Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

team losi 1/36 desert

Old 06-14-2008, 11:01 AM
nikosthegar00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default team losi 1/36 desert

hello,
is there anyone who has a losi desert 1/36 truck?
i am almost ready to buy one and i want your opinion.

i also want to say that i have just bought a 1/5 buggy from king motor.yes the baja clone
i want to say that it is not 100 % like hpi but it is fantastic
Old 06-14-2008, 11:27 AM
cmerritt

Default RE: team losi 1/36 desert

check out the losi micro t thread on the top of the forum page. it's a sticky. even though it says micro t is has info on the micro t/b/dt. i have the micro t and love it.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:48 PM
rawvoodoo

make sure to get a lipo and charger with it. Kinda slow outof the box but good for the kiddies I guess. Add a lipo , the bearing kit and perhaps a Atomic BB motor and you got a quick little package of fun.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:49 PM
dacaur

I had a micro t and it was fantasitc. I can only imagine the minco DT can only be better being longer... as fas as speed, it you run it only indoors or outdoors in tight quarters you will be more than happy with it. if you take it outside to a wide open place, you will be dissapointed

My advice would be to only get it if you have a nice indoor place to run it or have a couple friends that have them....
Old 06-22-2008, 01:43 PM
evan14221

theyre fun trucks, i jump it of a flight of stairs- no damage
Old 06-22-2008, 02:18 PM
maxxin2.5

i dont like playing with mine inside...
outside is the best...
big areas soo you can get wide open and hit that big jump...
not indide where you can only tap the throttle and get like a foot of air...
haha just my 2 cents...

and btw i have a microt and man they are fun and addicting...
bearings are a must...bb motor if yopu go lipo and aluminum i think helps.. i have all a arms aluminum the shock towers the knuckles and c hubs...
the only thing i dont like about aluminum is that you have to use new screws...they always fall out so i just used thestock ones and made new threads...
haha works fine now...
Old 06-25-2008, 08:36 PM
meatpuppet

I have a Micro Desert Truck and I'm glad to say that I love it. As far as speed goes, it's pretty fast for a 1:36 scale. After installing the ball bearing set and upgrading to a lipo, it's much faster. If you install the smallest included pinion with this setup, it will do wheelies. It's definitely a great little car and I would recommend to anyone looking for a 1/36 scale rc car. Just one piece of advice, don't go too crazy with the upgrades, it can end up costing twice or three times the price of the car itself.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:00 PM
micro guy

I just got a desert about 1 week ago. And i love it! It is a great little truck. I have a lipo in it and it screams. But it cuts out. I think it has to do with it over heating. It can be a big deal, and it cant. I got the bl system, but i decided it was not worth it to me. It cost over all to much $$. I am going to get a atomic bb moter though. Then im set. Hope this helps! micro guy
Old 06-26-2008, 05:10 AM
GAU-8

my wife bought one a few weeks ago to tease the cats and dogs with. stock battery SUCKS! ONLY 3-4 MINUTES run time, with largest (fastest) pinion installed from the 3 pinions that came with it.

everybody is out of stock with the BB motor, the lipo accessory also has a few minutes runtime... and i cant spend a lot of money on it yet, but i wanted it to go faster. so i installed my 1320 mah 7.4 LIPO from THUNDER POWER". i didnt even take out the stock battery..just placed the large lipo on top "deck", put velcro on the body/frame ...and let it hit the pavement. WELL over an hours runtime! but i think due to the truck carrying DOUBLE its body weight, and the addtional power, i can only do a few seconds full speed burst. most of the time its cruising around 4-6 mph, with the tiniest of throttle input. but hey, again OVER an hours worth of runtime extra weight makes the rear sag, so time to get some spring/shock upgrades.

I LOVE IT ! so does the wife, cats/dogs :P
Old 10-04-2008, 09:13 PM
LevelCarnivore1
My Feedback: (1)

they are just plain fun. you can beat the crap out of them with no damage like crashing down stairs haha. i got a blue one and i just ordered and installed 4 oil filled shocks alloy. next is alum shock mounts/post then lipo then brushless and then alum skids/a-arms/motor mount/gear mounts whatever... then a GRAPHITE CHASSIS!!! and chrome wheels haha
Old 10-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Stimey131
My Feedback: (5)

i just got my DT and added the bearings, lipo/with charger, atomic bb motor, aluminum blue motor mount, and threaded axles, but I haven't put them on yet. I wanted to know if there is a big difference between the GPM aluminum upgrades and some of the other brands out there (intgey or atomic mods) as the GPM aluminum parts seem to cheaper. Also do the micro -t aluminum hop ups fit the micro DT. I have seen some different front aluminum shock mounts and skid plate specific to the DT, but everything else seems to the same. I would just like to know for sure brfore I order stuff. That would suck to order a bunch of aluminum parts to find out they don't fit. I appreciate any input on these topics. thanks Michael
Old 10-13-2008, 02:55 AM
Desert RC

http://www.microtforum.com/forum/vie...t=1496&start=0

here is a link to a great website and a parts list for all the trucks. As far as the aluminum.....well if you like the bling they are great but best bang for the buck due to actual breakage stock parts are fine. I love aluminum so I am with you in the hunt for good stuff. Problems with lower brand parts for cheap
1. no screws included (you cant use you stock ones b/c they will break due to the parts not being pre-threaded...none that I know of are)
2. screws are cheap and they break the heads off when you tap the part...then your $3 saved by buying cheap parts is shot because you have to buy a replacement part
3. they may bend easier by design or inferior alum
4. if polished they may be dull like the TOYZ alum tranny I got.....which I also broke a screw off in when putting on the motor gaurd.
5. if you start blending parts especially with the front suspension...where the knuckle and arms meet ect, you can have fitment problems with low quality parts or have a very loose "sloppy" suspension and steering

well thats what I can think of but I am sure there are more cons out there. Point is spend the extra dollar or two on the better brands and save yourself the frustration and headache of trying to fix the above problems

My vote for aluminum parts is 3racing for sure as well as shocks. Plus the light blue looks sic. 3racing parts come with good screws with tight threads that are less prove to break. Only problem I can see is the blue shows scratches like on the arms really well.
2nd choice would be losi parts...ecept shocks they suck IMO
3rd choice would be atomic/Hot racing...its a tie

Unless you are building a show car like some of mine I would just run the crap out of it and get some fun upgrades as parts break.

Then let the bash fest begin!!! Its hard to break but do your best so you can upgrade.My $0.02 then again I am like addicted now and now have 3 Micros in different stages of building and upgrading, but they are all RTR. Now all I need is a buggy conversion for one, a baja, and a raminator and I will have all 5 of the ones I want. LOL. I LOVE THEM!!!!