Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club III

Old 06-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Loubud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club III

Lotech,
Just looked at your Gallery. Nice Decathelon. One day I'll have one. Tiger Moth is pretty cool also.

Sray,
The proper terminology is "Manly Man". But you need to be one to know that.

Fern,
I thought the words gay and lesbian were banned words.
I guess that northern Ca. gays do things a bit different than southern Ca. gays. But it might be the same in West Hollywood. No one but gays there.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:37 PM
nyflyer56

All this talk about Gays, and no one is flagging the posts. I wonder what would happen if you had the same conversation on DJ's thread.....
Old 06-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Loubud

Excellent point ya got there Phil. What say you go and give it a go?

Mark,
Email me your new email addy. If my email is wacky, do the PM thing. Thanks.
Oh, by the way. The ever Gracious Elaine is ignoring you till you shape up. 1st you go buy a cool new house. 2nd, you do it at the same time as the Fly In. and finally, 3rd. You aren't going to the Fly In.
Don't make me call you a Putz.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:03 PM
five-string

Lou, et al,

My new address is myfirstandlastnameatmchsidotcom

I gotta do the hard thing and go back north tomorrow for a few weeks now without family. I'm a big family guy. This part sucketh.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:07 PM
AJ1202

OK guys I got the vids DL and the first one totaly sux [:'(] only time plane is in frame was when on the ground before launch and then when landing, I was under it the whole time [:@]
The 2nd one was a bit better, out of frame some but it is a very short clip so I figured what the heck
Oh and in the second one I used 2 3S 2000 packs instead of the 2 3S 1000 ma packs I normaly use

Oh and the wildhawk is all fixed up, looks like crap now but it is functional just have to repair or replace the rx and it's good to go

so here's the vid [link]http://www.badiusownersclub.com/video/Hawkon4000.wmv[/link]
Old 06-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

hahahaha, i was reading about the current crop of hybrid cars and they use nimh bats hahahaha. then new gen is gonna use lithium ion. nimh hahahaha
Old 06-20-2008, 10:46 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Lou, whom banned them? The fella's that get their politics on? My only point was, and is, that most gay, or Family members just want to live their lives. The odds are very good we have Family lurkers. Would anyone care if someone wanted to play on the thread with us? I wouldn't. Anyone that wants to fly and give and get grief is good people.

In more important news, the bug is presently in pieces[][], I left my rates on high and ran out of airspeed about 4' above running out of air[X(]. That ended up breaking one of 2 weak points in the design. I are fixing it now.

Phil, if we had this conversation on any thread that Mod Ken was "monitoring" it would have been axed. The post I made that he deleted was addressed to the person that complained about the pic, and forced the Mod's hand. How that person was probably one of the malcontents that hangs out on the AMA threads, and doesn't want any change. Foam is bad, young flyers are bad, why isn't AMA catering to us guys that have been here forever and don't talk to us about declining memberships, why are the monies being spent on recruiting park fliers. I was substantially more politic than that. Next thing I know I have a PM from him stating that my post was "not moving the thread forward". The goal was to move past the first bit of content removal. Sorry, but that guy annoys me. I suspect he is one of the AMA thread posters.

Tim
Old 06-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Airbourne in Japan

tower are now saying the new multiplex parkmaster is gonna be $131 instead of over $150, so that's more interesting and i may get it.

i've never had much to do with gays, in fact i've only met a couple, one guy was at my first programming job which i got from being on a placement from a training course. he didn't like me because the other guy from the course who was in his department didn't get the job. other than that, when i lived in Sydney and Holland, i thought the gay pride parades were very entertaining. in Amsterdam, it was held on the canals and some of the boats taking part were outrageous !! but the Queen's day celebration (the real Queen Beautrix that is) was the best, everyone wearing orange, the Dutch national colour.

hey Lou, what are you going to tell mrs Sray ? that Sray's gay because of the rainbow tow rope ??? inquiring minds thing
Old 06-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Loubud

Doug,
I wasn't going to tell the Mrs. anything. She's just a real nice gal. I don't call over there all that much, just now and then.
The joke part of the post was I was going to call Mr. Sray, not Sray implying he wears the thong undies in that house. Tee hee.

