Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

DX7 programming max throws?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

DX7 programming max throws?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 10:30 AM
zaboaa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 programming max throws?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this ? Pretty much a new guy when in comes to airplanes. I am trying to get max throws on my ailerons. I am using the flaperons option and have one aileron on that channel and the other on AUX1. I've increased the throw percentages to 150% on both channels. I get good throw but only when the aileron is being deflected up. I get zero deflection when it is supposed to go down. I.E. right turn input: Right aileron gets deflect up, left one stays neutral. I am sure I am missing something simple but for the life of me I can't figure it out. If go to 100% on both channels they behave normally, but I get unsatisfactory throws. Any help appreciated. Thanx
Old 05-18-2008, 04:46 PM
alan0899

Default RE: DX7 programming max throws?

G'day Mate,
You need to increase the throws, in both directions, it sounds like you have 100% in both directions.
When you change the throws, you must move the stick, so it shows the same amount of throw, both ways, the same is true for all control surfaces.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:47 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

When you select the respective channel to program, move the stick to one side and it will allow end point adjustment in that direction, Move it to the other side, and you can set the end point in the other direction. You will see the throw percentage light up on the display for the direction you are setting. You have to do both channels the same to get equal throw on both surfaces.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:39 PM
PipeMajor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

When you view your servo monitoring function, what does the movement of the stick display as on the screen?
Old 05-19-2008, 11:22 AM
scwest

When discussing "throw percentages" are you talking about servo travel end points or rate percentages in dual rates? I read somewhere that when programming JR servos to more than 140% servo travel end points that they may fail.

SCW