 5min races (qualifying) and x2 20min races (finals) but after the 2 quaifying races my buggy just went over the finish line with only 3 seconds to go, and theirs a tyre on the side on the finish line, and i hit it!! my car rolled all the way down the 20m+ straight and it snapped my left steering knuckle, no'one had any spares, so i had to quicky call me parents to bring out the hyper (with the Macstar 28) and i raced that for the finals, but i can feel the difference between the 21 and 28, this thing flies!! but anyway, it turns out the hyper was better on fuel than the 21 in the ttr[sm=confused.gif]
well i didnt get the scores and places because i was stuffed because it started at 2pm ended 2am, so i left all my gear in the car, then went inside and crashed it on the lounge.

and my dad ended up buying another truggy!!, Thunder Tiger ST-1, but we have exactly the same truggy on lay-by too, but he aint taking it up, so now the nitro car counter is upto 5 cars, 2 buggys 3 truggys.

Have a Good One!

ttr_eb4
Old 04-09-2008, 05:52 AM
grizz1

That was bad luck TTR. Never mind, that's racing as they say !! Just got in from our Wednesday night on-road racing. Great night with 8 tanks through the Vision. She is going well - really flying. We finished the night with 20 mins of oval racing like NASCAR. Just full out around and around slowing for a couple of tighter corners at each end of the track.
Exit one set of foams from continually turning right for 2 tanks non stop []
Off to bed - Later grizz [8D]
Old 04-09-2008, 06:04 AM
Jas the Ace

[sm=omg_smile.gif] 2am finish!!! Wow oh Wow!! That is getting keen, [sm=bananahead.gif] , lol.
Great report on the racing mate, and I suggest you write down in a little black book the differences in buggies that you raced with for future reference. Take note of the track and conditions, the set up of both buggies, and any technical differences between them, so next time you race there you will have some guidance as to what suits your driving to that track.
Sorry to hear you hit the tyre, man there is something between car tyres and R/C cars that simply don't mix. I had a similar incident a while back with my Losi Aftershock M/T. (not racing, just bashing on the track). In the open paddock I was bouncing off tree's and flipping off rocks, and tripping over pot holes. On the track I was jumping crazy, crashing into other cars, etc and having a ball, then.............the slightest bump into a tyre busted my LHF lower arm.
Sounds like the family is hooked with these machines, you are building quite a collection, we look forward in hearing your reports on each and every one of them.
Keep up the good work TTR,
Old 04-09-2008, 06:10 AM
Jas the Ace

Hey grizz, I recall you having an altercation with a car tyre one time to......but it was still connected to a car wasn't it???.....hehehehe.....[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
Old 04-09-2008, 04:53 PM
grizz1

Hey, you have a good memory Jas !!!! I had forgotten about that little saga [&o] Then there was the lady that tried to back over my on-roader while reversing out of her driveway, and the Bazooka vs large tree at full speed episode LOL. Hey, I'm getting better guys. No incidents for a long time now. Probably because i'm racing on track and not terrorising the neighbourhood - well not much anyway [>:]
Old 04-10-2008, 05:26 AM
TTR_EB4

yer thanks grizz and jas, i will soon find out what all of them are like. and did you know this thread has nearly got 100,000 hits, its getting old but still going!!, and yes jas i have started to write on a pad about what sort of suspension set up, on bumpy, wet, dry tracks, for the buggies and truggies.

have a good one!

TTR_eB4
Old 04-10-2008, 11:15 PM
grizz1

Hi guys. Spent yesterday painting and cutting out / dremelling my Frewer Racing Lola body for the on-roader. Ended up painting it flouro yellow so it shows up under the lights at our night racing. The flouro yellow shows up like white under the orange lights in the car park.
Just a simple paint job, as I am discovering that on-road bodies have a fairly limited life span, especially on a small tight track like ours with lots of cars running together at high speeds - ouch [&o]
A lot of the guys are running similar bodies to this, and they handle really well on the tight track because of the extra downforce generated by the body design. Can't wait to try it in competition. I am getting a new body done for my buggy too. Since I will be concentrating on racing buggy this year I thought it could do with a spruce up. I had a new body lying around that came with the kit. I have given it too one of the racers in my club who is an air brush painting wizard. He does a lot of bodies for the guys. He charges $60 and he supplies the paint (as many colours as you like) and will do whatever design you like. I gave him 3 colours - yellow, white and pink and told him to do what he thought looked good, so I am keen to see what he came up with. I will get him to do a new truggy body at some stage in the same design. Yellow, white and pink are the Team Grizz colours. That combo just catches my eye, plus it really stands out on the track and makes it easy to keep track of your buggy in heavy traffic.
I will post sme pics of the buggy when I get the body back and fitted. Cheers dudes [8D]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18263.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	320.5 KB
ID:	927211   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22648.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	312.0 KB
ID:	927212   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38627.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	289.1 KB
ID:	927213  
Old 04-14-2008, 03:10 AM
grizz1

