Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Scott from Brillelli ?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 12:17 AM
outacntrl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Scott from Brillelli ?????

well said loopman !!!! i'm just gonna wait....cause it's gonna be worth it.. yesterday the big brown truck pulled in the drivway i was like sweet. could it be????NO.. it was some victoria secret stuff the wife ordered... [] dang
Old 07-09-2008, 12:55 AM
apriliamille
My Feedback: (1)

hi,

i would really hate to see a mob with pitch forks cause someone who enjoys making an awesome product stop.

hey all. we ordered mostly because of what reason. someone enjoys making a darned good product at a fair value for a small customer base who want top notch performance. this aint no run of the mill mass produced with flaws engine from over seas. if his engines sucked we would be flying DA, DL, ZDZ and 3W (along with the prices) (not sure if i can say those factory names or not in the content let me know if i cant and ill delete it)

we know what these machines can do and in researching and finding out what they can do we have seen and known about the wait that comes with it
Old 07-09-2008, 01:11 AM
jmohar

As for me now I can wait as it will be sometime before I get a real plane up in the air again. Apparently I am no longer as nimble as I once was and manged to break my ankle in two places while trying to skateboard. I am of the opinion that sometimes you just have to wait for a good thing. I can appreciate Scott having some major issues on different fronts, would still be nice if something was posted on the web site to let us know what is going on and when we can expect delivery. If it would help out a fellow flyer I can be pushed down the list a few notches as the flying on heavy meds thing is generally a bad idea.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:11 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

I have dealth with Scott in the past and he proved to be a real straight up person to deal with and have personally conveyed my best wishes to him on getting back on track at the soonest, but in this situation a few words to explain and possibly soothe would certaintly go a far way and be appreciated.

Karol
Old 07-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

I have relayed the suggestion of putting something on the site.

As far as making a public statement about what's going on it's not going to happen, it's not business related and everyone doesn't have to know what he is dealing with on a personal level. He is feeling better healthwise.. but another health related bomb has been dropped on his lap that is not directly related to his health... More will be known soon and then he will be able to start to get things back to normal.

All I can say is I have dealt with him for 4 years I he is as honest as they get.. he will make things right no matter what.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:27 PM
jmohar

Sorry I wasn't more clear about what ought to be posted... I was just suggesting that if there were part delivery issues or other things that were going on it would be nice to know that he is still going to deliver. By no means are his personal affairs subject to public disclosure.

I just wanted to see a message on the main page that is updated weekly maybe that would keep us informed as to time lines for delivery. This way a buyer can make an informed decision. I am currently not in a position that requires an engine right away, but I would like to know when I can expect to see my new toy. However in reading the groups and posts it appears that the "2 weeks minimum" for delivery was taken quite literally. I know that I was getting somewhat frustrated about not knowing what was happeing until I broke my ankle on July 4th. Usually it is better business to under promise and over deliver.

Not trying to get a fight started or anything. Just hoping the Scott and his web master can find a minute to update the page with a short message. It is kinda scary when you turn over a grip of money to someone and then don't hear anything directly from them or thier trustees.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:46 PM
ljones5000
My Feedback: (2)

I have two Brillelli engines and I have dealt with Scott several times. He is a good guy, the kind of person I like to do business with. He has always gone the extra mile for me. Everybody loves Scott, and rightly so.

Having said this, I would not buy a Brillelli engine at this time. It seems obvious that for whatever reason, Scott (and Mark) cannot deliver and I think anyone who places an order just adds to the problem for them. They cannot deliver!

I hear people saying they are willing to wait. Saying something like, "I'm willing to wait for the best", etc., etc., won't cut it. After you've waited for a few months having paid for an engine and can't even talk to someone, this wears very, very thin.

What I have read on this forum the past couple months so much reminds me of what I was reading earlier about BME: a real good person who is in over his head and cannot even respond to people who have sent money to him. It's a sad story but " same song, second verse".

I wish the best for Brillelli and hope they are able to recover in time. If you really need an engine, go someplace else and take some pressure off Brillelli.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:01 PM
mm

i have a 46gt, i'm happy with. I hope everything will be normal soon, scott is a great man ...

stephane
Old 07-09-2008, 07:31 PM
t_driver
My Feedback: (43)

This was`nt started to bash anyone i just cant get in touch with him and i really need to take to him..
Old 07-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Scott Ellingson
My Feedback: (146)

Hey guys. I am sorry about the phone situation. I am still answering it. I talk to 15-20 people a day. But I was still getting 20-30 voice mails on top of that. It was taking all my time trying to answer them all back. That is why I changed my message to send an email. T diver, I looked back through my emails and saw I did get one from you asking about what muffler comes with the 60. That is the only one I have recieved and I am sorry I missed it. I get 30-40 emails a day and do miss one once in a while.

