Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

revo platinum upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 11:25 PM
buky221

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo platinum upgrades?

I gots me a 2008 revo 3.3 platinum edition.

IF I WAS to get upgrades even though it needs none...what should i get?
Old 06-20-2008, 11:44 PM
NitroVenom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: revo platinum upgrades?

New wheels and tires, maybe get a better set of wheel adapters. New servo's, send the motor out to get modded, Lithium pack, better pipe, maybe a diffrent motor, a fioroni clutch(or just a better one), some diffrent sets of clutch bells and spur gears, Re-mount the pipe hanger so its no-longer on the body mounts, RPM axle carriers, CVD's all around, a better wing, a diffrent body, a longer servo arm for the steering servo, ummm... Yea I'll come back if I can think of any more..
Old 06-20-2008, 11:47 PM
cmerritt

ORIGINAL: NitroVenom

New wheels and tires, maybe get a better set of wheel adapters. New servo's, send the motor out to get modded, Lithium pack, better pipe, maybe a diffrent motor, a fioroni clutch(or just a better one), some diffrent sets of clutch bells and spur gears, Re-mount the pipe hanger so its no-longer on the body mounts, RPM axle carriers, CVD's all around, a better wing, a diffrent body, a longer servo arm for the steering servo, ummm... Yea I'll come back if I can think of any more..
wow...

ya i'd agree with all that
Old 06-22-2008, 07:59 PM
socal450

I disagree,the PE is an awesome truck the way it is.You can certainly upgrade when you break something! The PE axle carriers are great,you wont be popping balls out like the old ones(lightweight),the pipe is fine,not too loud! Tim Roberts(Traxxas team racer)actually runs the blue pipe that is stock on the standard REVO!The tires actually hook up really well on my local tracks-hardpack,tacky-loamy burms,and dry dust.I will probably get Pro-line Crime-fighters when my tires go bald,only because they are cheaper!!The 3.3 motor is a proven winner and it is reliable...Traxxas did an awesome job on the body,it is extremely lightweight and aerodynamic,which conforms well to the fully-adjustable wing!!! Oh yea and it looks *****en (i sold my 2x heavier pro-line crowd pleazer bods to a couple of local bashers)...This truck is built for the TRACK,and i certainly keep up with the racing truggies with my STOCK PE-REVO.....
Old 06-23-2008, 04:54 PM
dewberryb

Who well does the header hold up to rear impacts to the wing and flexing the body mount into the pipe? I had this problem and had to change to a side pipe and header.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:58 PM
socal450

The PE header is now spring mounted for this reason!!!