Oh, about those nimh's in hybrids. I have stock in a company that has a contract with some car co.'s including Toyota and they make Lithium ions. The stock nosedived on me but it is a long term stock. It's now worth 2/3rds of what I paid. Hopefully it'll recover and go nuts when these nimh guys figure it out. Dunno. Time will tell.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Airbourne in Japan

my at6 Texan from HK turned up juat now and it looks really nice. already painted and with decal and control surfaces installed, just got to put the tailfeathers on and put the electrics in. it's even epo, so i'll use jb weld just to be sure. only minus is the bat bay isn't very long, more square, but i'm sure i can sort that out. should take an hour to do and i think i'll do it tomorrow. it's got a stick mount already installed, so i'll probably use a himax motor, although i could use a hacker. very nice for $50 + $30 shipping and here in only 4 days
Old 06-21-2008, 12:38 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Doug, your use of JB Weld just disturbs me. It comes from my auto repair days. JB Weld was a sign of trouble, and even if you never came across it, it was bad. I tore up the bug tonite, but the repairs seem good.

Tim
Old 06-21-2008, 01:38 AM
rcverse

Hey Tim if you still in the market for an EPP plane looks like GWS/ICON has come out with an AT-6 made of EPO like EPP... think its actually Elapor but can't find many details on it other than its white and NPS..... check it out ....
[link=http://www.caliberhobby.com/airplanekits.html#t6kits]AT-6[/link]

Hey AJ.... just caught the WH vid.. I take it the motor is the stock 380 brushed, and you just changed the batts.... along with the thrust angle..... any idea which way it changed, ....up or down??? mine appears to have a bit of up angle in the stock setup..... but for that matter I wasn't using the motor, I was just sloping...... but yeah, mine seems to have very little travel on the stabs .....which are pretty small surfaces to boot.... but compared to the AB and Skyhawk they're pretty proportional in size, to the WS.... but the WH is massive in wing area and that fuse compared to the AB or Skyhawk..... guess can either increase throws or inc. stab areas... looks like the servo arms are pretty short,

but also noticed my rudder travel is one sided!!! .... that could be a major factor, and the push rod drags on the back arm... not helping matters!!! And that off center travel fits as it did seem to be worse in right turn now that think about it....so centering the servo should help don't know it there is a centering screw on these cheapos, but looks like a little surgery in order....
Well no centering screw, but reset the bellcrank on the servo to help center the travel and looks pretty even at least.... should help.... also seeing the live hinges ripped on one side of the elev now, along with fuse cracked in front of tail.... all in all sounds like time for a tape job... just got a fresh supply of hockey tape for hinges... even got a roll of phat tape with smilies!!! Have this thing looking better than Ken's formosa in no time Smiles.......

Hey GG.... still haven't figured out quiet what the VTOL is coming too.... haven't seen the inspiration.... but Air and Space did a pretty good article on the Osprey, and think they said had to go to computer controls, FBW,..... to maintain attitude in transition.... and those props look pretty large diamwise.... about half a heli rotor....... but the jarhead pilots love em.... Maybe get on Smithstonian Air and Space web site and see if can find the article..... if not, I still got it buried here somewhere........

Well all this gay territory is bit exaggerated in my experience..... ever lived in Manhattan??? In fact I'd say it's pretty even spread, just gets more show on the west coast.... and my attitude is, the more gay guys, just the more straight women for me, sure worked in SF..... later
Old 06-21-2008, 02:39 AM
Airbourne in Japan

