Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

this is all i think...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 07:05 AM
vladconnery
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: this is all i think...

To quote some song don't remember the name or the artist "IF THERE'S A CURE FOR THIS, i DON'T WANT IT"
Old 07-25-2008, 07:53 AM
rc rock

well i fell better about spending 725 on a buggy after hearing what crazy amounts of money you guys have into yours[:-]
Old 07-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Chopped02

When I got my first RC a few years ago, I bought an off brand monster truck just to bash around the back yard. I told a few of my friends that had trucks and buggies that they were insane for "wasting" extreme amounts of money for aftermarket race engines, high end servos and better radios for racing. Now, after having spent countless amounts of money on a truggy, 2 buggies, a revo, better radio systems, 4 race engines and servos, I understand the addiction now. All of my buds that I gave a hard time to, have turned it around on me and give me a hard time as often as possible. Thank God my wife is cool about all the money I spend on RC parts.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Safety Hawk
My Feedback: (6)

I think they have a term for that. It's called RC Acquisition Syndrome. And so far there is no known cure.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:41 AM
Townsley

ORIGINAL: TommyGun24

Me too. Im 25.

Safety Hawks right. There are worse addictions out there. Games are such a waste of time, sitting inside day and night in front of the playstation is NOT cool ! At least this gets you out and about to see places, meet people, for the young guys out there with parents giving you a hard time tell them that, and also tell the its educational because you learn mechanical skills !

i do both. except i usually race and run my rc's on the weekends, and i play ps3 or work on my cars on the weekday nights. its not like i play ps3 day and night lol. SOME games are a waste of time, but if u find a good game...cod4....then youw ould understand why its addicting.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:05 PM
bud09

i havnt played ps3 in 4 days. been thinkin to much on my buggy. i jus bought a hyper 21 8 port for it.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Tree1

Hi...my name is Tree...(pause)...and I'm addicted to R/C.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:01 PM
rccheech

ORIGINAL: rc rock

well i fell better about spending 725 on a buggy after hearing what crazy amounts of money you guys have into yours[:-]
Dude, 725 is just the begining.......Welcome to R.A.S. the incureable syndrome LOL. The only treatment is...buying more stuff!!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 07:08 PM
bud09

/\ so very tru man./\
Old 07-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Skillhouette

Well... I was addicted to R/C Cars about 6-7 Years ago... I quit them when i turned about 17 i think... Started driving and everything... Then about a year ago... I started playing World of Warcraft... The most addicting game in the REAL WORLD. It was all i did.... My fiance was getting pretty angry because thats all i did... So, I made a bargain with her... I decided to sell my $5000 Gaming laptop... An buy all the R/C stuff i wanted. Amazingly, World of Warcraft was so horrible to her that R/C is like heaven.. I am not even exaggerating... So.. Could be an idea for a few haha. I also have a 4 year old daughter that needed my time much more than World of Warcraft did... But seriously.. That game is so enthralling... If you want to get OUT of r/c thats an easy way to do it.. Haha
Old 07-26-2008, 10:41 AM
youwish16

i was kinda addicted to Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for about a year. its all i did, and r/c's kind of got me away from it plus its a dying game. i do play it sometimes but not like i used to
Old 07-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Furadi

ORIGINAL: rc rock

I spent roughly $800 in april just get STARTED this year. New buggy, new engine. Since then its gone up to about $3000.00 I sold my 360 and my snowboard to free up some cash too