Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Going to seperates

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Going to seperates

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 05:05 PM
acarter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to seperates

Well after hours of trouble I finally figured out that my 3 in 1 unit in my helimax axe cp is not compadable with my futaba 2.4ghz 6 channel system. So I've decided that I'll go seperates so I can use my system. This is my first electric aircraft, I just got out of having many many gas planes and still have the urge to fly something (that's why I bought the heli). I still kept a few things such as my accu cycle elite charger and of course my Futaba FASST system. I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible but still have a half decent heli that doesn't give me grief. Therefore I'm going to keep the motor (both brushed) just because I see no need to spend the extra money. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm going to have to get a gyro and esc (they need to work with my futaba 2.4ghz reciever) I know the stock 3 in 1 unit has some sort of throttle and pitch mixing thing in it (do I need something that does the same thing? Now like I said I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible so of course I've been looking at gyro's on ebay (new ones of course). There seems to be a lot of decent options before I spend $110 for futaba's cheapest one. One that I seems like it will work is the Imax gyro. [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/iMax-G192-Locked-Gyro-for-4-6CH-RC-helicopter_W0QQitemZ130231711984QQihZ003QQcategory Z34056QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]click here[/link] It says it will work for 4-6 channel heli's and it will work for gas or electric . Will it work for me? Please feel free to mention any other somewhat cheap gyro's that you think might work for my application. Now as far as the ESC goes I don't know where to start. I have no idea what kind of voltage I need and I would like the option to be able to use a lipo (I would be willing to purchase a lipo if it would work for lipo's and not nimh's) Please bear with me this is my first heli and my first electric setup. Any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated. Also I can solder pretty well if it helps.

Thanks,
Austin
Old 06-18-2008, 07:44 PM
acarter

Default RE: Going to seperates

I've been reading the the e-flight 3 in 1 works with spektrum radio's. Would it work with my futaba system, if so I can keep it simple and just buy a eflight 3 in 1. Thats really my only goal to be able to use my futaba reciever. I don't need the heading hold gyro or some sooped up motor.

Thanks again,
Austin
Old 06-21-2008, 06:05 PM
acarter

Common guys, somebody's gotta know something about this setup.[8D]

Thanks,
Austin
Old 06-23-2008, 02:41 PM
acarter

Well, I guess I have no choice but to sell it. I can't get any help anywhere on how to set it up how I want it so now it's for sale. It's an axe cp (the nimh version) it flies fine. It has quite a few spare parts with it.

The following spare parts were never opened:
-Carbon fiber tail boom
- (2) feathering shafts
-tail motor mount
-GWS motor with two props (the $10 one)
-blades
-tail blade

Other spare used or opened new parts:
-GWS motor (same one above, it was opened but never used)
-one blade grip (new)

$110 plus shipping, I though I could have fun with this, but I guess I was wrong. If someone is willing to help I would really appreciate it, otherwise it is for sale. If I can't sell it here, I'll probably list it on ebay.

Thanks,
Austin