Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Nitro for nine year old

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 01:05 PM
zr1s10
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro for nine year old

ORIGINAL: NStampede Freak

From what I hear, the chaos diffs are trash and there is no upgrade for them. I know because I was going to buy a chaos and researched it. They say that the chaos isn't even worth $90 because it has so many problems.[X(]

I still think the Nitro Stampede would be the best for him. Parts are fairly cheap, it is fast, and it is super easy to tune because it has the pro.15 engine.

I'm not going to thread crap. But please send me some proof of this in a pm. I've heard of no problems, obviously plastic diff gears would be a problem for a .21. But the Chaos has a .05.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:59 PM
NStampede Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out this thread:[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4224621/mpage_14/key_/tm.htm[/link]
Lots of reading in there. Also lots of diff probs.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:27 PM
[email protected]

In reply to usmcrevo............its cool
Old 04-27-2008, 05:58 PM
nitro stan

i got a chaos, and i HATE IT cant even sell tha darn thing cheap, every time i run it something in one of the diffs strips. its got about a 1/2 gallon on it
iv been through about 8 pinions,lost count on the drive cups, couple sets of side gears in the diffs.
the engine is ok but the carb is CRAP only on needle

i still say the hyper 7 buggy i linked is about the best deal going

DO NOT GET A CHAOS
Old 04-27-2008, 06:09 PM
bud09

my cuzin stated with a nitro stampede and he's 21. im 17 and i hav a t-maxx 3.3, hpi mt2 g3 and now a savage x 4.6.
he's thinkin bout gettin a nitro rustler now.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:31 PM
megamaxx

bought my 5 year old daughter a nitro sport for christmas last year(her first nitro)she beats the snot out of this poor little truck at least twice a week,shes got good enough at driving she is starting to hit my ramps(makes a father proud)the only thing i have had to replace is a spur gear,which was my fault.to tight for a beginner that hit s things.backed the tension nut off a 1/2 turn and its been trouble free for 4 months now
Old 04-27-2008, 11:04 PM
beer=food
Banned

l AM ALONE AGAIN ! hahahahaha

Get him a FROG !

No no its not nitro, but you havent told us he's had any RC driving experience so assuming he has NONE a nitro first RC is a pretty funny idea, not funny for your wallet, but if you film his first day driving a nitro could be really funny for all of us LOL !

If you have to do it, LOL kids !!! then give him your used revo and get yourself a new one, or maybe buy a used revo, really teach him the ins and outs of nitro, because theres a hell of alot more than just driving with nitro machines, the repairs and constant maintanence may drive him away from the hobby if thrust onto him to full on, get an electric beast, the frogs an RCU joke but anyways there are some good electric off road RC's out there, and fast ones too !
Old 04-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Soothsayerman

Don't dis the Frog man. Just don't. You might burn in HE double hockey sticks!

The TRINITY of RC - The Frog, The Grasshopper, The Lunchbox.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:07 AM
[email protected]

i think he said his son has drivin his revo.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:36 AM
Trebormojo

i bought a Sportwerk's Chaos for my 5.5 year old daughter. It was the smallest nitro motor I could find. She drives my Revo alot, but I wanted something she could go all out in and me not worry about. I just richen the Revo alot and taught her to go slow. The Chaos gets here today or tomorrow.

For a 9 year old I'd say a Revo would be fine. You probably have a bunch of spare parts from upgrading already so might as well just do that.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Soothsayerman

Personally I'd get him a pede.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:31 PM
beer=food
Banned

ORIGINAL: Trebormojo

i bought a Sportwerk's Chaos for my 5.5 year old daughter. It was the smallest nitro motor I could find. She drives my Revo alot, but I wanted something she could go all out in and me not worry about. I just richen the Revo alot and taught her to go slow. The Chaos gets here today or tomorrow.

For a 9 year old I'd say a Revo would be fine. You probably have a bunch of spare parts from upgrading already so might as well just do that.
You have engine sizes, bore diametres, lip lengths, 100 thou pits , metric and imperial measurements all rattling round in that mellon aint ya, to much nitro for you buddy hahaha, 5.5 years old ay LOL, @ 5 and a half year old nitro driver, my wife will never let my little girl do that at 5, you guys do realise how toxic the nitro industry is, and it DOES cause cancer if exposed to much, keep it in mind guys, we are exposed to over 85 thousand chemicals, nitro is one of the worse to handle, go the 5 year old kiddies !
Old 04-28-2008, 09:13 PM
nitro stan

i got nitro in both eyes a couple weeks ago, man did that suck
Old 04-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Trebormojo

Nobody says she handles the fuel. she touches the remote and flips it back on all fours occasionally.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:14 PM
beer=food
Banned

No body said they didnt either until the above post, its going to happen sooner or later, or she learns nothing and is just a driver, one wonders will the truck be kept out of reach or in her room, how do you stop her or even know if she has fuel residue on her fingers from touching it ? Its the same in the field eventually, l have a little girl, and, all these things l also ponder, the problem is alot more detailed than one first realises ! Dont want to piss you off, hope you think about it as much as me is all.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:27 PM
binty2k8

hi i mirt be starting to get into nitro monster truck petrol ones could sumone give me sum information abt getting i am 13 but i dnt really wnt a big one that costs loads under 150 pound be cud?and the veader can u get one of them in a petrol one cos i would like one that size but i dnt wnt a battery one
Old 05-27-2008, 07:33 PM
RCCanuck

Nitro is fine for young kids...they just need to be taught how to handle it both the maintanence and the running....I have a 7 year old and a 9 yr old that drive my Picco .26 Tmaxx and my Savage .32....I started them both with taking the bodies off and cleaning them up...then I moved onto changing reciever batteries for me then air filters.....now they can both pull the wheels as long as I loosen the wheel nuts for them.....They never touch the fuel bottle and they are not allowed to run any of the nitros without Dad right there with them...USMCREVO don't be afraid to get them started with nitro once they learn that they can branch out to whatever they want to run.....My 7 yr old would rather drive his Micro DT then the nitros.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:11 PM
binty2k8

ok thanks just cos my brother and my dad have just got new 1/5 th and 1/6th scale buggys and i would like to start so i fort start small make my way up to a big one.And i have being watching videos on youtube about them and there is a lad who shows a video how to start them and he puts his finger over the exhauslt then pulls the ripcord 1 or 2 times then puts his glow plug in then he pulls it ones and it goes can u start them like that or not?thanks
Old 05-29-2008, 05:30 PM
beer=food
Banned

l wanna be a kid again !

no wait maybe l still am !

Anyone been over to the warship forum, OmFREEKIN G theres some awsome crap over there go look, real torpedoes ,torpedoes with exploding bearing war heads LOL , get ya 9 year old one of them ! HAHAHAH and frakin RUN for ya life !
Old 05-29-2008, 06:30 PM
binty2k8

hi is there anyone who wud be after selling there lst2 or ayother petrol monster truck about as big as a 1/18 and smaller
Old 05-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Soppy

ORIGINAL: nitro rc

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

[8D] yeah ......youngest on RCU ay not to be offensive but who helps you with your truck or are you antoher one of us 11-18 yr old genusis on here..
ya my dad has to help me fix mine when it breaks which he will be helping me take apart the tranny tomorrow!!
I fix mine on my own as does my brother and we're both in that age bracket...
Old 05-29-2008, 06:53 PM
binty2k8

ye i am one of the 11-18 so does anyone no where there is any for sale then