Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official HPI Hellfire Thread

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official HPI Hellfire Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 07:14 AM
Buzz01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Hellfire Thread

I have the Phaltline tyres to, great!! , after a few minutes they are stick to the tarmac.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:18 AM
windowlicker

Just this minute got my wheels and tyres!

Need gluing, but I put them on to see what they look like...

Old 06-25-2008, 10:21 AM
SioXiE

Great info on the Blast wheel, do they fit directly on the 23mm nut? these rims are killer, always wanted them on my X but now i want 'em for my Hellfire just for on road racing.

im also planning to buy these new LRP tires from Proline preferable both Crimefighters and Holeshot strictly for track use. Im playing at Leisure Hours RC Raceway in Illinois occasionally. Great off road track but tight clay track.

heres the link-> [link]http://www.leisurehoursraceway.com/[/link]

Nice pics of your Hellfire [sm=thumbup.gif], love the Carbon Deck. i searched for these on the web but found nothing. they sure help lighten the HF. i read them from your post that you bought them from SpeedTech?
Old 06-25-2008, 04:31 PM
windowlicker

Yeah, its a Speedtech, try RCBoyz on eBay, think they have just one or two left. If not, there is a place in the UK which I can give you a link to, not sure how much shipping is to the USA though.

The Speedtech is a thicker, stronger better quality carbon than others use, which means it should hold up to more abuse than component grade carbon.

The blast wheels are 17mm.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:29 PM
gtr

windowlicker, Nice car & on-road tire set.

Here is mine , i use the aggressors tyres for on-road.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:59 PM
SioXiE

Im drooling!!! [sm=tongue_smile.gif], these are all clean set-ups !!! Thanks for the all the info guys!!! been a great help, im still waiting for some stuff i ordered via Ebay, when it arrives ill post some pics.....
BTW when i opened the diff on my RTR the center had absolutely no oil left, maybe it got lost from the factory........ [:@]
Old 06-25-2008, 11:25 PM
stussman

They usually only have thick grease in the diffs from the factory, not oil.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:08 AM
windowlicker

They really should state in the manual that the grease is only there so you can put your own oil in. Running with a small amount of grease can't be good
Old 06-26-2008, 04:10 AM
windowlicker

Do the aggressors fit on the HPI dish wheels that come with Nubz on? Think I might get some agressors after my Nubz die, use them for bashing
Old 06-26-2008, 04:15 AM
gtr

ORIGINAL: windowlicker

Do the aggressors fit on the HPI dish wheels that come with Nubz on? Think I might get some agressors after my Nubz die, use them for bashing
Fit

Old 06-26-2008, 11:11 AM
windowlicker

Just had my Hellfire run away from me, despite having a fail safe and full batteries, slammed into my garage, ran up the side of it, in between my garage and my neighbors. Scuffed my new Blast wheels, bent my engine cooling head, and bent my rear left drive shaft.

no idea what caused it, dodge connections? Needless to say, I've stripped the radio out of it, and am looking on ebay for a Spektrum system. So annoyed... could have been worse I suppose...
Old 06-26-2008, 05:21 PM
kozzney

Hey everyone, I've been looking for a place to buy a Hellfire SS kit (with or without the K4.6 engine) for a while, do you guys know of any places that still sell them? I know the RTR is still for sale, but I really like building the kits a whole lot more. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-kozz
Old 06-26-2008, 05:31 PM
SioXiE

ORIGINAL: stussman

They usually only have thick grease in the diffs from the factory, not oil.
the new Hellfire RTRs come with diff oil already in with a 7000 - 15000 - 7000 combination from the factory. Its always my nature to check evrything before even beginning the break-in process and loctite all screws. The front and rears were ok though.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:38 PM
SioXiE

ORIGINAL: kozzney

Hey everyone, I've been looking for a place to buy a Hellfire SS kit (with or without the K4.6 engine) for a while, do you guys know of any places that still sell them? I know the RTR is still for sale, but I really like building the kits a whole lot more. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-kozz
i searched for it too including Ebay sadly no luck for me after months of looking with the price i really wanted, so i settled for the RTR version and upgrade most of the components to the SS specs via Ebay (RCboyz & HopMeUP). Saves me a lot than buying from my LHS.