Tim, i've had these tubes of jb weld for a couple of years now and only used them a couple of times. one was a little job, i can't remember what, but on my t38 talon, which is epo, the wings and nose cone, which i'd epoxied on, came off. it seemed the epoxy didn't form a good bond. jb weld seem to work much better. as lots of these chinese quick builds come with glue, i guess i should use that for epo. actually that's a good idea, i can do that with the at6 texan tomorrow. interesting Jim that gws are now doing epo planes. however some of these new foams coming out i don't really like. as i said, my talon has been a problem (and only 1 flight so far) and now the nose is bent crooked instead of breaking off like a foamy. this also happened with my gp synapse (tiny d/f futuristic jet). that's made of aerocell. planes look nasty when that happens. elapore (multiplex) and z-foam (parkzone) are pretty good as is epp, although sometimes that can be a little soft
Old 06-21-2008, 04:23 AM
rcverse

Hey Tim ...sounds like Dougie just got one those EPO AT-6s..... have to have him fill ya in.... Looks like GWS has partnered with ICON on them....
also got an EPO e-glider, almost an Multi Easy Glider clone.....

And Lou who's the batt manf, Electro Energy... I been thinking investing in lithium commodities, or suppliers would be a good move about now.... already seeing Li ions in even the AA retail world, and once the hybrid/electrics take off should be a good place to be..... and with the market on the skids now might be about time to buy in some shares.... what ya think Dougie
Just went back to look see how Tesla's been doing, and even at 120K a pop now, they sold over 1000.... and the big guys are all marketing their plug in hybrids.....even saw a Prius with A123 logo on it.... yeah Lou just sit it out, sounds like a good place to be........

Tesla CEO states it cost about two cents a mile for the electricity, my Nissan is costing me about 16 cents a mile now... dang another 750000 miles and I coulda bought a Tesla!!!!..... well we may have to wait a bit on that........ later

Hey Dougie... I haven't tried any the foam mixes, just the EPP.... it seems pretty elastic and mostly just cracks and rips, ....haven't seen it deforming as such, have noticed there are diff densities of EPP out there..... was looking at a DLG with lower density wing for lower wt. and higher density for strength and stiffness...... also Windrider claimed to use a higher density molded versus machined EPP... though I think most parts are molded these days.....
Old 06-21-2008, 06:46 AM
AJ1202

Jim Im running a 2410-21 BL in the wild hawk, I had put more up thrust angle in it thinking like others I made BL I would need it, I had to lower it back to the stock amount of thrust

Hi Mark good to hear your getting things settled in, Take a plane with you, that will help keep your mind off being away,,,,,,, some,,,,,,, that is when you have a free min to fly
Hang in there buddy soon you will look back on this as just a memory

Today is a building day, nothing but planes,covering,connecting,soldering and planes
it's time to build the planes
Old 06-21-2008, 07:05 AM
tam popo

Doug - Multiplex recommend CA and kicker or Elapor foam. I used it in the EzCub build but gave up after the first bottle - its carp!!!! You can't see the glue and its too easy to get overspray with the kicker. Plus it stinks to high Heaven, open all winows etc or you start to see mad Dogs and Pink Elephants in the living room!!!![>:] Seen enough of them in one lifetime.
The new GWS models with the new foam - its basically Elapor but not quite as dense, but great foam.
Cars - wht the hell is a Tesla - is it what we call the Toyota Prius??

True story about electric cars: About 20 years ago a pal of my brother put together an electric car that would do 150 miles to a tank of petrol!! Explanation: He had the smallest car on the Planet (a Fiat 126), remove the petrol engine and installe a 240V electric motor to the drive gear turning the rear wheels. He strippe out the back seats and installed Fork Lift truck grade batteries for town use. BUT he also strapped a Honda generator to the outside of the trunk to provide 220V to the electric motor. So he used it round town on electric, when out of range he switched the Honda on and motored on (still electric powered) using the petrol as fuel for the Honda. His longest run was 350 miles. The motor never wore out but when the Honda needed repairs he hired one till his was fixed - brilliant Only 2 seats though.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:09 AM
Brewerpaul

Hi Guys I just posted this over on the Micro flight board, but maybe someone here can help out....thanks.

