Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Down and probably out

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 05:07 PM
need2drag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Down and probably out

Well I got both my Monsoon and my Tornado running after being down for almost 2 months. After a week or so of a little on and off driving, I decided to invite my buddy over to go do some bashing. We got 1 tank through both cars, and then one of the shocks on the Tornado broke. Nothing too major. Got her fixed and back on the road. After about 1/4 of a tank we noticed it wasn't pushing with the rear wheels anymore. So we shut her down and found out the rear dogbone was missing, as well as the boot that it goes into on the rear diff. I also noticed that on the front tires only one of them was actually working. Not sure what the deal is there. So that one was down. I figured I would run one more tank through the Monsoon, and again about 1/4 of a tank and I loose all driving power. As I walk towards the car I noticed some parts laying on the ground. What could they be you ask? Well there were about 7 pieces of clutch shoes thrown all over the place around the car. As I inspected the clutch that was now broken into several pieces I noticed that the screw that holds it all in had once again broke inside the crankshaft. WOW!!!! What a fricken day. So in the end I have decided it is due time that I stop putting not only my money, but other people money into this hobby, because it is obviously not meant for me. I probably won't spend much time in the forums, as there really is no reason for me too. I have yet to decide what I am going to do with the cars, but I do know that a select few who have helped me in the past will get first dibs on any parts they want. It was nice while it lasted, but it is now time for me to spend my free time in another hobby. And for those that think I am "pissed' and just venting, well no I am not pissed nor am I venting. I just wanted to let everyone know of my misfortunes, yet again, and to inform anyone who cares, that I will no longer be around. I have introduced several other people into the world of Nitro RC and they plan to buy, and I have referred them to the forums as I feel there are a lot of great people with helpful tricks and hints in here. I hope everyone else has happy bashing, and continues to enjoy the hobby.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:57 PM
ugly duck

Default RE: Down and probably out

Yep, I've felt the frustration too and wondered if this hobby is for me. I'm sticking with it for now... What's most frustrating to me is that there's nowhere good in this town to go and bash - it's great for crawlers or for on-road bashing, and alright for a monster truck, but it's all either pavement, grass, or dusty silt mixed with big rocks.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:59 PM
need2drag

It is somewhat like that here. I have a nice open field I can go bash in, and the funny thing is that is where I seem to have the most problems with stuff breaking. So I know it is not because I am hitting things.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:31 PM
chevyderek72

man im really sorry to hear that. maybe one day you will pick up another rc and get back into the game. come on you got nitro in your blood now, you cant get off like that. i bet you will be back, sooner or later haha. but good luck with life if you arent back in, hopefully you can stop in once in a while.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:18 PM
need2drag

for sure I will swing in every once in a while. I think right now for me, this is the road I need to take though. I am sure some day down the road I will be back in it.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:41 AM
r\c justin

i totally felt the same way about, my volcanos, i couldn't run them half a tank before something messed up. Try the Lightning!! its the on road drifter.. love mine i bought it took it out of the box break it in and it been running every since not one problem out of it yet.. (knock on wood)..
Old 07-17-2008, 08:45 AM
need2drag

I can't try anything, funds are pretty well wiped out now. That is one of the main reasons for putting a stop to this. I have just spent entirely too much money and time.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:06 PM
need2drag

Ok, so I will be making a list of parts I am going to sell here in the next couple of days, so everyone keep an eye out for a sale thread with all my stuff in it. Prices will be fairly cheap too.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:12 PM
r\c justin

send me some pics of ur cars i just might by both of them!! together!
Old 07-18-2008, 09:17 PM
need2drag

I have to take some of the stuff off of them, and then I will do that. I am going to give some parts to some people that have givin me a bunch of stuff in the past, and then everything else will be up for grabs.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:21 PM
r\c justin

just email me at [email protected] i would really like to have a tornado haven't had one yet
Old 07-18-2008, 09:22 PM
need2drag

It isn't really a tornado anymore. That one will need all 3 diffs replaced too. The main is going to crap, and doesn't have the brakes on it, and the front and rear both are crap.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:33 PM
r\c justin

send me some pics soon and well work on a price on what u got!
Old 07-18-2008, 09:37 PM
need2drag

ok sounds good
Old 07-18-2008, 11:33 PM
warpaint

Why don't you sell all your redcat stuff and put that money into one quality vehicle. My buddy has a losi 8ight and that thing is tuff. It never breaks. I would say the money in redcat cars and parts, you could have already bought a nice ride. I too get pretty aggrivated when my redcats break and my buddys are still running. And yes, I do have mine for sale, I have no takers yet.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:21 AM
need2drag

we will see what happens. I have some other things I would like to do as well, so depending on what happens with these cars with depict what I do with the what I get.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:38 AM
jumpanddrop

ya dude, i only ever break parts on my hpi if i accualy hit somthing
Old 07-19-2008, 07:33 AM
r\c justin

start getting me prices and pictures!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 08:31 AM
need2drag

Easy killer. I have some other things to do first and then I will start getting that stuff.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:37 PM
need2drag

Ok, so the "probably out", is a "definitely out" now. I have gotten my medical bills for being out of work for the last month and I need to come up with some money quick. I have placed an ad in the classified section for all of my stuff. I will still visit the forums every now and again, and maybe someday down the road I will get back into the hobby.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:07 PM
chevyderek72

its sad to see you go, but you have more important stuff going on though. good luck with everything and i hope to see you back every once in a while
Old 08-15-2008, 05:50 PM
J24gordon

I would recommend when you get back in the hobby( because someday you will) buy something that isn't junk. I bought a monsoon had nothing but parts failures time and time again so I went with a better built truggy and wow what do you know I can actaully finish a race now instead of two laps. Not saying I don't break anything but it's definatly not as fragile as a monsoon.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:15 AM
Defmeq

Sorry for your bad luck guys but my Redcat doesn't break and I destroy everything I put it up against. I guess I could just be lucky but my buddies Losi has had a ton more problems than mine and it's slower to. By the way I kinda take a little offense when you call my Redcat junk. I'll admit its a cheaper brand but if you take good care of them and do regular maintanace they will run just fine. I got my Avalanche last summer and its still goin strong with the same motor. Servos fried immedialty but they don't put the junk ones in them anymore.

Defm
Old 08-16-2008, 07:15 AM
volcano-s30

call up moulder and scully from the X Files,sure theyll solve the mystery,LOL
Old 08-16-2008, 08:17 AM
J24gordon

ORIGINAL: Defmeq

Sorry for your bad luck guys but my Redcat doesn't break and I destroy everything I put it up against. I guess I could just be lucky but my buddies Losi has had a ton more problems than mine and it's slower to. By the way I kinda take a little offense when you call my Redcat junk. I'll admit its a cheaper brand but if you take good care of them and do regular maintanace they will run just fine. I got my Avalanche last summer and its still goin strong with the same motor. Servos fried immedialty but they don't put the junk ones in them anymore.

Defm
Just my opinion and it has nothing to do with maitenance it has to do with the product out of the box that's "junk" You do get what you pay for after all, hahahahhahaha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.