Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

VX .21 Parts!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 08:33 AM
DustyDoug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VX .21 Parts!!!

Is anybody out the a supplyer of VX .21 engine parts or know where to order them?
I want to have some things on hand for when this thing blows! I run it hard and it gets pretty hot!

I would like to have
Piston, sleeve, pin, head gasket
One way bearing
Exhaust seal
Carb seal
Clutch bell bearings & bolt

Also curious about the cost of these parts, any words of advise?

Happy Motoring,
Dusty
Old 05-02-2008, 01:46 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: VX .21 Parts!!!

Sorry we do not parts for engine only. But if you want we can trade you another complete engine for a $20 charge.

Andy
ORIGINAL: DustyDoug

Is anybody out the a supplyer of VX .21 engine parts or know where to order them?
I want to have some things on hand for when this thing blows! I run it hard and it gets pretty hot!

I would like to have
Piston, sleeve, pin, head gasket
One way bearing
Exhaust seal
Carb seal
Clutch bell bearings & bolt

Also curious about the cost of these parts, any words of advise?

Happy Motoring,
Dusty
Old 05-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Dirty South Racing

deleted.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Dirty South Racing

What kind of company does not sell parts for there engine? My dad, some how lost the msn out of his engine today and has been trying to find either that part or a new carb, I guess I have found out why he could not find the parts.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:06 AM
yadac123

Wouldn't it be easier if I swap the engine for our customers? If you need a carb that outside of the engine and I can get it. Parts that are internal we do not stock up.

Andy
Old 05-05-2008, 05:29 AM
Dirty South Racing

He needs a carb. I need to know where to get it from and how much it is. Thanks.
He is also wanting a 9 tooth cb, which he's tried to order twice, but now has two extra 10 tooth cbs.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:14 AM
yadac123

what's your order number so I can give you a price quote.

Andy

Old 05-05-2008, 06:39 AM
DustyDoug

Andy,
Thanks for the engine swap offer. My .21 is still running fine, so I will just run it untill it has problems rather than get parts.
I do have a .18 small block that has low compression that needs to be replaced.
How do we handle the logistics of an engine swap?

Thanks,
Dusty
Old 05-05-2008, 07:33 AM
Dirty South Racing

ORIGINAL: yadac123

what's your order number so I can give you a price quote.

Andy

I'm not sure what you mean, if your wanting a part #, I do not have one for the carb, all I know is it is the three needle carb that came on the .21. The part # for the cb is 83008T-Clutch Bell (9T).
Old 05-05-2008, 08:50 PM
cflytrap

What kind of company does not sell parts for there engine? My dad, some how lost the msn out of his engine today and has been trying to find either that part or a new carb, I guess I have found out why he could not find the parts
Its simple. These toys are manufactured in massive lots and sold to distributors in the US as complete units, in huge lots. We are talking by the thousands. Each distributor has licensed rights to sell the product under a specific name (like Exceed, Redcat, Himoto.) The engine manufacturer is not necessarily the same as the manufacturer of the plastic parts. The mill that makes the aluminum chassis and shock caps, arms etc may be a sub-contractor as well for all we know.

Given all that said, other small companies get there hands on small lots of parts that the major distributors dont have from the sources. These small online hobby shops make money off of having the stuff the major distributors dont carry. look at all the aluminum parts you can get some places, and not others. All you gotta do is look on the net. For example. I run a VX.18. Andy said he will be supplying parts for that in the future. I accept I cannot get it from him and I move on. I asked around on the forums and the results I got were for <link removed> The owner, Wade is a really helpful guy. Email him and he will respond. I have got a couple really cool parts I couldnt get anywhere else.

I also got about 16,900 results for .21 carburator in about a half a second by typing it in to google.

good luck!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:34 AM
Dirty South Racing

ORIGINAL: cflytrap

What kind of company does not sell parts for there engine? My dad, some how lost the msn out of his engine today and has been trying to find either that part or a new carb, I guess I have found out why he could not find the parts
Its simple. These toys are manufactured in massive lots and sold to distributors in the US as complete units, in huge lots. We are talking by the thousands. Each distributor has licensed rights to sell the product under a specific name (like Exceed, Redcat, Himoto.) The engine manufacturer is not necessarily the same as the manufacturer of the plastic parts. The mill that makes the aluminum chassis and shock caps, arms etc may be a sub-contractor as well for all we know.

Given all that said, other small companies get there hands on small lots of parts that the major distributors dont have from the sources. These small online hobby shops make money off of having the stuff the major distributors dont carry. look at all the aluminum parts you can get some places, and not others. All you gotta do is look on the net. For example. I run a VX.18. Andy said he will be supplying parts for that in the future. I accept I cannot get it from him and I move on. I asked around on the forums and the results I got were for <link removed> The owner, Wade is a really helpful guy. Email him and he will respond. I have got a couple really cool parts I couldnt get anywhere else.

I also got about 16,900 results for .21 carburator in about a half a second by typing it in to google.

good luck!
I understand that, but most companies depend on repeat customers and why would anyone want to buy another rc from a company knowing that they can't get parts for the one they have? So let me rephrase my question for you.
Why would a distributor want to carry an item knowing that the customer couldn't or would have a problem getting parts for it?
I don't own an Exceed RC, my dad does and he has had nothing but problems trying to get parts for it, either not getting what he ordered, wrong part or not even been able to find the part he needed. I'm not blaming anyone inperticular, it was a question directed to the manufacturer and from what I've read it seems that alot of sellers are getting a bad rep undesirvingly just because they sell certian brands such as Exceed.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:06 AM
yadac123

If you engine has low compression then most likely your carb has problems. There is a screw on the carb unlock it and remove it from the engine and then clean it with a cloth and then reinsert it. Try it and if still doesn't fix the problem pm me your order number and I'll do a swap.

Andy
ORIGINAL: DustyDoug

Andy,
Thanks for the engine swap offer. My .21 is still running fine, so I will just run it untill it has problems rather than get parts.
I do have a .18 small block that has low compression that needs to be replaced.
How do we handle the logistics of an engine swap?

Thanks,
Dusty