Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingcat C.G.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingcat C.G.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 09:40 PM
flyexperimental

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kingcat C.G.

I just repainted a used Kingkat and was wanting to check the C.G..The directions say something about some holes in the booms at the location of c.g.I added some carbon fibrer to the boom seems and may have covered the holes.Could someone help me out with some other reference point for the cg

Thanks,
Joe
Old 04-27-2008, 12:49 AM
modeljet

Default RE: Kingcat C.G.

OK,, PER THE K.C. MANUAL,
C.G.
BALANCE THE KINGCAT AT THE POINTS(DRILLED HOLES)ON THE BOOMS WITH THE GEAR DOWN AND
WITH FUEL IN THE UAT ONLY
LEAN NOSE DOWN,,SLIGHTLY

FLY,,AND THEN FINE TUNE ME !

THIS IS THE LIFE WE HAVE CHOSSEN "FLYING"
Old 04-27-2008, 01:47 AM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

That does not helps too much, he needs the distance from the front of the booms, I had it and also did the reserch because I rebuild a KC too, I will get you the distance from the leading edge or you can call BVM on Monday and ask for Dustin B., very helpfull guy, he can tall you anything about their airframes.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:10 AM
Ian Shaw

Hi there, the correct measurement for the center of gravity is, 10.7" Aft of L.E at the wing root. Hope this helps
Old 04-27-2008, 07:23 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hole in the bottom of the boom is 35 7/8" forward from the bottom T E of the rudder.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:25 AM
flyexperimental

Read my post ,I have the manual.What holes are you and the manual talking about.My booms have several holes,but I have a feeling the holes they are talking about are no longer thier.Yes BVM has a better manual then the chinese,but when BVM tells me to balance from the holes on the booms ,but do not tell or show me which holes I need some more input.I would like to check it before I fly Today,not Monday when BVM is open.When I posted this I knew somebody would tell me to call BVM.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:27 AM
flyexperimental

Thanks for the help guys.Now I can fly today,rather then wait until Monday for BVM to open and risk the weather not being flyable.
Joe
I got one flight in this morning,before rain came.All went well.When I checked the cg it was about an inch behind BVM's recomended location.I think I have room to move a 4200 ma NiMi battery forward,but seemed to fly well with cg being a little tail heavy.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:12 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Nice!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 03:27 PM
siclick33

when BVM tells me to balance from the holes on the booms ,but do not tell or show me which holes I need some more input.
Not sure if the Kingcat is the same as the Bobcat but on the latter the dimensions are shown on the plans. The manual only states to balance on the boom holes but he does at least give you the info elsewhere.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:58 PM
flyexperimental

I will take a closer look at manual.I looked up the cg in the index and turned straight to the weight and balance page,but no photos.But if the hole is on the bottom of the booms,it is no longer thier since I put a piece of carbon cloth over the bottom seem.bcovish's measurement from the trailing edge of rudder seemed to work for me.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:57 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Congrats on the maiden. Glad the CG worked. Drill a small hole in the bottom of the boom at the CG and install a #2 button head screw in it. Makes finding CG easy in case you want to adjust from there.