Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Club Enya

Old 04-23-2008, 08:14 PM
LaCerne
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Club Enya

Kmot might you have a 40 4C not a 46. I've never seen an Enya 46 open rocker 4C. I have a 40 that looks like yours and it runs great and idles just as you described. It flew a Goldberg cub with an 11X6. Great engine!

Larsen
Old 04-23-2008, 08:15 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Dave. .002" is .05mm so I need to open them another 100th of a mm.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:25 PM
SQUIZZY

Hi out there,im looking for a cylinder head for an Enya 50CX or a reasonably priced second hand one for parts.No jokes thanks Brian
Old 04-25-2008, 10:33 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here you go. I've order quite a few parts direct from this web site. Ken Enya provides fantastic service and fast shipping.

http://www.enya-engine.com/P_list/P_list50CX_E.html

Here's the home page:

http://www.enya-engine.com/store/ind...ain_page=index

David
Old 04-25-2008, 10:55 PM
downunder

ORIGINAL: SQUIZZY
Hi out there,im looking for a cylinder head for an Enya 50CX or a reasonably priced second hand one for parts.No jokes thanks Brian
Well now we know, an Enya cylinder head wears out before anything else does .

I'd go along with rainedave...the head from Enya is 2415 yen which works out to be just under $25 and only takes a couple of days to get to Oz.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:48 PM
SQUIZZY

Thanks Rainedave and Downuneder for the help,much appreciated as the price is right too.Now the head did not wear out, just over tightened the plug and the thread dissapeared.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:35 AM
sodbuster 1

Enya .90 4C help anyone?

Inherited this engine and could use some advice ie:fuel, adjusting valves , prop size etc.etc.

Would anyone have a manual?
Old 05-12-2008, 07:57 PM
rrengineer
My Feedback: (3)

Just email Enya direct. I needed a couple of manuals for two engines I bought on Ebay and Ken Enya emailed me with both engine manuals attached in PDF form, no charge. I guess I'm also a member here too. How about:

SS 30BB Type TN (new in the box)
CX 40 model 6201
SS 40 model 6301
VT-240 4C Just bought slightly used on Ebay

Used to fly Enya exclusively back in Massachussetts when I started in R/C in the late 60s. Always great running, reliable motors.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:32 PM
GndProx

Hope Someone can help.

I have an Enya 40 Model 6002 which was given to me which had a missing piston ring. I have purchased a replacement dykes ring from Frank Bowman but now need engine screw set, front housing gasket and drive washer. I don't have the illustrated parts breakdown to identify the part numbers needed.

1) Does anyone know if the Enya SS40 parts such as screw set, gasket and drive washer are interchangeable with the Enya 40 Model 6002?
2) Did the Model 6002 come with a head gasket?

Thanks for any help
Mike
Old 05-18-2008, 08:39 PM
downunder

The 45 has the same crankcase as the 40 and the Enya parts list shows the same gasket used on both the 45 and SS40. The prop driver won't be interchangeable though because of plain bearing/ball raced. The 45's prop driver is P/No 45B10 from Enya and is the same as used on the 40. As best I recall (without taking the head off ) there's no shim under the head.

Here's the [link=http://enya-engine.com/P_list/P_list452_E.html]parts list[/link] for the 45 model 6002.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:10 AM
GndProx

Downunder

Thanks for your help, the parts list and info on the 6002 is greatly appreciated.

Mike
Old 05-19-2008, 12:19 PM
stg61abc

New member to the club.
Enya .15 IV bought used, overhauled, cleaned and polished
cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48935.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	952656   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31249.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	952657   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13808.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	952658  
Old 05-19-2008, 06:56 PM
GaGeeBees
My Feedback: (23)

I guess I need to join the club as well. Here's my Enya VT-240 freshly mounted in my TopFlite Staggerwing. Powerful engine and awesome sound! Kelvin at Keleo Creations was kind enough to make me an exhaust header. http://rcuvideos.com/item/VXQYB27VYMQD1RSH
Old 05-19-2008, 07:24 PM
rrengineer

Awsome engine run. Very nice, clean installation. How about some particulars like what fuel, fuel system setup, etc. Looks like you have on board glow drivers. Is the fuel system pressurized? Do you think it might be too much for the Top Flight Staggerwing? What is the all up weight of this model. How much was the exhaust manifold? I only ask these questions because I am waiting for UPS to deliver my Ebay VT-240 it has no exhaust and I am trying to figure out what models it will be best for. Supposed to be in the 20 pound range I have been told.
Mike
Old 05-19-2008, 08:22 PM
GaGeeBees

ORIGINAL: rrengineer

Awsome engine run. Very nice, clean installation. How about some particulars like what fuel, fuel system setup, etc. Looks like you have on board glow drivers. Is the fuel system pressurized? Do you think it might be too much for the Top Flight Staggerwing? What is the all up weight of this model. How much was the exhaust manifold? I only ask these questions because I am waiting for UPS to deliver my Ebay VT-240 it has no exhaust and I am trying to figure out what models it will be best for. Supposed to be in the 20 pound range I have been told.
Mike
Fuel is Omega Cool Power 4-cycle - no additives or special mixing, just fuel straight off the hobby shop shelf.

Standard two-line tank with DuBro fueling valve.

I was NOT using a pressure tap for this run. The manual says it may not be needed and that appears to be true - at least for this installation.

