Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Shoot down airplane or not for noise???

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Shoot the ^%$# down, he is a menace and deserves it!
35.34%
Even if you can safely shoot him down, that is wrong.
64.66%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Shoot down airplane or not for noise???

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 08:38 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Shoot down airplane or not for noise???

ORIGINAL: PilotSmith

tIANci, that sounds pretty cool. Do you think anyone will notice me doing it in this outfit?

Smithie ... of course not ... it blends in so well with the surroundings.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:32 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you are in a no win situation. This guy in all likelihood is going to cause you to lose the ability to fly in that public park. If you complain to the park commissioners, they in all likelihood will ban all types of flying there. If you complain about the park commissioners, rest assured you will lose the ability to fly there before they are replaced, and getting the ability to fly there again will be slim. When the negihbors continue to complain, the flying will probably be prohibited. Either way you are going to lose, it is unfortunate that some jerk like this will escalate a situation to this point. If however this guy is flying an electric plane, how in the heck is it making that much noise? I have seen some big electrics, and never seen one that even flying fast will cause enough noise to be a nuisance. Flying it over people's yards and bodies however is a different story.
You might want to go to this guy and explain to him the problem. Tell him that people are complaining and the likelihood that all flying, including his own, will be banned from the park if he does not try and stop agitating the neighbors. You can try and shoot him down if you want, but what is to keep him from coming back again with another plane?
In my opinion, the only real good solution lies with his being convinced that unless he changes his ways and attitude, everyone is going to lose. When faced with that proposition, hopefully, he may have enough sense to realize what he is doing is hurting himself as well and he may stop.
Good luck
Tommy
Old 04-18-2008, 11:16 AM
tIANci

Doc - I like the blow pipe solution ... silent ... deadly and painless ... Of course you only dart him when he is refueling ...
Old 04-18-2008, 11:44 AM
dystracted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you crazy? even if this guy is the biggest jackass in the world, have some respect for the plane.i would never mess with another mans aircraft, and even if you turn on a transmitter on his freq,the plane might not even glitch. a kid at the flight field by my house turned on his transmitter on my ch., and nothing even happened to my plane.i didnt even notice untill went to grab him a clip off the board and nothiced it was on my transmitter! anyways, mess with the guy,bug the crap out of him,tell him the fliers have to mow the field and its his turn,suggest that he and everyone else will have to find a new place to fly if he keeps buzzing the homes, but dont mess with the mans plane! if your near chicago let me know, ill come offer some 'suggestions' to him, he wont want to tell me to *%@ off !
what type of motor does he have? maybe maybe sombody can donate a silencer.i hate to give a ******* free parts,but its better than distroying a perfectly good airplane,and safer for everone who flies at the field than calling the cops.in chicago you can fly electrics anyplace,buy glow must be flown in a city provided flight field,or private field wich are few and far between with the welth of city provided fields.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:38 AM
PilotSmith
My Feedback: (1)

Airplane has a brushless electric motor so no option for a silencer. High RPM with small prop can get very loud. I might go out flying this weekend as it has been a long time since I've been out. Will think about talking to him again...
Old 04-20-2008, 08:14 AM
CarreraGTSCS
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just go out there and stomp on his plane or shoot it down. Just get rid of him before he causes injury or damage. Stop talking about it and creating an evidence trail. There's a time for ethics and a time for action. You could always form a committee, perform a study of the impact of his flying on the community, have a number of meetings to evaluate the study, do another study to validate the findings then vote on applying your findings. By then he'll have gotten tired of RC flying and moved on to cockfights or some other low-brow hobby. Go out there with your cop buddy and set him straight.

Mike

(something's wrong with my keyboard. Keys are sticking)
Old 04-20-2008, 08:25 AM
deli_conker

Wow. You guys are really over thinking this.
[*]Buy yourself a throw away plane. Make sure it's fast enough to keep up with his. [*]Fly cheap-o throwaway plane into his.

