Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone North American T-28 Trojan

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone North American T-28 Trojan

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 03:37 PM
sportrider_fz6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone North American T-28 Trojan

looks good, I'm still waiting for them to start selling replacement airframes. I put a stryker B together out of spare parts for about $70 RTF. I want to build a trojan the same way, except for adding all the mods!!!
Old 05-03-2008, 07:23 PM
sparky4166
My Feedback: (1)

Just got back from flying the Trojan with the Flaperons and I loved it. It takes a little getting used to because of the small control surfaces. It really limits your manuvering ability at slow speed with flaps down but in a slight headwind it will almost stop. I love this plane more every time I fly it. I do believe I will go ahead and ship it back to Horizon because of the damage that was caused when the alerion servo failed 3 times. I just hate to do without it long enough to let it go.
-me-
Old 05-03-2008, 07:33 PM
sparky4166

ORIGINAL: sportrider_fz6

looks good, I'm still waiting for them to start selling replacement airframes. I put a stryker B together out of spare parts for about $70 RTF. I want to build a trojan the same way, except for adding all the mods!!!
Sport,
All of the airframe is available as replacement parts. Problem is when you buy everything, you have as much in the airframe less motor, esc, servos, than you can purchase the PNP for. The PNP is only $159.99. And comes with everything except a battery and radio. Of course you might as well buy the RTF and sell the radio and charger on ebay and end up with a free battery for that.
-me-
Old 05-04-2008, 12:31 PM
raz54

11Hotel . I like your idea but without shocks it might be a little bouncy on landings. I tried bending the stock gear back a little to give it some suspension which did seem to work but if you didn't hit the landing just right it would bounce the plane back up.

zestril5 . Glad my idea could help. Since I did mine I haven't had any more problems with the front gear.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:20 AM
11Hotel

Raz, thanks for the input. I am gonna try it as soon as I finish the nosewheel oleo and mount them to the plane. I'm thinking some kind of damper or something for teh "bounciness". Right now I am using some pretty weak springs and that should help. All in all I am just looking for some energy absorption on landings.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:08 PM
11Hotel

Got a new sticker for my toolbox. Also I recevied new decals in the mail, but should I put them on before or after the packing tape on the wings/fuselage?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66664.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	943406  
Old 05-05-2008, 06:34 PM
raz54

ORIGINAL: 11Hotel

Raz, thanks for the input. I am gonna try it as soon as I finish the nosewheel oleo and mount them to the plane. I'm thinking some kind of damper or something for teh "bounciness". Right now I am using some pretty weak springs and that should help. All in all I am just looking for some energy absorption on landings.

I'm looking forward to hearing how they work.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:01 AM
11Hotel

Hey Raz, I am headed up to try my planes out at 8500' instead of my normal 2000' and I'll try out the oleo shocks and let you know how they work. Also, does anyone know if adding Deans connectors to your ESC voids the warranty?
Old 05-08-2008, 11:52 AM
raz54

I think that depends on who made it or where you bought it. I've had warranty issues with a couple things from a couple companies and they never said anything about the connectors being different. I suppose if they want to they can turn it down because it's been modified so talk nice..lol
Old 05-08-2008, 09:20 PM
ejam

I have a question. Has anyone had any problems with screws being too small for the wing latch on the parkzone t28 trojan? I cant fly mine untill I mod the wing latch. It sucks, because this is the way it came new out of the box. I know, just fix it and fly!! But the point is, its brand new and I paid good money for it. Now Im questioning the electonics. Should I change out the servos and rx befor my first flight?[&o]
Old 05-08-2008, 09:31 PM
GaGeeBees
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: ejam

I have a question. Has anyone had any problems with screws being too small for the wing latch on the parkzone t28 trojan? I cant fly mine untill I mod the wing latch. It sucks, because this is the way it came new out of the box. I know, just fix it and fly!! But the point is, its brand new and I paid good money for it. Now Im questioning the electonics. Should I change out the servos and rx befor my first flight?[&o]
Nope. I've got two of them and both went together easily. I did have to slip a small piece of high density foam under the captive nut for the wing bolt because it could move just enough so that the screw wouldn't reach it. Once I did that it screwed right in. The electronics have been fine for me. I'm running stock servos, battery and ESC. I did change over to Spektrum though but only because it's more convenient for me not because there were problems with the stock radio system.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:54 PM
raz54

I haven't had any problems with the hardware or electronics (so far).
Old 05-09-2008, 05:53 AM
tubamike78

i haven't had any problems with stock setup either, but i did switch out to spektrum just so i don't have as many radios to lug around. as far as the screws for the wing, a small washer will take care of that.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:58 PM
ejam

Maybe Im missing the captive nut, because the screw is long enough, just does'nt thread into the hole in the plate that is glued into the fuse. I know it sounds crazy to make a big fuss about the screw, but I would like to figure out if it is something missing or maybe it has been used before I bought it and the person befor me broke it? If I find out that it is a broken part, then I can return it.
Thanks for everyones help!
Old 05-09-2008, 04:51 PM
GaGeeBees
My Feedback: (23)

Maybe Im missing the captive nut, because the screw is long enough, just does'nt thread into the hole in the plate that is glued into the fuse. I know it sounds crazy to make a big fuss about the screw, but I would like to figure out if it is something missing or maybe it has been used before I bought it and the person befor me broke it? If I find out that it is a broken part, then I can return it.
Thanks for everyones help!
Sounds like you might be missing the nut. It's just an ordinary piece of hardware, nothing special. My local Ace hardware has a whole bin full of 'em.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:00 PM
cjg

The screw for the wing is an M3 25mm screw and corresponding nut at an Ace hardware. I picked up several at the hardware store for less than 50 cents.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Zeta30

Hey,

I've had my T-28 since December and have been pretty happy with it until the OEM battery puffed a couple of weeks ago. I had maybe 10 cycles on this battery. I have a decent charger, Vision Peak Ultra so it has never been over charged and never been drained below 80%.