For some reason, my new Jetscream transmitter has totally pooped out. Even with new batteries the power light does not come on at all.
I have two other similar transmitters, both on 27Mhz (I assume the numbers past the decimal point don't matter, right?) and would think that I could use one of them to charge and fly the Jetscream, but I guess I'm thinking wrong... When I plug them in, neither of them switches to CHARGE mode. One of them has a switchable channel mod (courtesy of Ferndale), but that doesn't work either. Both of them work fine with their designated planes (Aero Ace and that Radio Shack Transformer "Jet" .
Any ideas?
Old 06-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Adam G
My Feedback: (17)

Speaking of the off topic stuff, my Twist thread just got basically shut down. Everyone bailed off of it. I have been posting on the thread for over 2 years. It is a lot like this one, but sticks closer to the topic of the Twist more often than not. The mod came on, said all posts are about the Twist and nothing but the Twist, deleted out a bunch of stuff, stayed on and kept deleting until everyone left. I wonder if that is a risk for us here. I suppose worst case we would just have to move to a no topic section like the clubhouse.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:20 AM
export!

Come on Adam - think about it.

As a mod (or anyone for that matter) would you really want to deal with a pissed off, vindictive Lou????

The thought gives me shudders.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Adam G
My Feedback: (17)

Good point. Lou, you awe and amaze us. OK, and maybe scare us a little bit. Oh yeah, and you definately make us laugh.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:17 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Paul, you are correct that that usually occurs when the batteries are around 1.3v. If the connector is not the problem, and it doesn't sound like it, I think you have a bad battery. One trick that sometimes works is to hook up the charge plug with the power on. I'll look around and see if I have any more batteries around.

I don't get the super strict mod thing. I thought the goal was to get people on these boards, get veiws, and use that to sell ad space. Chasing people away seems detrimental to this goal. RCG has the rep for being strict and that's why I chose RCU. RCG does have Beaverdom and the bug thread.

Tim
Old 06-21-2008, 09:44 AM
nyflyer56

Fern,
Good point. We wouldn't want any pilots of other persuasions to think we are anti anyone. We sometimes forget that we all know each other so well that it is taken for granted that we are just joking.
So for the record: Everyone is welcome here. ( with the exception of certain A-holes, Butt heads, and Conspiracy theorists) Join in and have fun. bring a quick wit and sense of humor, and all is well.

Jim,
My Windrider Mini Bee flying wing is molded epp, fairly dense and firm.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:53 AM
export!

I always thought I was a lesbian trapped in a man's body anyway. Glad to know I'm still part of the group
Old 06-21-2008, 12:30 PM
export!

Just made my HC Glacier Field order. Nice knowing you guys is the wife catches wind of this. I don't even think the door would save me.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Airbourne in Japan

weather not looking good for next flying day, monday, wind 10-20mph + rain. i was thinking a bungee launch jet day is due soon, so it's possible i may take them, but now is the rainy season for the next few weeks, so there's a higher probability of rain. have to see on the day.

hey Mark, congrats on the move, hope your couple of weeks away from the family doesn't drag by too much. i know what you meen, i've only ever spent a month away from my family when i had to go to Australia and it was a horrible trip and i missed them very much. hey, did you ever get that phoenix wing to fly ???

kyosho are bringing out a 1.4m w/s fw190. looks really nice, but i'm not gonna get it ...for a long time.

looks like the next 2 winters are gonna be busy building again. i just checked my build pile in my daughter's room, about 70 planes. i did 32 planes last winter, so if i figure on doing 35 this winter, i'm still gonna have plenty left to do. gonna build 5 eflight 300 watt 3d/ aerobats, plus the similar gp reactor, 2 wings, 2 tt warbird 300 watt speedsters, 10 1.2m aerobats / warbirds and 10 ducted fan jets, plus 1m pitts, super sporster, super chipmunk, lanier shock 3d flier and eflight sea fury. that will leave me with 10 1m 3d/ aerobats, 2 pylon racers, 5 bipes, 10 .46 glow conversions, gp siren hotliner and various assorted others for the following winter, plus any i pick up along the way. then there's another 30-40 planes in the loft, which have no build date scheduled. however i am going through about 25 planes a year for various reasons, so that's not an unrealistic build figure as regards storage etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.