Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Brillelli is busy - so

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 01:40 PM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brillelli is busy - so

It is a month since I ordered some small accessories from Brillelli. No response to emails, no response to a posting in another thread. I realize he is a one man operation but I didn't order a motor, just a fuel filter and some other small items. To date I've received nothing and they received my money. Don't really consider this any kind of decent customer service. If I don't get my parts or any communication from Brillelli, I guess I'll be getting my money back the hard way.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

Default RE: Brillelli is busy - so

Scott has been having a hard time the last couple of months and wasn't sure why... when I talked to him he didn't quite sound like the same old Scott. I found out as many did earlier this week why. The post was made in several Brillelli threads...

OK Guys. I feel I need to let you all know one of the main reasoins delays have been longer than normal the past few months. I just got back from the doctors office. I found out I have type 2 diabetes. A couple of the syptoms atr extreme fatige and blurred vision. I have had both for some time now but did not know why. Because of this I was not able to work nearly as much as normal and that put me more behind. That combined with some supply problems. The good news is, with diet change the problems will go away in a short time. I am very sorry for making some of you wait as long as you have. I had no idea what was wrong with me until today. But things will get back to normal now in a short time. I just felt I owed you all an explination.

Thank You,
Scott Ellingson

Needless to say he was switching diets that day and trying to get things back to normal asap. I expect things will get back to normal quickly.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: GBR2

It is a month since I ordered some small accessories from Brillelli. No response to emails, no response to a posting in another thread. I realize he is a one man operation but I didn't order a motor, just a fuel filter and some other small items. To date I've received nothing and they received my money. Don't really consider this any kind of decent customer service. If I don't get my parts or any communication from Brillelli, I guess I'll be getting my money back the hard way.
I'll say this for Scott, I was tired of waiting for my engine and asked for a refund and received it right away. He's a good guy and I wish I had waited on the engine now.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:05 PM
GBR2

I'm sorry for his problems, however, a simple posting on his site to the effect that due to unforseen circumstances, shipping for everything would be delayed, would have gone a long way. So I guess I'll wait and get replacements else where.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:51 AM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Always your option. I'm sure he appreciates all your understanding.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:12 AM
mistydee0
My Feedback: (103)

Scott,
Sorry to hear about your health problem, If I can I will just say just take it easy and things will get better. I too live with type 2
diabetes and I can say it does get you down from time to time. I take 50mg Actose each day and watch my diet and it is under control. Your vision will get foggy once in a while if you have to much sugar in your diet but it goes away as the sugar disapates.
Just follow the doctors advise, watch your diet, take your meds and you will be ok.

Larry LS PRO ENGINES

AIRBORNE RANGER
Old 05-03-2008, 01:23 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm sorry for his problems, however, a simple posting on his site to the effect that due to unforseen circumstances, shipping for everything would be delayed, would have gone a long way. So I guess I'll wait and get replacements else where.

Thats a pretty cold attitude to have about a mans health. He didn't respond back to you right away because he was busy with doctors. He could have DIED. Do you have ANY idea how SERIOUS diabetes is when you get to the point where you have blurred vision and extreme fatigue? Apparently not. Christ! The guy was probably in the hospital or doctors office on and off over the last couple weeks. It's not something they can fix overnight. You have get blood drawn. Wait for lab results. Multiple trips to the doctor. More blood tests. More lab results.

The man has am impeccable reputation for service and engine quality. Cut him some slack before you run off bashing him on the internet over $20 worth of parts. If $20 and a few weeks is that big of a deal find a new hobby.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:02 PM
scott h

im sorry to hear you have not been well scotttake time to get better.you and your products and helpful knowledge have been a bonus too us all .get well soon . scott h ont canada
Old 05-12-2008, 07:08 PM
bigben
My Feedback: (24)

Wow. I've been patiently waiting on a muffler for a 26 SSR since Toledo and now understand the delay. I figured he was busy but your health always comes first so I and all others can wait Scott.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:34 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think a lot of us engine people quite often think only of how soon we can get the best engine or parts...ect. But I myself have been thinking it the people giving their time & help that really count much more than a material thing. I myself pray that Scott gets back to the very best state of health possible. Many times I have read he is a good man, and I wish him well. Best Regards Capt,n
Old 05-12-2008, 09:12 PM
2slow2matter

Scott is a stand up guy. My dad does a ton of business with him. He always goes above and beyond the call of duty. Trust me, this mans workmaship would be worth a year's wait. I hope GBR2 does take his business somewhere else because A) he doesn't deserve Scott's service, and B) it frees Scott up a little more to do work for me and my dad (LOL).

Scott, I hope you get to feeling better, and quickly. Whether or not you ever build another engine, but for yourself and your family!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:34 PM
GBR2

Still no parts. Still no correspondance. If he can't run his business because of health reasons then he should shut it down till he can.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:25 PM
3DAP

I agree totally. Scott answered every email, call, and promptly resolved all of my concerns during and after purchase. I have not delt with a better person or co. GBR, Reconsider your position. You will find after research that there is probably only one person having problems.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Bladejunkie

Man some people,Scott answered all of my questions,and took care of my Stihl engine in about six or seven days.I could'nt be any more pleased with his service.By the way Scott if your reading this forum the engine runs like a Swiss watch.My wife is a Diabetic,so I know what your going through,take care of yourself and be thankfull you don't have to use insulin like my wife does.Finally GBR2 get over yourself!!!

Jim
Old 05-12-2008, 11:53 PM
GUNS

GBR2,

Get over it! If it is that big of a deal to you, go get your stuff somewhere else! You have an explanation of why, which is better than you will get with most companies. With 500+ (easily, who knows how many really) positive posts about Scott and his business practices, your experience seems to be in the minority. My personal dealings with him have been nothing but positive and he will continue to have my business as long as he continues to sell outstanding products and provide top notch customer service. Rather than continue to complain and take negative shots at him, why don't you spend that time on Tower's site ordering your gear instead of kicking a man while he is down?!?

Venting done!

Tim
Old 05-13-2008, 02:44 PM
frieshoo
My Feedback: (20)

Still no parts. Still no correspondance. If he can't run his business because of health reasons then he should shut it down till he can.
Would you like some Cheese to go with that Whine? [:@]

This is a serious matter. My father wasn't over weight, and was in good shape for 60 years old when he was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. He changed his diet, and took the shots... He still went blind in his right eye... and finally died at 63... Very serious indeed..

Sorry for the downer story, but Diabetes is a very serious condition... even when treated.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:49 PM
joseph185

I hope these negative people arent raising their kids to be negative because we have enough of them already in this world, Scott good luck, I have a different illness but I know what it is like when people just dont give a D@@M
Old 05-13-2008, 08:17 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

I guess every hobby has a few, and for sure GBR2 you are unfortunately one of ours.

Karol
Old 05-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Scott Ellingson
My Feedback: (146)

GBR2- I emailed you a couple weeks ago explaining I was waiting on the filters. I never got a responce if you wanted to wait or a refund for the $8.95 order. I refunded it today because I am not sure when the filters will be here. The company I get them from actually makes them and can not gve me a good answer as to when they will be shipping.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:45 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Some time ago I bought a muffler from Scott, and as agreed used Western Union as my instrument of payment. The muffler was suprisingly shipped before payment was received by Scott, and several weeks after receiving it Western Union advised me that the funds were still uncollected. Had to PM Scott a reminder, which just goes to show the interest he puts in making his customers happy .....100% in my book.

Scott we all are rooting for you to get well soon.

Karol