No shoot down, no small arms fire, just applause and admiration from the neighbors.

What's he going to do? Get mad at you for crashing into him? These things happen you know. I remember somebody explaining to me that 'angle of attack' was the direction that your buddies plane slams into yours.
Just say you're sorry every time it happens. Eventually he'll leave or he'll buy a new (hopefully quieter) plane.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:04 AM
CarreraGTSCS
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hope you realize that by "shoot down" I meant radio interference and not gunplay.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:14 AM
deli_conker

Yeah, I do. That's why I separated 'shoot down' and 'small arms fire' in my post. Although I do have a FN Tactical Police Shotgun that would do the trick quite nicely with a heavy target load or 00 buck shot.
Then again, paint ball guns aren't considered firearms...
Old 04-20-2008, 10:37 AM
tIANci

deli - Ithaca Roadblocker would be nicer ... 10 guage ... hehehehee ...
Old 04-20-2008, 02:46 PM
PilotSmith

To be completely honest, I think if I lived in the homes along the park that he dive bombs early Saturday morning, waking up the people, I probably would have terminated the airplane in one way or another by now. But since I don't live there, I may be more patient and less rash. Probably a good thing I don't live there. Some have suggested forming groups, etc, etc. I seldom have a chance to get out and fly out there. I'm just wrestling with the idea of being part of letting someone use my gear to stop the problem. I'm annoyed that when I do get some time in the summer that by then maybe this jerk has managed to get the city to ban flying in that park too. All it takes is one angry neighbor to call the right city counsel person to get a sign put up banning RC models, like are posted many of the parks around here. I wish the poll worked. Would be interesting to see what the numbers would have been.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:03 PM
aftershockAL

hey you know what man i would do it if i was you. Flying around really isnt that bad but diving into someones yard and making a bunch of noise, now thats just rude and very inconsiderate. so just turn the radio on and let em have it and if you dont feel too bad about it get it on tape and show us all lol[>:]
Old 04-20-2008, 05:37 PM
dystracted

wait, this guy is flying an brushless? he must be getting wayyyy to close to the houses then.i assumed the plane was glow powered.shooting him down still wont accomplish much,hell be back in a week or so and the local hobby shop will be the only real winner.you got to just tell him.he is causing a huge problem with no solution other than kepping away from the houses.he sounds like the type who wont listen untill you tell it like it is,with alot of authority in your voice.almost getting loud with this guy is going to be easier then finding a new place to fly.id hate to see a inocent model get hurt over this.its not the planes fault,its the owners so take it up with him.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:00 PM
deli_conker

Look, if you're feeling shaky about lending equipment out to do quasi-legal things, then you shouldn't do it. Don't do any thing you're not comfortable with. Period.

So it comes down to what you are comfortable doing...

That could be doing anything from wearing a ski mask and grabbing his radio from and performing an Olympic sprint afterwards. Or you could eat some White Castles + hard boiled eggs + Old Milwaukee's Best the night before and stand next to him while last night's dinner exits your system in a furious manner. Just make sure you are well within his personal space and ask 'Do you smell that? Smells good, don't it?' every now and then.

@tIANci: Funny to see your sig and then your post about an elephant gun being 'nicer'.
I love my FN. My only regret is that I got the pump instead of the gas operated. Then again, the sound of theump is always nice to hear (from the shooter's perspective).
Old 04-20-2008, 07:11 PM
PilotSmith

ORIGINAL: deli_conker

That could be doing anything from wearing a ski mask and grabbing his radio from and performing an Olympic sprint afterwards...
Now that would make a fine YouTube moment! Would doing it in a black Ninja outfit be permissible?

