Community
Search
Notices
S.P.A.D. Aircraft - Coroplast design Discuss the growing area of S.P.A.D.S. (Simple Plastic Airplane Designs). Coroplast type aircraft, pizza box planes, etc..

2008 SPADFEST Website

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 08:09 PM
dizzane
My Feedback: (140)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 SPADFEST Website

Clean,
this whole forum you have posted how our club sucks and that a 8 min. flight(sorry you said 15) just about killed you. In one of your post you stated something about staying home..... hmm
Old 04-21-2008, 08:09 PM
ncrego
My Feedback: (40)

BTW Clean, if you want me to stop, it's easy. Simply apologize for bashing the club and I'll move on.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:12 PM
ncrego
My Feedback: (40)

Hmm.. Thanks for posting that, apparently I haven't updated my profile in years. Doing it now.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:19 PM
kodaknix

GOD
just say your sorry clean ..or please just STOP posting.and lets get back to just talking about how much fun spad fest is.and for the balsa guys that are mad I SORRY .this is the last year out there and I think you guys have a great club and field and I didnt here anyone say any bad things last year at SF07. and for the guys that dont like spads IM sorry to I fly balsa and spads I love them both.
So please let all be the great bunch of growen ups people we are shake hands ...
Old 04-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Clean

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: dizzane

Clean,
this whole forum you have posted how our club sucks and that a 8 min. flight(sorry you said 15) just about killed you. In one of your post you stated something about staying home..... hmm

Where sir, WHERE! I Posted that I was shocked that we had broken rules we didn't know about. That a month before something most of us including me have planned with much revelry and anticipation that 'Oh by the way, this this and this are not acceptable' when we've been talking about it for a year. And then I did say that I could care less about 1/3 scale aerobatics and if I knew about it ahead of time I would plan my activity around it. That if by flying SPADs at your club I and my brethren are besmirching your club we could go somewhere else. And I think if we did it in person and not over these damn keyboards you would get the gist of it.

IF you read my posts of last years event you will see much of the same satisfaction that I experienced and am still hoping for this year. IF you read the posts since you will see the back breaking effort I have done in my own way tooo explain it to you. That I do not want to cause you're club problems mainly by my showing up and flying as I did last year which Foodstick mentioned there were some rule infringements but which Email has explained to us all. Except sir to YOU and to NCREGO.

If sir there is a problem so extreme, and attitude YOU posses which is so far tilted that YOU cannot see past this problem. Then you sir may stick your attitude, you field and your event firmly up there, sideways and quite a bit to the left. It is my firm opinion that you do NOT represent your club but only represent your interest in the club much as I support and attempt to represent my people. Having failed to do so I will see you folks at Spads over Texas, Spads over Memphis or Spads over Monkeys backyard. I will not waste my very limited Model airplane budget and time only to irritate you foul sir.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:34 PM
ChrisSpad

I don't want anyone to think i'm picking on Joe (Emailbanter). I am certainly not. Him and i have had our differences, and thats fine. But, let me remind you guys of a few things.

1. We were invited to your club, by club members, it was voted on and approved by your club's board of directors (or whatever you guys have). If you didn't like it, fine - you had every right to attend a club meeting and discuss it then, when permission to host this event was being sought. I seriously suspect that somehow, the whiners didn't bother to go to that club meeting. Nothing like someone who doesn't bother to take an interest in their club whining when something doesn't go their way, even though they had every opportunity to complain at the appropriate time.

2. On top of being invited, we also pay a "landing fee" for the use of your field.

3. Your club has 2 fields - we certainly haven't closed them both. I could almost understand if you guys didn't have somewhere else to fly - but come on, give me a break. Quit whining. (see point 1)

how is it fair that you guys with the trash planes can take up a whole weekend?
See point 1. And congratulations to yourself for making your whole 140+ member club look like a real bunch or horses asses.

5. Clean is entitled to his opinion. I often times don't agree with it, but, he certainly wasn't trashing your club. The point that i take from the whole "demo" is this. 99% of us fly in clubs where there are least one or more big gassers. You can go to the Memphis Propbusters any given Saturday and see 3 or 4 40+% planes. Just because we choose to fly plastic doesn't mean we don't know, or have never seen a big gasser- some of us even own some. At any rate, while i doubt the CD had this attitude- it comes across like this to us - Here- let us show you how a "real plane" flies. I don't care what is said, that is how it comes across. We know how "real planes" fly - most of us have some. The whole "trash planes' comment just reinforces that.

6. Last but not least - I can without a doubt guarantee you this - Spadfest will not be held in Iowa next year, rest assured. If we have to rent out the Rantoul air strip like we have in the past, we will. At least there we never had to put up with whiny club members.