I sent HorrizonHobby an e-mail about this and here is their response.
Jay, thank you for the email. The warranty is that the item will be
free from manufacturing defects out of the box. Once flown there is no
longer a warranty.

I hope you find this information useful. If you should have any further
questions, please reply to this email or give us a call at
1-877-504-0233.

Thanks,
Andrew
Product Support Team Member
Horizon Hobby Distributors
4105 Fieldstone Road
Champaign, IL 61822
877-504-0233
[email protected]

To say I'm disappointed in this is an understatement. I have read many posts from people who have flown their planes and found out there was a defective part and gotten it replaced under warranty.

I can understand if the battery had a one month warranty and the time limit had expired but to seem to randomly say that they won't warrant this item because I flew it is ludicrous.

I will be thinking hard before I buy another Hobbyzone product.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:57 PM
toddzhere2

I had a problem with the screw also. Its plenty long enough. However, the nut that is supposed to be capture in the plastic fell out and was sitting in the bottom of the box. I just put a small amount of Gorilla glue on it and used some needle nose pliers and worked it back in the plastic. Leave the screw in it so that you will not have any glue running into the threads of the nut. Mine has been perfect ever since

One mod that I found helpful was to grind a little of the plastic post that the screw goes through in the wing. That way it pulls the wing a little tighter against the fuselage before it bottoms out.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:06 PM
toddzhere2

ORIGINAL: Zeta30

Hey,

I've had my T-28 since December and have been pretty happy with it until the OEM battery puffed a couple of weeks ago. I had maybe 10 cycles on this battery. I have a decent charger, Vision Peak Ultra so it has never been over charged and never been drained below 80%.

I sent HorrizonHobby an e-mail about this and here is their response.
Jay, thank you for the email. The warranty is that the item will be
free from manufacturing defects out of the box. Once flown there is no
longer a warranty.

I hope you find this information useful. If you should have any further
questions, please reply to this email or give us a call at
1-877-504-0233.

Thanks,
Andrew
Product Support Team Member
Horizon Hobby Distributors
4105 Fieldstone Road
Champaign, IL 61822
877-504-0233
[email protected]

To say I'm disappointed in this is an understatement. I have read many posts from people who have flown their planes and found out there was a defective part and gotten it replaced under warranty.

I can understand if the battery had a one month warranty and the time limit had expired but to seem to randomly say that they won't warrant this item because I flew it is ludicrous.

I will be thinking hard before I buy another Hobbyzone product.

Sorry that you had a problem with your battery. However, Horizon isn't unique in not providing a warranty on battery packs. They test them before they leave the factory for defects and that is about as good as it gets with anybody.

You obviously got a bad one. However, how many people do you think overcharge or overdischarge their batteries and then want to return them? Thats not a manufacturing problem but "operator" error. Horizon has no way of knowing how your battery was charged. Therefore, if they had to warranty every battery that had been abused, we would be paying double for them.

I am extremely careful with my batteries. In fact, I only charge them to 95% as well. I still get packs that will puff. That includes extemely expensive 4s 25c Lipo packs.

Unfortunatley, lipos aren't bullet proof. However, the 123 batteries are probably going to be the norm in a year or so.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:11 PM
toddzhere2

Has anyone messed with the aileron differencial in the Spektrum radios. I want to get rid of the yaw when rolling my Trojan and I have heard that you should have a 3:2 ratio for the up and the down aileron. Is that +30% in the differential setting?

Has anyone played with this?
Old 05-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Zeta30

Sorry that you had a problem with your battery. However, Horizon isn't unique in not providing a warranty on battery packs. They test them before they leave the factory for defects and that is about as good as it gets with anybody.

You obviously got a bad one. However, how many people do you think overcharge or overdischarge their batteries and then want to return them? Thats not a manufacturing problem but "operator" error. Horizon has no way of knowing how your battery was charged. Therefore, if they had to warranty every battery that had been abused, we would be paying double for them.

I am extremely careful with my batteries. In fact, I only charge them to 95% as well. I still get packs that will puff. That includes extemely expensive 4s 25c Lipo packs.

Unfortunatley, lipos aren't bullet proof. However, the 123 batteries are probably going to be the norm in a year or so.
I think you're missing my point. The reason why i think this is ridiculous is because of the reason they give. They don't say we don't take returns on batteries, they say they don't take returns on items after they have been flown which I everyone who has read about the Trojan since it's inception knows is not true.

Why wouldn't they tell the truth and just say, sorry but we don't take returns on batteries?
Old 05-10-2008, 12:34 AM
toddzhere2

They do take returns on planes. They don't take returns on batteries. Once a plane has been flown, that would mean the battery was charged and discharged right?

I think you might have missed the point.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:37 AM
toddzhere2

look for hobb-e-mart on eBay. That is horizon. You will see lots of returned planes after they have been flown.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:16 AM
sportrider_fz6

I received my TURNIGY C3536-1100 motor today, how do you reverse the shaft?
Old 05-10-2008, 08:11 AM
ejam

Thanks GaGeeBees and cjg, I now can go to Ace and get the right hardware.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.