Notices
RC On Road Nitro Cars Discuss all aspects of on-road nitro rc cars here

Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Doonagoowin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing

What is the best car for racing at the track? I might try to sell my RS4 and get a better suited car for track racing. Belt and shaft do not matter.
I'm not sure what the LHS carries because I don't know what a good racing car would be. For sure, they have RS4 and 18SS and NTC3.
However, just keep giving me ideas because I'm looking to get into racing soon.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:51 PM
NitroTherapist

Default RE: Racing

The most popular race-car brands are Serpent and Mugen Seiki. However track racing gets quite expensive. When you buy the car you are buying just the car. No engine, no radio, no servos. And the car alone is gonna cost at least $450 and a decent engine can be anywhere from $250 to $600.

If money isn't a problem then by all means go for it! I just wanna let you know what your getting into.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Doonagoowin

Yep, I've been looking around. Just decent racers like RS4 and NTC3 will still hold its own when set up properly though right?
Old 07-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Osirisf16

Those you listed are not exactly racers but bashers. Racers are the kyosho V-ONE series, Serpent 7## series, Mugen MTX series, also the Team Magic G4 series. Pick and choose. The Team Magic will hold better than those you listed and is not very expensive. Good luck [8D]
Old 07-01-2008, 12:46 AM
Doonagoowin

Oh my... how unlucky of me...
The only brand I have of track race is the Mugen... At 500 for the 1.10 chassis kit.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:55 AM
GYNAIKAS

Well you can race once you modify your current RS4. Depending on the track and your competitors you can get some good results once you work much on the suspenssion and weight balance of the car. In that case if your driving skills reach their limit you can easily win club races with an RS4. But for official events like the european EFRA and the Greek ELME for example you need specific cars with specific engines and regulations. In that case a V-one RRR EVO WC or X-ray NT1 would be the top choice. I race with my RS4 and I can help you modify it and set it properly for racing if you like.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:42 AM
Cypriot Boy

ok lets get serious. my opinion as a racer would be either a team magic g4+ or the xray nt1. check this cars out and then let us know which one you like.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:17 AM
GYNAIKAS

First let's wait for his reply. If he's interested in club racing then I can help him modify the RS4 and of course get a good result! Don't forget that I had seen modified RS4s winning club races even against R40s and G4s. I admit that when in the right hands the G4 can't be beaten by an RS4 on track, but I've smoked R40s and i can confirm it with videos once I get back at the track.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:09 PM
ziggy12345

You can pick up sencond hand stuff really cheap and you will get loads of spares and extras with it. There is a new Kyosho RRR kit coming out so people will be selling there old kits and upgrading. Also the Serpent 710 is a decent car but not the latest (720)

There is a 720 on ebay right now with enough spares to build another car

cheers
Old 07-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Doonagoowin

Sorry guys, none of those will do... No support parts for G4, only part for NT1 is 80 dollar bearing pack.
GYNAIKAS, mind posting/PMing some of those tips and tricks? I might need to go buy parts before being able to do it, but just shoot out ideas anyways.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:02 AM
GYNAIKAS

The cheapest way to make your RS4 competitive is to buy foams and new suspenssion springs. If you need to be faster get an exhaust system. Once you will be on track there's no need to change the gearing. Sway bars would help abit more. 50% of the car's performance is the camber, caster and toe adjustment. Also a racing fuel tank can prevent air leaks that lean your mixture too much during hot days. Get a racing air filter, paint a racing aerodynamic body and you're more than good for club racing. And If you need more modify the engine like I did or get a .18TZ.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:00 PM
slideyourride90

ORIGINAL: GYNAIKAS

The cheapest way to make your RS4 competitive is to buy foams and new suspenssion springs. If you need to be faster get an exhaust system. Once you will be on track there's no need to change the gearing. Sway bars would help abit more. 50% of the car's performance is the camber, caster and toe adjustment. Also a racing fuel tank can prevent air leaks that lean your mixture too much during hot days. Get a racing air filter, paint a racing aerodynamic body and you're more than good for club racing. And If you need more modify the engine like I did or get a .18TZ.
yup g got a good point dont be discouraged to go out there and race becuase you dont have a top dollar car we all started off wit bashers as our first car, to used to race my ntc3 at the track with a proper set up i was able to keep up wit a even beat faster more expensive cars ( 710 mtx-3) wit a entry level sirio .12 and a solid front the rest is all set up and practice theres no better mod to your car then practice and lots of it so race what you got and when you get more experinced go out and buy your race car.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:18 PM
GYNAIKAS

Thanks bro! I believe that a good driver can bring good results nomatter what car he drives.