Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

T-Maxx 3.3 problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 12:05 AM
XxRustlinxX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx 3.3 problem

I have a T-Maxx and when I try to start it a large amount of fuel sprays out of the carburetor and exhaust. It's like a mist of fuel out of the carb and if I try to start it for too long when i turn over the car to the side the muffler leaks. I figured it was flooded so I took out the glow plug and cleared it out until not fuel sprayed out. When I put the glow plug back in and tried to start it again but the same thing happened. I'm not sure what's wrong but I was hoping someone on the forums would so if someone can help I would greatly appreciate the help. =)
Old 07-19-2008, 12:12 AM
burnsy86

Default RE: T-Maxx 3.3 problem

sounds like your truck is a little rich, try leaning it out a bit. i had the same problem and leaning it solved it
Old 07-19-2008, 12:15 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: burnsy86

sounds like your truck is a little rich, try leaning it out a bit. i had the same problem and leaning it solved it
+1. I agree with this definately. Leaning out the high speed needle should help to solve this little problem....
Old 07-19-2008, 12:17 AM
XxRustlinxX

I'm kind of new to tuning..do you mean the lsn or hsn?
and I think I've reset the carb setting to factory would it still be off bad enough to leak like that? []
Old 07-19-2008, 01:11 AM
Art91

Factory settings are rich so it normal for it to spay fuel out. Lean out the hsn maybe 1/8 of a turn clockwise, see how that works, if its still to rich turn it 1/8 again.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:22 AM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: XxRustlinxX

I'm kind of new to tuning..do you mean the lsn or hsn?
and I think I've reset the carb setting to factory would it still be off bad enough to leak like that? []
Lean out the high speed needle first, then IF it seems like its very boggy at lower rpms, and at idle, then lean out the low speed needle as well....
Old 07-19-2008, 01:41 AM
XxRustlinxX

Thanks for the help everyone it started and I can't wait until I go run it at the spillway this afternoon. =)
Old 07-19-2008, 03:48 AM
burnsy86

nice, im glad it worked
Old 07-19-2008, 11:26 AM
matts6887

glad to hear things are working out for ya now..
Old 07-19-2008, 02:14 PM
XxRustlinxX

I just got back from running the maxx and for some reason it wouldn't go very fast when i pressed the trigger..is this another tuning problem?
It would start up in less than 1 second but getting it to run like usual was a really big issue..
I set it at factory setting and put the hsn at about 3 turns from out and the lsn about 2 1/2 turns form out..did i do something wrong again?
Old 07-19-2008, 03:52 PM
beer=food
Banned

Now it sounds lean if its diein after a second or so on the throdle, when you tune, turn that screw 1/8th at a time, its looking like you have leaned it a touch to much, and if u r still running the engine in, when it was set rich, 1/8th of a turn to the lean side would have been spot on probably, take a little time and care, to understand what your doing when you tune, you may be prematurely damaging your engine, does it have LOTS of blue smoke when you got to WOT ?
Old 07-19-2008, 05:31 PM
XxRustlinxX

It has a decent amount of smoke I just tried adjusting it again and after about 8-10 minutes of running the temp is at around 210
Not sure if that is a good tune but it shifts when I give it half-throttle so I'm guessing it's not that bad even though I wish the low speed would kick in a little faster..but..high speed is great
Old 07-19-2008, 05:59 PM
matts6887

ORIGINAL: XxRustlinxX

It has a decent amount of smoke I just tried adjusting it again and after about 8-10 minutes of running the temp is at around 210
Not sure if that is a good tune but it shifts when I give it half-throttle so I'm guessing it's not that bad even though I wish the low speed would kick in a little faster..but..high speed is great
Well it sounds like u have it almost at the perfect settings point. If u want the low speed to kick in faster, u could try leaning it out a bit, but just DO NOT go too lean or u will overheat it due to lack of lubrication...if u try to lean it out a bit and it doesn't really do anything, I would go back to the settings u are at right now...
Old 07-19-2008, 06:31 PM
XxRustlinxX

Thanks for the tip matt I'm going outside right now and I'll post how it does =)
Old 07-19-2008, 07:50 PM
XxRustlinxX

Just got back from running my maxx and I couldn't be happier with it
Thanks for all of your help everyone!