Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

*Official Sportwerks Turmoil Thread*

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

*Official Sportwerks Turmoil Thread*

Old 05-25-2008, 02:39 PM
99wolfsedition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *Official Sportwerks Turmoil Thread*

well i guess i'll start getting the upgrades and stocking up on parts so i can run it for some time.

i heard that the losi 8' uses alot of the same parts is this true, where do you guys find out about stuff like this anyway?
Old 05-25-2008, 05:42 PM
jusleanit

im a lil upset bout it also. my turmoil will be goin on ebay soon
Old 05-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Jamie22
My Feedback: (3)

Yea sum things are the same from the losi then sum things are way different
Old 05-26-2008, 12:31 PM
99wolfsedition

for those how have been running this car for some time what are some things to upgraded to make this thing last a while and what are some things to stock up on that there is no upgrade but break often?
Old 05-26-2008, 07:08 PM
westphill24

I finally got to the track today after breaking in my car. It was running great, still rich though, and dirt and rocks where flying everywhere. I was running it hard, banging into the tubing and tried to take a few jumps but 2 out of 10 actually landed right. Just as I started taking it around the whole track for the first time I noticed the front wheel going the opposite direction[]. Ive had badluck with my revo so I paniced and ran over, turns out I only lost the lock nut that holds turnbuckle on so it wasnt a big deal just the end of the day. Its funny because I checked all the screws except for those but I definitely will check them all over as soon as I get it cleaned up. Anyway I love this thing already, I hope they bring out an upgrade.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:07 PM
jusleanit

ORIGINAL: 99wolfsedition

for those how have been running this car for some time what are some things to upgraded to make this thing last a while and what are some things to stock up on that there is no upgrade but break often?
get the pro engine mount. by doing so youll need a starter box tho. and a-arms. ive broken many front uppers!
Old 05-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Nashport_Native
My Feedback: (1)

I bought mine an jan of this year (rtr), I have 10 gal on my roller (changed engine at 5 gal to a CEO powermods RB S7) I have raced the buggy every weekend but maybe 2 since I have bought it (raced indoors at www.crcrc.com) and now i am racing all over ohio and in w.v.

here are the things I have broken or swaped since the first tank of fuel

servo's
pro engine mount
5mm front shock tower
Dynamite 007 pipe, then switched to a JP-3
Futaba 3pm 2.4ghz Tx and rx
alum clutch shoes and 1.1 springs
Proline High down force wing
New body
tires
running med firm grey springs on both ends
5000wt oil in front diff
7000wt oil in center outdoors 10k indoors
1000wt in rear

I have broken 2 front upper and lower arms
one pillow ball stud
and 2 Rear Aluminum Inner Suspension Mounts (cast alum crap)
every thing else is stone stock as it came out of the box, down to the wheel bearing.

the cvds are about due for replacement and the rear trailing edge of the chassis is getting pretty wore
We now have 2 turmoil rtr's (wife races too) and another on the way just to have laying around (hard to pass up a 2 week old roller for a 100 bucks)
it has been a good buggy, but I am looking for another brand to try out (matrix fte pro is looking good)

anyway here is a pic of my turmoil at about 1 gal of fuel and at about 9 gal of fuel

Old 05-30-2008, 10:39 PM
youwish16

all i have broken are wing braces, a front lower a arm, a few rod ends, front shock tower, shaft end on a front shock and i dented and bent one of my headers. ive put it threw hell but most of the breaks are my fault like crashing without my wing on, getting 30 feet of air and landing wrong, running head on into some pipe on the track. its a really durable buggy, its ashame it was discontinued
Old 05-31-2008, 12:48 AM
fatkidjoey

whats up nashport long time no see man , i allso race at CRCRC , i just picked me up 1 more turmoil , hope to see you soon at the track
Old 05-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Jamie22

What tracks are you running in WV ?
Old 05-31-2008, 10:22 AM
Nashport_Native
My Feedback: (1)

hey joe, how you been? we should have our 3rd turmoil by next weekend. you should try to come out with steve and them to www.rrcrc.com this summer and race with us!

