Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

CEN piggyback shock's

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 01:30 AM
one-syk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN piggyback shock's

does anyone have a part # for the CEN piggyback shock's people are using on savage's?

they are a cheap alternative to the stock savage shock's, and it seems they hold up really well to bashing.

i just cant find a part #, or where to buy them.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:37 AM
Sparco

Default RE: CEN piggyback shock's

Im not sure about a part #, but ebay is your best bet.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:51 AM
one-syk

yeah, ive found a ton on ebay...im trying to get a part # so i can order them, and pay my LHS cost...which would be alot less than ebay cost's.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:19 AM
drivefastgto

Good luck with that...I'm pretty sure CEN doesn't sell assembled GST shocks separately, just the parts. That's why you only see them on Ebay, from trucks being parted out. And whatever "LHS cost" is on the parts, I can guarantee it'll still be a ton more than what they go for on Ebay, where you can easily get 4 shocks for $15.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:26 PM
Revomad1

ORIGINAL: drivefastgto

Good luck with that...I'm pretty sure CEN doesn't sell assembled GST shocks separately, just the parts. That's why you only see them on Ebay, from trucks being parted out. And whatever "LHS cost" is on the parts, I can guarantee it'll still be a ton more than what they go for on Ebay, where you can easily get 4 shocks for $15.
X2! You will have a hard time beating Ebay prices!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:09 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

i paid like 22 for all 4 of mine shipped. You won't beat that price. Suck it up and GO EBAY (coming from a former hobby shop employee that knows hobby shop pricing's perspective)

The chop shops ALWAYS are cheaper than buying the new-in-bag part, hobby shop cost and all.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:48 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, people that run hobby shops need to eat and pay the bills too ya know. You worked in a hobby shop, so you know how hard it is to make a livable profit. Scratch that if you worked in a Hobby Town or similar place because they don't qualify as a local hobby shop in my opinion-they're big box hobby shops with deep pockets.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:16 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: gravediggerracing

Hey, people that run hobby shops need to eat and pay the bills too ya know. You worked in a hobby shop, so you know how hard it is to make a livable profit. Scratch that if you worked in a Hobby Town or similar place because they don't qualify as a local hobby shop in my opinion-they're big box hobby shops with deep pockets.
oh, I totally understand. I'm not slamming hobby shops at all. I'd rather buy from a GOOD brick-and-mortar LHS than online.

But I'm also a CHEAPSKATE.

Trouble is...my two LHSs (not HobbyTowns) don't stock much in the way of Savage parts. the guy at one of them told me (when I was looking for a single-pad slipper 49t spur) "why'd you get rid of the dual slipper? All Savages have them now", and the other shop is pretty much electric indoor carpet only.

Both have good guys working there...but the previously mentioned one needs a Savage guy in the shop BADLY.