Now for why I am as behind as I am. The major reason was health issues. Mainly I was diagnosed with Diabeties. I was very run down for a few months and them my vision started to get blurry. That is when I finally went to the doc and found out what was wrong. It took me a while to get back to "normal", but I am feeling pretty good now. The second reason is parts. It has been a battle trying to get all the parts I use here on time. First one thing goes out of stock, then it is somthing else. It has pretty much been Murphys law for me since about the 1st of the year. I will be happy when 08 is over Now on top of all of that, add a death in the family, and you have the reasons I am behind with building and repairs.

I have built over 3000 engines since I started doing this. I have no plans on stopping. I do enjoy it and dealing with people. There is no way I could surviv just building engines though. I tried for a while, but there is not enough money in it unless I raised my prices up to the lever of the big named companies. I am not going to do that. Also my engines are not Chinese, so they are not dirt cheap to make like those are. So I did go back to working full time again as well as the engine business. With a wife and 2 little girls, I had to do it.

Now for the remedy to the situation. Health wise I am doing well now so that should not be an issue. Now it is just a matter of getting caught up. This weekend I am taking all of the buy buttons off of my site. Now the only way to buy an engine will be to call or email first. I figure that way I can tell people how long it will take so they can decide if they want to wait or not. Once caught up I may just keep it that way so this does not happen again.

To all the customers waiting on engines. You WILL get your engine. I am not here to screw anyone out of anything. I do this because I enjoy it. I enjoy the hobby as well.

To customers waiting on repairs and crash damage. I will be working non stop all weekend to get them done and out of here on Monday. I should be able to get them all done. If not, the ones waiting the longest (Balsasteel) will be out for sure.

To all my past customer, I thank you very much for your support. I appreciate it very much.

Scott
Old 07-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Glad to see you back Scott!
Old 07-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Scott Ellingson
My Feedback: (146)

Thanks Joe,

I just wanted to say, anyone who has emailed me recently and not heard back, please email me again. Right now I have 530+ emails in my inbox. Most answered, but I know there are some mixed in there I did not so I am going to clean it out so I can manage it better.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:12 PM
outacntrl

530 e-mails good god!!!!!! i'd hit the delete all button 4-sure thats crazy.. i'm just glad ur ok man... the big brown truck might come soon ..it's lonley out here on the porch ... tim
Old 07-10-2008, 08:26 PM
mm

happy to see you again scott

stephane
Old 07-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Balsa Steel
My Feedback: (3)

You've built a good reputation of integrity Scott, getting screwed out of anything by you never even crossed my mind. But patience is a "vulture"! [sm=48_48.gif] Thanks for taking the time to update us. [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 07-10-2008, 08:43 PM
RR24

So Balsa Steel where do you fly at around there, i have been working around for the last 3 weeks, i am going to be on vacation for the next 2 weeks, but back down there after that, sure would like to watch some people fly, if i have the chance

Thanks Wes
Old 07-10-2008, 09:23 PM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice to see you back in action Scott, I will patiently wait until your back log is cleared before placing my order
Old 07-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Balsa Steel
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: RR24

So Balsa Steel where do you fly at around there, i have been working around for the last 3 weeks, i am going to be on vacation for the next 2 weeks, but back down there after that, sure would like to watch some people fly, if i have the chance

Thanks Wes
I live on an acreage, so I fly in my "back yard". PM me if you want me to hook you up with a flying field near where you're working, or you can fly here if you're near Piedmont.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:29 AM
airlyons

thanks for the update Scott. My engine should be there today or Monday. Im sure you'll figure out the problem in no time! [8D] I appreciated you're genuine sincere email as well as your update here. Can't wait to get it bolted back onto the edge and get it fired up!

Chris
Old 07-11-2008, 08:57 AM
tqcookie

I love you man!
Old 07-11-2008, 03:17 PM
xtraflyr
My Feedback: (11)

Yea guys,stick it out for these great motors. Scot has always helped me in the past. I now have a 26ssr,46gt. My dad also has a 26ssr.My friend and his dad have a 46gt and a 50cc. We all love these motors and have had no problems.

Glad your feeling better Scott..

Frank
Old 07-11-2008, 05:08 PM
sinchai

Well...I hope Scott does not try to kill him self working none stop... get some rest my friend... You just don't have the same energy level when you are diabetic. Moderation is the key... take care, Sinchai
Old 07-11-2008, 06:12 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you're back Scott.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott,

Glad to see things turning around for you dude. I've had my eye on another one of your 26cc gassers so as soon as the smoke clears and you get everything caught up I'm going to have to think hard about getting another one.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Uncas
My Feedback: (1)

I started reading this post and just wanted to say that I have always had good support from Scott.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.