RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 11:09 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

I wouldn't imagine that I heat sink would make much af a difference to performance. you might get a couple degrees cooler out of an aftermarket one. here is the one that Brett65 is talking about

http://cgi.ebay.com/COOLING-HEAD-HPI...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not sure if it would amke as much of a difference as they are saying it will but it sure would look nice!
Old 05-23-2008, 12:02 PM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any other A Arms for this truck besides the Aluminum ones?I keep breaking the stock ones right at the pin.I know the stock ones are cheap to replace but it's getting old replacing them so I want somthing better.I know rpm doesn't make any but was wondering if some one else did.Any info or links is appreciated.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:09 PM
tokenring

Thanks for the link! It sure does look nice... LOL - I'm an IT guy so I called it a heat sink. Cooling head eh???

AB
Old 05-23-2008, 01:25 PM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

ORIGINAL: 241 racing

Are there any other A Arms for this truck besides the Aluminum ones?I keep breaking the stock ones right at the pin.I know the stock ones are cheap to replace but it's getting old replacing them so I want somthing better.I know rpm doesn't make any but was wondering if some one else did.Any info or links is appreciated.
You're gonna either brake other stuff, or break other stuff and bend the aluminum arms if you get aluminum. Don't get it if you bash. Since the truck hasn't been out for a real long time, I bet RPM will come out with some for it eventually.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:28 PM
machine-it

just thought id say hi

im usually on the gas boat forum but my gf bought me the firestorm for my birthday and all i can say wow what a machine.

so far after breaking in the engine its done cart wheels, summersaults, hit a metal pole, hit a tree, landed upside down on tarmac after a huge jump, rolled over and nothing broke can you believe it.

only thing was a clutch spring not accident related though and a new one on its way from hpi but managed to repair it for now.

one thing that got me was the turning circle was terrible till i found out theres a trim button on top of the controller thats not in the manual, it adjusts the amount of relative travel in the steering servo. heard a few people complain about the turning circle so check it may be that.
turn it fully clockwise for maximum travel
Old 05-23-2008, 08:36 PM
yakfish

Check these out. They just came out about a month ago I think. I haven't got them yet But If I break a suspension arm I will probably replace with these. they should be lighter and stronger than the stock ones.

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/100408/

I think you can get them from tower too.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:41 AM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: yakfish

Check these out. They just came out about a month ago I think. I haven't got them yet But If I break a suspension arm I will probably replace with these. they should be lighter and stronger than the stock ones.

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/100408/

I think you can get them from tower too.
Thanks for the link,I bought a set so will try them when I get them.Will post if there better than the stock ones.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:02 PM
yakfish

I have been messing around with the gearing on my firestorm. I have managed to make an RS4 43t spur gear to work. it has a 1 mm gap so the stock clutcb bell doesn't work with it. I am currently running a clutch bell from my raze, I have a 20T bell from asavage that I ordered on its way. if it fits right I will have a 2.15 gear ratio. with the stock 50T spur and the 21T bell I ahd a 2.38 gear ratio. and with the stock 50T spur and the stock 19T clutch bell I had a 2.63 gear ratio! this thing is going to fly when I get done with it!! here are some pics of how I got the 43T spur gear to fit. I made the bushing using an old stripped 50T firestorm spur.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:24 PM
yakfish

Right after I posted I got my order from tower! turns out I ordered a 19T clutch bell instead of a 20T. So I have been working on getting everything put to gether properly. I also got my new mesh wheels so I mounted a set of proline speed hawgs that have been waiting for a couple weeks! so with the new gearing and the street tire I'll be ready for some real highspeed runs
I'll post some more pics with the new tires and wheel once every thing is finished!
Old 05-24-2008, 02:59 PM
yakfish

wow 3 post in a row! here are the pics of the new tires and wheels. they don't have nearly as much traction as the moabs but there not as heavy either. they do handle great though.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:11 PM
dviga001

hey, i put htis up on the main ST forum, but it might get some better hits here. check it out

So heres teh deal. I can not get my firestorm started. Didn't wreck it (recently), and was running good last weekend. When I was running it last weekend, I ran 2-3 tanks through, and then ran it dry on the last. I filled it back up, started up just fine and ran good for about a 1/3 tank, it cut off after that and I figured I mine as well stop while I was ahead and before I broke anything (lol). I go to start it up today and nothing... made sure I had fresh batteries in my glow plug ignitor, made sure my glow plug was still good (pulled it out and put it in the ignitor, got red hot and was sizzling) made sure nothing was clogged in the fuel lines, and made sure the cylinder head was still moving up and down.

