Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-maxx O.S. .18 cvr

Old 06-03-2008, 11:50 AM
cdextreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-maxx O.S. .18 cvr

I am getting quite annoyed trying to start the break in procedure. This is the first time for me breaking in an engine. I have the hs turned out 2 turns minus 30 degrees and it always wants to flood. I dont want to lean it out anymore because im afraid it wont get enough lube. When turning the hs out am I correct to assume that it is full turns and nt half turns?
Old 06-03-2008, 01:17 PM
racemaxx24

Default RE: T-maxx O.S. .18 cvr

Just loosen the plug. How much have u leaned it from stock break-in settings? When I got my 3.3, it always wanted to flood but I just loosend the plug and let the extra fuel come out. Tighten it when it starts though[8D]
Old 06-03-2008, 01:18 PM
NitroBobby

Default RE: T-maxx O.S. .18 cvr

i have found that it is sometimes necessary to lean out the HSN about 1/2 turn when first starting a new engine. if you don't, it will flood. as soon as it is started, you can go back to the richer break in setting. the 5 or 10 seconds that this takes won't destroy your engine. (if you are truly concerned, add a drop or 2 of after run oil or a very quick shot of wd-40 into the cylinder through the glow plug hole so there's some lube in it upon start up)

if you are referring to the needle settings (ex. 2 1/2), then yes, its 2 and one half full turns. when making adjustments for tuning, you shouldn't really be moving it (HSN) more than 1/8 of one turn at a time (~45 degrees). for the LSN, i never adjust more than 1/16 at a time (barley moves). the needles (especially the LSN) are quite sensitive. also, drive the car around after you change a setting. the changes aren't always immediate. change one at a time and keep in mind that the HSN effects the LSN, but not the other way around. so making the HSN richer also makes the LSN setting richer, but making the LSN richer has no effect on the HSN setting.

good luck.