Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Integy MSR6 Piggyback shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 04:42 PM
molsen3385
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integy MSR6 Piggyback shocks?

I just came across the Integu MSR6 piggyback shock set(4) for the revo 3.3 and I was wondering if these were a good quality for hard racing and bashing. I didn't know if these were more for show or what. I want a good quality shock thats gona hold up not just look good the truck. Any input on these shocks would be nice. I am gona install the tekno sway bar kit and also have 55 wt shock oil.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Soppy

Default RE: Integy MSR6 Piggyback shocks?

Stay away from Integry. Piggybacks are only useful on full size trucks because they keep the oil temps down but on RC trucks they don't do anything, merely looks. Stick with the Traxxas shocks. If you want to upgrade get the Teflon coated piston housings.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:31 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I agree with Soppy 100%, the stock Traxxas shocks will handle more abuse than the Integy ones. Integy has a pretty bad record with their parts that are supposed to be functional. First of all, Integy does not make anything at all; they are only a reseller of cheap chinese made RC stuff that are poor quality materially, designwise, and productionwise. The chinese contractor that Integy buys from uses some of the poorest grade of aluminum and steel, so the shafts of those shocks will be much more prone to bending, the slum shock bodies much more prones to developing leaks somewhere, and even thier geometric design might not stand up to what the stock Traxxas vehicles often stand up to and survive. I have seen many bent shocks, usually from bad crashes. What is more bothersome is that I have seen Integy shocks bend from much lighter forces.

Yes, they look pretty, but they are not meant for racing or bashing. You only put them on after you clean up your RC and you want to make it look good. They are not functional, they are decorative. Many RCU members here (including me) have tried at one time to use Integy parts for their RCs only to discover that the parts are poorly designed and are made of poor materials.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:24 PM
rgbintx
My Feedback: (7)

I personally have them on my Revo 3.3. They do look good. I haven't had any problems with my bashing. I do not race, but these have held up to a couple of 15 ft. flights. They did come on my truck when I bought it. I probably wouldn't have put them on after reading threads here.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:16 PM
jdiamond

I've got them on a tmaxx, and they seem to be a bit more "plush" than the stock shocks. The reservior may or may not do a whole heck of alot, but overall seem like decent shocks. I've jumped it quite a bit at a track with alot of big jumps, without any breakage. Couple of guys running tmaxx's there noted that mine seemed to handle much better in the bumpy areas than their stock trucks. The one issue I hear alot is that they leak. Mine did at first, but it turned out I didn't tighten them enough after assembly. Once I went back and tightened them, have had zero leakage.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:22 PM
mindwreck

got them on my truck too. handles bigblock beatings perfectly well. don't leak. plush and absorbs bumps very well.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:29 PM
molsen3385

Hmmmm very intersesting. I think im gona listen to mspeed. I've read alot of your post and it seems like you know whats up. I've heard alot of bad things about itntergy parts also was wondering if you could throw these shocks in the garbage like the rest of thier parts.lol I've upgraded my shock oil to 55wt. with stock shocks and springs gona upgrade springs. Whats good colors to run?
Old 06-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Soppy

I have heard gold up front and tan out back (I think) but it kinda depends on where and how you run.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:58 PM
bigbama1962

don't believe the the negative stuff about integey most people that bad mouth them haven't even tried their stuff i have them on my cen gst 7.7 which is one the heaviest trucks made
17 lbs and my jato one of the lightest trucks made never had any problems all my upgrades are itegey
Old 07-15-2008, 09:13 PM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too, like numerous other people, say definately stay away from integy stuff as well because its all garbage apparently....which is a good reminder for me to stay away from their stuff as well...
Old 07-15-2008, 09:53 PM
sloppyG

those shocks are poser junk

the reservoir on them is decorative and does not function in the same way at all that a real reservoir shock does

If someone gave me those shocks for free, I would destroy them before throwing them away to make sure they didn't somehow end up on some poor guy's truck somehow

decorative fake reservoir... what junk
Old 07-16-2008, 12:50 PM
molsen3385

haha glad i stayed away from. they def look nice but gather they r just for show trucks and some people wont even do that with them. I stayed with the stock shock just upgraded to alumn. rod ends and shock caps and shock towers with 50 wt shock oil and the blue stiffer springs that came with it in the back and I love it for Bashing. The guys at the local hobby store laughed at the way i got it sett up when i braught it down to see if they could get it shift but they gota rem they only race. I jump mine 15 20 ft in the air I need a beefy stiff suspension and I love it. Besides the dumbasses didnt do nothing im lines of even fixing my shift problem. They tried gettin me to buy a 150$ bumpbox haha
Old 07-19-2008, 09:40 PM
rgbintx
My Feedback: (7)

Once I fixed the leaks on mine with better o-rings, They are superb. I am running 50 wt oil in both front and rear. My Revo now sits 1 1/2 inch taller. I had to get wider wheels to keep it from wanting to flip over. Now it handles great, jumps and lands like nothing else. As for the reservoirs, they do hold a little more oil and offers a little more travel.