have ran in parkersburg, will be running in beckley and huntington in the next few months.
heading to marietta to race today under the lights (racing doesnt start untill 4pm! )

here is the series i am running, it has all the tracks names so you can get a look at them
http://ohioriverrc.webs.com/index.htm
Old 06-01-2008, 11:36 PM
keit29

Can you Ohio guys let me know when your racing at a track near central ohio? I live in Columbus and just picked up a new turmoil pro. I'd love to go run with other turmoil racers to set setup tips and advice! My email is [email protected], I'm also on the crcrc forum.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:41 PM
hammy2

hey,
i'm at the beach and [8D]ing(lucky me). the grass out front feels like someone put a bag of turf builder on every sq.in.(it's rrreeeaaalllyyy thick)and my buggy is havin lots of trouble in it. ive toyed around w/ the needles but it doesnt help[]. my uncle is coming tomorrow and i want it to work well for him( he does electric rc). pleez post me some tips
Old 06-02-2008, 07:39 PM
westphill24

Has anyone had a problem with the turmoil pro cooling head? I went to run my car and noticed that last time I put after run oil in I didnt tighten the plug down all the way. So I tightened it up and after a few runs I saw a couple of drops of liquid around the plug. I thought it was nothing to worry about until I went to check the temp again and I saw bubbling at the base of the plug. I turned it off backed out the plug and tried to put it back in but it seems like its going in on an angle. I changed the plug but might glow igniter died so I have to wait to see if just the plug may be bent. Anyway anyone heard of anything like this before.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:52 AM
tcblr

I had this happen once. It turned out to be the brass washer on my glow plug. It wasnt the same thickness all around causing a bad seal. The plug wasnt that old so I think it was deffective out of the package. I replaced the washer from an old plug and problem solved. If your plug is going in at an angle you may have cross threaded the plug... just a thought.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:41 PM
westphill24

whats cross threading?
Old 06-03-2008, 03:42 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

I have an in great shape mayhem roller if anybodys interested please pm...I will post in classifieds soon
Old 06-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Jamie22

Yea Ive been wanting to get up to parkersburg but havent made it. I race up at beckley
Old 06-04-2008, 08:57 AM
BMooch1

What parts from the Losi are interchangeable with the Turmoil Pro? Thx
Old 06-04-2008, 10:19 AM
howard369

ORIGINAL: westphill24

whats cross threading?
I agree with TCLBR. Your brass washer was probably not seated properly, or may even be bad (cracked/fractured). In any event, please the brass washer to eliminate the possibility. Secondly, cross threading is when you screw something in at an angle and the threads are not lining up properly. A crossed threaded screw, glow plug, etc. could eventually become striped if left or forced in....
Old 06-07-2008, 11:21 PM
mfd

Hey

Just getting back into RC after being out of it for a few years. I have been looking at buggies for a while and could not resist the price A-Main hobbies had on the Turmoil Pro ARR. Here are a few shots of the buggy. Have broken in the engine and tuned it on pavement so far. Waiting for the rain to stop to get on the track. Mainly stock except for the J-concepts wing, rims, and tires.

Thanks

Aaron
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34490.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	161.1 KB
ID:	966076   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51797.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	966077   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19010.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	966078  
Old 06-08-2008, 02:13 AM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

good buggy
Old 06-09-2008, 12:36 AM
itxploded

ORIGINAL: BMooch1

What parts from the Losi are interchangeable with the Turmoil Pro? Thx
ZERO
Old 06-09-2008, 08:15 AM
rican25

Hey all, I had my turmoil out this past weekend and was just practicing on the track and the thing is quickly becoming the RC I drive most.... I like it that much! I have a concern and that is that my rear diff was absolutely hot as H#!! when pulling in to refuel..... is this normal? the front wasnt so hot and the center you really cant tell because the engine is right there but the rear was just as hot maybe hotter than the center felt!! I just dont want keep running it like this if something is wrong. the buggy ran great, no wierd noises coming from there, pulled awesome in the loose stuff and out of turns it just that it was sooo hot. any help is appreciated thanks guys.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Jamie22

Are you sill running stock diff grease ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.