Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

I DID IT!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 07:47 PM
magimat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I DID IT!

Hey!

I just wanted to share with you all that I just did my first loops a few minutes ago!!!

WOW! that was one of the most exciting moments in my RC experience :-)

I was getting more and more confident with my FF and hovering around in the last few weeks, and every time I went to the field lately I was trying to convince myself that I should try it and tonight, I finally had the guts to do it!!

I was doing it on the sim, but the real thing is really something else.. well.. at least at the beginning I suppose!

I flew my first pack normally with some circuit 8 and high altitude forward flight, then I installed my second pack and I switched the idle-up (I had been flying in idle-up a few times lately just to get the feeling of it).

I simply got to about 40-50 feet high, I took a deep breath then I did a moderate speed forward flight and I just did it :-) Finally, it isnt that hard, you just need to get the nerves!

Of course my loops weren't really nice, I mean it wasnt some precise circle, but now I will just have to practice and I have the feeling that now that I have done it one time, it will be easier to do it again and again.

I also tried a flip at the end. It wasnt very convincing, but I did it anyway and most importantly, I stayed in control all the time and didnt crash.

So thats it, I just wanted to share my excitement :-)

And for all those of you who didnt do it yet and want too (I know there are many here), all I can say now is just do it, you wont believe the feeling you get :-)

Old 05-16-2008, 08:38 PM

Default RE: I DID IT!

Hey, good for you. Loops on a heli aren't at all easy, despite what some may say. They will present a challenge for a long time to come, as it will take a considerable amount of practice to achieve front and center towering loops to the heli's full potential while handling crosswinds, less than perfect entries, etc. Positioning the loops at different angles and places on the flying field will present even more challenges. They're a lot of fun to throw in most any flight routine. Way to go!
Old 05-16-2008, 09:36 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Good job! Keep practicing and don't get cocky
Old 05-16-2008, 10:50 PM
PaulG-RC

Wow! thats great! I was out today too with my 2 helis and I was doing some pirouttes, stall turn 2-3-4 turns figure 8's, sharp turns , steep climbs, fast climbing pirouettes and I was thinking about doing loops and rolls and no guts yet [] I had done it twice with my King2 last year but on the second one it crash but was my fault for flying it with a strip servo having turned the gear until a new one came
Anyway I guess I was getting flashbacks.
I will do it eventually
Had 4 flights with the T-Rex and 5 with my B222 T-Rex then took some pictures, I was bored
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18424.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	950802   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93956.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	950803   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hn25424.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	950804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ng99763.jpg
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	950805   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wh59069.jpg
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	950806  
Old 05-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Skarn

Great job bro! It's a great feeling when you get your first loops and rolls and flips!

Skarn
Old 05-17-2008, 05:16 PM
JJP9398

Good job on the loops. Now when you get comfortable with loop you can start stopping at the top and pause there to work on inverted hoover. That's what I did. I never got really low to the ground until just the other day and the wife snapped a picture. Now it on my desktop and I just can't stop staring at it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us55285.jpg
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	951205   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ne54402.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	951206  
Old 05-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Burntt32
My Feedback: (1)

nice man! hopefully i'll be up and flying again tomorrow, and can give it another go!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Magic Hook

Congrats and thanks for your post. Very encouraging to keep pushing myself past the "safe" flying all the time.