Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Thoughts on the new Traxxas Slash.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Always Dreamin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on the new Traxxas Slash.

What do you think about the Slash? I'm aware it's not out yet, but what are some early thoughts? I think it's a great car. I think that it's a very nice car, and I like the layout. I like the looks, too.

The only problem I have with it, or at least not sure about, is the performance. How will it handle in the air, how durable will it be? Now, I know that it uses some very familuar parts. It should be fairly durable.

What do you think about it?

I'm asking because I was looking at buying one. I also was asking because I just wanted to know what everyone else thought.

Have a good day,
Wipe Out [8D]
Old 04-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Chris_RC

Default RE: Thoughts on the new Traxxas Slash.

I think it is just a Rustler with a new chassis, waterprofed electronics, and a new body. They used the same ESC/Motor combo and everything is pretty much the same. I would rather get the Losi Desert Truck because of more innovation.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:50 PM
savtraxx

I think it's a great car. I think that it's a very nice car, i know what you think of it you should of said "lovely beautiful car"
Old 04-27-2008, 08:34 PM
billdee

if it was out already i would of purchased one. already lost intrest,won't be getting one. i hope some one at traxxas reads this.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:46 PM
infanterene

Its not just a ruslter with a different body. Its wider and longer. Look at it compared to a rustler.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74641.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	938573  
Old 04-27-2008, 08:48 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To me it seems as if someone at Traxxas just discovered CORR racing and was like "YAY lets capitalize on this too!". So they rebadge the rustler and try to get "involved" with the CORR industry.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Chris_RC

But looking at the Slash and the Rustler I wouldn't get the Slash since the body looks so "fat" you could say. It doesn't look like a CORR truck at all. And does anybody know how the Slash did when on the Speed channel Sat?
Old 04-27-2008, 11:24 PM
wookie_racer
My Feedback: (8)

the slash is based more on the pede not the rustler.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:50 AM
rufus2000

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

But looking at the Slash and the Rustler I wouldn't get the Slash since the body looks so "fat" you could say. It doesn't look like a CORR truck at all. And does anybody know how the Slash did when on the Speed channel Sat?
I follow you on that. The body is a little bit rounded, in my opinion it doesn't look as good as the full size CORR trucks...

also, it will have less traction than a stadium truck because the wheels are narrower. and since the wheelbase is longer it may be abit unstable during tight turns.

but maybe I'd give it a chance and try it out, if the price is right. sound like it could take a fast brushless on 3S lipo anytime.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:28 AM
ftt4maniac

If you look at specs, the slash isnt any wider than the rustler. The body makes it look wider. This truck is meant for you and your buddies laying down some cones in your backyard or driveway, and having a riot banging and bashing to the finish. I have 6 of my friends buying one along with myself, all have agreed to do no hopp-ups, we have track all designed including some water pits. To me that will be more fun than running any of my other trucks.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:08 AM
savtraxx

it looks like a fat stingray...[:'(]
Old 04-28-2008, 06:36 AM
BigTb17

I like the look of it and I am considering getting one.

It has a bunch of new features that make it an attractive buy. It has captured steel turnbuckles (Jato style), waterproof electronics, VXL tranny (so it is brushless ready), progressive rate springs, digital steering servo, and I like that it has a much more scale look than most other Traxxas offerings.

I am still waiting on a price though. I have read that it will be between $200-250. At $200 it will only be a bit more expensive than a Stampede or Rustler. However, it would be a bit hard to justify spending $250 on a Traxxas 2WD with XL-5 electronics (even if they are waterproof).
Old 04-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Chris_RC

For $250 I would just buy the Losi Desert Truck.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Troopermanaic
My Feedback: (7)

I like the truck but I would buy it if they came out with an aftermarket rollcage and if it was nitro powered but thats all a matter of time. Is the losi truck nitro? I saw it the other day and literally went [X(]