It could be worse. He could be doing this over their homes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXlrQrGmmsY

Old 04-20-2008, 08:05 PM
Gregor32

if you shoot him down he will more than likely do the up-grade to a faster/ better model, i know i would!. best bet is to bump him and try to scare him off with a bit of interference. Greg
Old 04-20-2008, 10:02 PM
PilotSmith

Keep in mind that the foam combat wing type aircraft are very crash resistant. I've seen them crash into the roadway, get run over by a car, and be able to get right back into the air. So a crash would not likely kill his airplane.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:07 AM
Afterburner II

If you need to get rid of this idiot, or just teach him a lesson, i'll come there with my handy jet and "Thump" him a couple of times, he will either land and leave, or crash...it'll all be in good clean fun right? lol
Old 04-21-2008, 01:41 AM
PilotSmith

I do have a wing myself that is heavier duty than his. I've crashed that thing pretty hard a couple times with no damage. Midairs might be fun. It seems like if you were trying to hit someone it would be kind of hard to do? I've only had 1 mid air. It was rather dramatic how the huge prop on the other airplane made confetti out of mine. But I don't get a chance to get out there very often. I guess I could have my friend call me when he hears him start flying and give me an excuse to go out flying. I'm less than 10 minutes away.

Here is one more idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVIJDU5pFCQ

Any volunteers to fly the SlowStick over him?

Old 04-21-2008, 02:34 AM
ArCeeFlyer

Get a bunch of people standing around him while he's flying and aim laser pointers into his eyes, or have everyone hold up large umbrellas and walk around him blocking his view to his plane. Maybe even start up a little football game with him in the middle. Make some noise up close to him so he can't hear his plane. Anything that would be very obnoxious and irritating to him, but not illegal. If he gets mad and picks a fight, then he is the one the cops will be hauling off in handcuffs. LOL I guess I watch too much COPS.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:46 AM
PilotSmith

For some reason I don't see the oldies living on that block doing that. But it would be funny. Maybe pay kids in the park to go ask him A LOT of questions while he is flying or ride their bikes VERY close to him. Extra points for minor contact. LOL.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:49 PM
deli_conker

ORIGINAL: ArCeeFlyer

Maybe even start up a little football game with him in the middle.
I was going to suggest a game of ultimate frisbee with him somewhere in the center. Just having people running towards him trying to grab something out of the air should make him a bit antsy.

Another fun thing that is a lesson in how annoying sounds can be...

Buy some balloons at the dollar store. Stand near him and blow one up. Don't tie it, pinch the valve stem (or whatever it's called) on either side and pull in opposite directions. Everybody knows the horrible noise that this creates. Just do it over and over. Tell him you are doing it to drown out the annoying sound of his plane.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:09 PM
RU4JESUS2 FALCONGTS

Sorry to hear about your problem it is A sticky problem

FIRST PRAYER !!! IS where to start ( for him to have a change of heart )

shooting down his plane (he will get another) ill bet bigger better faster ect

ALOT of ideas here

jesus can calm a storm ( just give him a chance)

falcongt
Old 04-22-2008, 06:58 PM
PilotSmith

This is so strange. The next email after the notification that there was a post to this topic was from a family member with the subject "Casting all your care upon Him for He cares for you. (1 Peter 5 : 7 )" . Now I am really going to feel guilty if I do something that isn't nice!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:16 PM
RU4JESUS2 FALCONGTS

SOUNDS like our prayres are being heard
sometimes jesus works through us to reach others ( people tried to talk to me I didn't get it had to learn the hard way)people wanted to be my friend and help me with my attitude
seeing the love of christ through them changed my life over 20 years ago

I believe there is A way to fix this It will take time

1 in the park do you have to fly over houses?? to keep airborn ??
2 if it is not nessary to fly over the houses have a ( no fly zone here) sign up for safety
3 or have a sign in the park with rules ( no fly zone area or no flying before 8 am ) some ideas

when you tell your little kid to sit down and they don't want to then you say NOW !! they sit down but you know there sitting down but on the inside there standing up tall

will keep you in my prayers for sure and god loves us so much

just some ideas and hope we don't need the anti aircraft guns

falcongt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.