Was gonna take it down to my LHS but they closed early today so i'm gonna have to wait till tomorrow. Do you guys know what could be wrong with this? Or have any suggestions/ideas on how I could go about fixing this?

I appreciate all the help.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:52 PM
motorhead91

1. check to make sure the head is screwed down tight....
2. make sure there are no air leaks...
3. try replacing the plug
4. open up the idle a bit

you didnt change % did you?
Old 05-25-2008, 04:24 PM
machine-it

when that happened to me i ran out of fuel and when i tried to restart it woudnt.
i figured out the clutch spring had snapped which ment it would engage drive at the slightest rpm so when pulling it over on the starter it was trying to turn the drive train, to test this lift the rear of the ground and pull the starter if the wheels turn then thats your problem.

sometimes its the most unlikely thing that prevents it starting
Old 05-25-2008, 05:06 PM
maty b

hey people,

U know the link a couple of pages back, are those moabs ones that fit on the firestorm?
If they are then all i have to do is buy them and some rims, glue them and put them on my FS??
Do they have the right size hex and everything?
Old 05-25-2008, 06:49 PM
rclynx

if they are rims for the HPI they might fit [:-]........LOL.........BUT MOABS are a bit tall for an FS..........you need to do a whole lot of gear changing to make that work [&o]
Old 05-25-2008, 09:59 PM
yakfish

ORIGINAL: rclynx

if they are rims for the HPI they might fit [:-]........LOL.........BUT MOABS are a bit tall for an FS..........you need to do a whole lot of gear changing to make that work [&o]
these are abiut the cheapest wheels you can find that will fit the firestorm. and they don't look bad either.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRD73&P=7

Moabs are not at all too tall for the firestorm., and NO you DO NOT have to change any gearing once you put them on. they have much better traction than the stock tires so they don't spin as easy and with a good tune you WILL get WHEELIES with the stock gears. the stock gears are spur: 50T and clutch bell: 19T if you wanted more wheeies you could go to a 17T-18T clutch bell but you really don't need to. believe me I know. I have done this. with the moabs you will get about an extra half inch of ground clearance which will give a little better off road capability. Believe me, if you do get the moabs you will not be sorry! you will love them and will never even think about putting the stock wheels back on. take it from someone who KNOWS!!

on a side note the only reason why I am messing with the gearing on my storm is because with the new engine I have alot more power that I want to put to good use(i.e. top end). Not because the moabs are too big!
Old 05-25-2008, 10:19 PM
rclynx

Its not worth the time to explain it to you..................so have fun
Old 05-26-2008, 07:05 AM
maty b

thanks for the info, really appreciate it.

http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?partNo=2198&lang=en

These are front rims i bought for my truck the other day, and i am not sure how to fix them to the truck. Do they even fit?
I am confused becasue the stock wheels have a hex space, but these ones dont.

also the link for the rims you posted for me, are they front and back?

please reply cause i dunno what to do!

thanx

Old 05-26-2008, 12:46 PM
superb3rra

Hey, how much shall it smoke when it goes good, someone make a video?

/superb3rra
Old 05-26-2008, 05:25 PM
dviga001

well i got it. Clutch screw was broken.... go figure.

Tahnks for the help guys!
Old 05-27-2008, 10:23 AM
scobeh

can anybody help with removeing flywheel i need to send motor in for replacement
Old 05-27-2008, 10:46 AM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

Use a wide flat screwdriver, don't force it all at once, do it in small increments.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:57 AM
yakfish

ORIGINAL: brett65

Use a wide flat screwdriver, don't force it all at once, do it in small increments.
and work at it from all sides not just in one spot.you'll get it!
Old 05-27-2008, 02:50 PM
dviga001

what number clutch bell do you guys use?
Old 05-27-2008, 03:12 PM
yakfish

it all depends on what you want. with the stock engine and a good tune the stock 19 tooth clutch bell can get wheelies. if you want it to run a bit richer you could go down to the 17T cluch bell and still have good low end performance which is what most bashers are looking for. if you want more top speed I would suggest going to the 21T clutch bell. I used the 21T clutch bell with my stock engine and with a good tune I was having trouble getting wheelies with it. If I hit a bump just right it would pull the front end up but not too often. so it all depends on what you are looking for. For all out wheelies =17T CB for top end speed= 21T CB I'm currently running a RS4 43T spur gear with a 20T clutch bell which is geared more toward top speed but with the OS 18 CVR I'm still getting good wheelies!! man I love wheelies!! I've got a couple 41T spurs on the way so we'll see how that works out!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.