Hi Jas and co - Well guys I made a big decision today - going to sell my truggy to make way for new toys. Over the last couple of race meetings I have decided that the buggy is the way to go for me when it comes to off-road racing. Harder to drive, but just more pure around the track. I hope in the end that racing buggy only will make my driving skills better (that''s what all the guns reckon). So I have taken all the good Ace servos etc out of the truggy, and transplanted then into the buggy. Plus I am keeping the Go Tech 5 Port as a spare motor. This means I pretty much have everything I need in the way of spares etc to see me through a season or two. The other reason for selling the truggy is to help finance the new on-roader I have just purchased - gulp !!! Hey Jas, remember we were talking some months ago about impulse buying - not guilty mate !! This was a calculated deal. I really enjoy the on-road racing, so am going to get into it more seriously. Just purchased a Team Magic G4+ kit from the local supplier here, and a Ninja MR12 on road engine from A Main (at a very good price, as they are the last of the original Ninja''s. Guess they are making way for the new OS Ninja stocks). Got it complete with matching Ninja EFRA 2631 pipe and header for NZ$320 (normally around $500). These motors are nasty fast. A lot of the guys I race with use them. Not only do they go like stink but they scream something wicked as well [>:]
The G4+ is a top line 1/10 on-roader, very popular here. The distributor stocks mega spares which is what really helped me to pick this model over a couple of others.
Soooo, guess what grizz will be doing over the next month or so. This pretty much sets up my stable of cars as I have wanted it for a while now. One quality off roader, one quality on roader, and a basher (my Vision RTR on roader, which will now be a thrash / bash / drift car). Grizz is happy with the world
Check out the Team Magic G4+ at http://www.teammagic.com.tw/g4/g4+/magnifyreport.html and the Ninja MR12 at http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/21154
Old 04-14-2008, 03:27 AM
Swamp3r

That doen`t seem like a redcat post kindda rude.
Old 04-14-2008, 04:10 AM
grizz1

Just having a yak to my mates on the forum. Sorry [:-] Not too many redcat posts on here anymore, just a few nitro heads swapping yarns. We have all owned, or still do own Redcats, so if you do want any advice please ask.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:38 AM
Jas the Ace

Congrats Grizz on the NON-impulsive buying method, , Does that mean you had the wife''s permission to buy it, [sm=75_75.gif] instead of just coming home one day with a new toy under your arm? [sm=red_smile.gif] hehehe.....
Old 04-14-2008, 03:13 PM
grizz1

Err, yeah something like that [sm=tongue_smile.gif] Cheers Jas. Winter has come here. Lots of rain the last few days. Have you got out with your Sirio Bazooka again mate ?
Old 04-15-2008, 08:38 AM
grizz1

Hey guys. Looks like we can''t talk shop on here anymore thanks to some arse lick. Never mind. Been nice chatting with you all over the last 18 months or so. Take care - Grizz has left the building [8D]
Old 04-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Jas the Ace

Way to go bro....will catch up in better places.....
Old 04-16-2008, 07:47 AM
TTR_EB4

hey what!! wheres he going and wot does he mean???????????
Old 04-18-2008, 04:51 PM
bocajrs

I'd like to increase speed on my stock Hurricane XP, does anyone what type of changes i can make to gear ratio?
Old 04-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Jas the Ace

Clutch bells are about the most common and easiest way. If you want more top end speed and a slower take off use a bigger clutch bell, (more teeth).
Old 04-18-2008, 06:05 PM
bocajrs

Can you recommend so good clutch bells for the hurricane?
Old 04-19-2008, 03:26 AM
TTR_EB4

hey guys, how hard should your brakes be and which one should be harder, front or back? Thanks and Jas what did Grizz mean, i got the idea that he was leaving but why??

TTR_eB4
Old 04-19-2008, 04:07 AM
Jas the Ace

Brakes totally depend on your driving style. General bashing you would like the car to slow or stop without doing front flips or skidding the rears, but then it can make for great entertainment. All you can do is set them up and drive it, then change the bias a bit and see if you drive better or worse. There is no genuine technical set up for brake bias on these vehicles, as every track and condition is different. I simply set mine up so that all wheels brake evenly when rolling the car by hand, and drive to suit.

pm for ya TTR
Old 04-19-2008, 04:19 AM
TTR_EB4

Thanks jas.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:29 AM
Jas the Ace

New pm TTR, [)]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.