Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

For or against concourse

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 08:15 AM
crotolus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For or against concourse

Who likes concourse?I think its dumb and a waste of time.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:20 AM
MorganSS

Default RE: For or against concourse

I have no idea what your talking about...
Old 05-28-2008, 11:24 AM
viper463

I don't think it's a waste of time. I actually like seeing all the real nice paint jobs all at the same time. It only takes a little bit of time anyways and if you don't want to enter that gives you more time to work on your car.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:31 AM
oldschoolracer
Banned

What I hate are the disinterested types that consider a paintjob getting a single spray bomb and doing a single-color plain-jane paint job and consider it done, and the pompous ones that think that anyone that cares enough to take the time to do a really nice job to somehow not be worthy as RCers. There again that's just me, and I think people should be able to do as they please and waste their time as they see fit.
[8D]
Old 05-28-2008, 11:46 AM
cobra26

Concourse is almost a whole different aspect of the hobby. Some concourse guys are absolutely fanataical about the smallest detail, and I really enjoy what they turn out. It's not for everyone, and I personally don't have the patience, but for those who do, I have the highest respect and admiration for the works of art they create.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:05 PM
westphill24

so is it basically a car show? Ive never heard the term.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:17 PM
cobra26

"Concourse" in the context of cars means "immaculate and original in all aspects", so an R/C Concourse competition would in essence be a car show that would judge the entrants down to the finest details of the full-sized subject that was modeled.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:54 PM
MorganSS

can someone post some pictures of concourse cars?
Old 05-28-2008, 03:03 PM
oldschoolracer
Banned

I don't know what all the rambing is about.
But Best Paint Competitions typically referred in the RC world as "Concourse" is not a concourse competition in the true sense of the 1:1 car world, it's just a best paint competition. They used to be real popular, Autographics (decal company) used to sponsor most of them, and they still have concourse/best paint competitions at plenty of larger races.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Jerzferno

I think its a neat idea, but most guys at my track go above and beyond. Ill enter with a new body for our annual big race weekend. Thats the only time we do that. Then I RACE that body. Some guys bring out this awesome paint job. No scratches on it. Upgrade wheel covers. Fancy rims. You name it. But all that stuff gets taken off, wrapped up for the next time and never raced with. Plus the judges always SEEM to pick the same guys and always pick truggys. So its cool if its done right and fairly. But I havent seen it that way yet.