Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

eflite 400

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 01:04 AM
timothy thompson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eflite 400

this flys almost as good as my $1200 trex se and you get a specktrum radio. its a nice machine im really having a blast with it. i put rex blades on and no differences so i think eflite cloned the rex a little. may interchangeable parts. learning basic aerobatics this is for you! radio is already programmed 3-d with heading hold gyro switch. what a difference with the hold on! more stable in forward flight and turns
Old 06-25-2008, 04:08 AM
hi2nr

Default RE: eflite 400

indeed its one heck of a machine for the price you pay!
Old 06-26-2008, 12:51 AM
polkchop

Yeah im thinking of buying one so I dont destroy my T-rex v2 any worse than I have already. So it flies pretty good though yall say? Also what kind of adjustments did you have to do to it to make fly it smoothly? Finally what kind of flight times do you get and what kind of 3d can you pull off with it?
Old 06-26-2008, 07:13 AM
xyster101

I bought one back in April, my first CP machine. It flew great out of the box, no adjustments. I have crashed it hard 4 times and did upgrade the stocks servos, each crash was stripping all the gears, although the Hitec65 gears also stripped until I put metal gears in.
It flies about 6 minutes, I have not hit the "soft" off yet, where the ESC drops the motor RPM so you can land and I went once for 7 minutes because I could not land due to a dog jumping at it.
3-D stuff, I am not good at it yet, but it will shoot up quick, roll, loop, bank, hover inverted, piros and the such. It is not as fast as a T-Rex due to the smaller motor size, but it is a lot lighter. The lighter heli does not handle wind well, anything over about 7mph it gets squirrelly. You can see video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njK-4DdLsuU
of my flying, or youtube search Blade 400, there are plenty of better 3D videos. I hit a chain link fence and it was about $50 in parts. Servo gears, frame, grips, feather/main shafts, tail shaft, rotors, flybar, skid, main gear and tail blades.