Glow driver is McDaniel/SonicTronics two cylinder driver with a 2400 mAh 4-cell NiCad pack. Excellent product at a great price.

Regarding whether this will be too much for the Staggerwing, I don't think so. I originally set up and flew this plane all last season with a Saito 1.70 radial. While it flew well enough, I had to bolt 26 ounces to the firewall in order to balance it. Additionally, the Saito was marginal on takeoff and there was just no room for error. Any engine sag on takeoff would have most likely resulted in a lost aircraft. The larger Enya should give me some reserve horsepower and allow me to replace the lead ballast with weight that actually helps turn the prop. All up weight is 21 pounds.

The exhaust collector was ~ $130 including the shipping. It fit perfectly right out of the box. Kelvin is a great craftsman (and an excellent modeller in his own right) and you'll enjoy doing business with him.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:29 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike

I often find that "too much" is just right.

How does it balance with the VT-240 on the nose? Like they say, you can always throttle back. If you can get the model to land with the engine running, it isn't too much.

You guys are going to force me to buy a VT-240 yet. I have my Saito R5 5 cylinder radial and my OS FT-300 Twin. All I lack to complete my triad of dream engines is the Enya VT-240. But first a Suzuki GS-500F must be purchased. I love middleweight motorcycles that love to wheelie.

Ed Cregger

Old 05-19-2008, 08:50 PM
rrengineer

Heck Ed, you just set a goal for me. Now I must have a radial too! Good thing I don't have a wife to say "is that a new engine?" ;^) Thanks for the info GaGeeBees. Nice simple setup. Best to keep it simple if at all possible. I have a Cline pressure regulator, but I need to tap the exhaust for fuel tank pressure. Kelvin's exhaust have a pressure tap anywhere?
Mike
Old 05-19-2008, 09:22 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All you have to do is find the right wife, like I and many others, have done.

My wife likes it when I buy something expensive. It helps offset the expense of her $6 to $12 thousand dollar sewing machines and accessories that she buys. Not only that, but she generates a lot of money as well. I got super lucky when I found her. As if all of that wasn't enough, she's also my best friend. Has been for 39 years.

Ed Cregger
Old 05-20-2008, 05:42 PM
GaGeeBees

Heck Ed, you just set a goal for me. Now I must have a radial too! Good thing I don't have a wife to say "is that a new engine?" ;^) Thanks for the info GaGeeBees. Nice simple setup. Best to keep it simple if at all possible. I have a Cline pressure regulator, but I need to tap the exhaust for fuel tank pressure. Kelvin's exhaust have a pressure tap anywhere?
Mike
Yes, Kelvin's exhaust does come with a pressure tap. Be sure and tell him where you'd like it when you order. Good luck and let us know how your engine runs when you get the chance.

Paul
Old 05-20-2008, 05:52 PM
GaGeeBees

ORIGINAL: Ed Cregger

I often find that "too much" is just right.

How does it balance with the VT-240 on the nose? Like they say, you can always throttle back. If you can get the model to land with the engine running, it isn't too much.

You guys are going to force me to buy a VT-240 yet. I have my Saito R5 5 cylinder radial and my OS FT-300 Twin. All I lack to complete my triad of dream engines is the Enya VT-240. But first a Suzuki GS-500F must be purchased. I love middleweight motorcycles that love to wheelie.

Ed Cregger

Hey Ed,

I agree, too much is usually just about perfect We have similar tastes in engines. I just received a new in the box Saito 3.25 five cyl radial to go with my .90 and 1.70 Saito three cylinders. I guess now all I need is the 4.50 for a complete set. Also getting ready to bolt an OS 3.00 Sirius five cylinder on a Cessna 195. I don't have the OS FT-300 twin (you lucky dog, you) but I do have four Saito 2.70 twins and they're all excellent. I still need to find a nice OS Pegasus flat four... (and an Engines Anonymous meeting )

Regards,
Paul
Old 05-21-2008, 06:44 AM
rrengineer

Got my Ebay VT-240 in the mail today. Opened the box and it looks just great. Went to turn the prop shaft and no compression. Removed one of the valve covers and saw the exhaust valve stuck open. Pushrod was shoved up to stay somehow. Now I guess I will be disassembling my motor to see what's up. This education is kinda sooner than I expected.
Mike
Old 05-21-2008, 07:00 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

MIke , it's probably as simple as someone turning it over after one of the cam followers got stuck in the open position, by some congealed castor, no biggy. Tha't where some Corrosion X would have it humming in about 10 minutes. Or the valve stuck open for the same reason.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:17 PM
rrengineer

I think you are right Hobbsy. The previous owner just emailed me back to say it had been on his desk for 8 years and it just needed fuel in it to free things up. I have not heard of Corrosion X. Where do you get this stuff?
Mike
Old 05-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I used to get it from Sheldon's in Calif. but they were bought out or something, you can get it at certain WalMarts and Marinas. It looks like dis.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40549.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	954041  
Old 05-21-2008, 07:38 PM
GaGeeBees

Got my Ebay VT-240 in the mail today. Opened the box and it looks just great. Went to turn the prop shaft and no compression. Removed one of the valve covers and saw the exhaust valve stuck open. Pushrod was shoved up to stay somehow. Now I guess I will be disassembling my motor to see what's up. This education is kinda sooner than I expected.
Mike
I think Hobbsy is probably right. Most likely culprit is some goo in the pushrod tube. Glow fuel will also loosen it up but doesn't work as fast as CorrosionX.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.