The new RTRs now comes with Differential oil from the factory. no more grease!!! the stock setup are 7000 - 10000 - 7000. Good luck on your search!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 05:41 PM
SioXiE

Just had my Hellfire run away from me, despite having a fail safe and full batteries, slammed into my garage, ran up the side of it, in between my garage and my neighbors. Scuffed my new Blast wheels, bent my engine cooling head, and bent my rear left drive shaft.

no idea what caused it, dodge connections? Needless to say, I've stripped the radio out of it, and am looking on ebay for a Spektrum system. So annoyed... could have been worse I suppose...
ouch!! sori to hear about that windowlicker, were you still running the stock radio? the Futaba 3PM 2.4ghz im using are also good. Check them out....
Old 06-26-2008, 06:06 PM
stussman

I had a runaway yesterday 2. Luckily it was only going very slow. The problem was the battery connection had come lose from the receiver. When that happens failsafes wont work. A spring connected to your throttle servo horn to another spot close by should solve that. You have to get the tension just right so there is no strain on the servo but when the servo loses its power source the spring pulls the servo back to the closed position.
The best price i can find in Australia for an ss is like $525! A rip off!
The aggressor tyres last a long time for bashing Although my os28 did shread some holes in them running on the road! Some ca fixed the rips and they havent split again.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:10 PM
windowlicker

Ordered the spring, and waiting on a 2.4 system to come on ebay cheap.

Think it was something to do with the battery, connections to the receiver or something. Either way, I want to ditch AM and go 2.4Ghz, with a throttle spring and failsafe for extra safety!

I could have been alot worse, if it had broken my £50 carbon deck I would have been fuming...
Old 06-26-2008, 09:08 PM
SioXiE

Ordered the spring, and waiting on a 2.4 system to come on ebay cheap.

Think it was something to do with the battery, connections to the receiver or something. Either way, I want to ditch AM and go 2.4Ghz, with a throttle spring and failsafe for extra safety!

I could have been alot worse, if it had broken my £50 carbon deck I would have been fuming...
believe me, when you change from am to a 2.4ghz digital fm radio, there aint gonna be looking back... its that good!!! everything is just precise, its like your driving inside your rc. Tons on features and adjustment from steering speed to ABS braking.

Just make sure you follow the manual and set up your servos and linkages thoroughly.... plus the Futaba 3PM 2.4ghz already come with a failsafe in HRS mode (digital servos needed).

hope that helps....
Old 06-26-2008, 09:23 PM
SioXiE

can i replace my center, front or rear diff with the new ones from the Savage X 4.6?

btw these speedtech carbon deck are killers, even if they are costly i think they're worth it....

the cheapos from extreme racing and integy are nothing compared to it. Sadly theres none left from any sellers in Ebay. []

im still waiting for some mods stuff for my HF..... [8D]
Old 06-27-2008, 04:11 AM
windowlicker

I'm pretty impressed with the Hellfire's durability, my Firestorm would have crumpled in the same crash.

SioXie, try http://www.rchopups.co.uk/catSpeed-T...hHellfire.html they may post to the USA, they have the carbon steering rack too.

Anyone be able to buy a new Spektrum system and post it to the UK? They're so much cheaper in the US, but after customs charges, end up costing about the same!
Old 06-27-2008, 12:54 PM
SioXiE

thanks for the link windowlicker, hopefully i have enough money to save for that one..... the shipping is just too expensive... [:'(] ill try my luck on Ebay again.

i opted for the SS billet steering rack. My stuff just arrive and will be putting my baby this weekend. hopefully everything turns out fine. Cant wait till i fire her up. Ordered some shock boots from the Losi 8, will modify to fit the HF as well as some CVD boots from Associated buggy.

Any thoughts about the Savage X 4.6 diff? would they be a direct replacement for the stock ones without any mods?
Old 06-27-2008, 12:57 PM
SioXiE

GTR, how do you like the JP4?, heard a lot of good stuff about them.... in your oppinion, are they better than the JP3? its on my list for future mods....
Old 06-27-2008, 04:50 PM
windowlicker

the Alloy diff case fits, you need different bearings though, you need one 8x16x5 on one side, and one 10x16x5 bearing on the other side of the diff case. Not sure about the internal gears, but I'm guessing they are the same. And the outdrive cups I think are different. You're better off just getting the alloy diff case and bearings, and use original hellfire internal gears and outdrive cups.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:11 PM
gtr

no idea of the JP3. bcoz the JP4 is EFRA pipe , better for .28 engines , topend higher than the stock hpi pipe & little lower noise
Old 06-29-2008, 01:58 AM
SioXiE

thanks for the info windowlicker and gtr, all my upgrade parts just came in yesterday except fot the shock and cvd boots. im having a problem getting both axles on the each front and rear cvds as HPI decided to pour a lot of threadlock. i just cant get the pin out so i cant put the rear extra wide 23mm hex from the SS.... [:@]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.