Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

PRODUCT ALERT - STOP USING IMMEDIATELY

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

PRODUCT ALERT - STOP USING IMMEDIATELY

Old 07-10-2008, 11:43 AM
rc_nooby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PRODUCT ALERT - STOP USING IMMEDIATELY

i got a redcat shockwave last year. the receiver fried and then sent to much energy to the servos and messed them up would that count? so i had to buy a new reciever, steering servo ,and throttle servo. i now have a am radio and not using the radio that came with it. also i cant get to the website to see about the recall.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:39 PM
PoisonJello

ORIGINAL: PoisonJello

ORIGINAL: PoisonJello

well got mine sent out today by UPS cost $26 and that is not insured so i hope there isn't any problems, to have insurance it would have cost over $30 to ship (UPS prices are crazy, it was a small box and weighs almost nothing)
I hope there is no problems with customs getting the new one back
well I called UPS my new radio will be here on thursday but its going to cost me $20 and some odd cents for taxes and brokerage fees (i guess that is because of the $20 free product, I guess nothing is ever free) Fuel filter aluminum blue and Purple aluminum glow plug igniter (was suppost to be the blue igniter but oh well) so return for new radio and $20 free parts costing me $47..that really sucks

after this i definately won't be ordering anything from USA if they only use UPS ground, i was told by UPS there is always a brokerage fee if shipped by UPS ground from USA to Canada, funny how USPS never charges extra fees and usually cost less for shipping

Thankfully i can order parts from [link]http://www.vancouverhobbies.com/index.htm[/link] because the shipping from USA cost more then the part is worth then brokerage fees cost more then the shipping so a $20 part would cost about $55+ by the time it gets to my place, its a good thing i like my avalanche
well maybe radio is on backorder because i recieved the parts but no radio, my invoice said radio and parts shipped, i assumed that meant they are shipped together but maybe there not

the packing slip says AM radio, fuel filter, and glow igniter but parts came in a bubble package, radio won't fit so what happened to the am radio
if radio is shipped separate that is fine (as long as i don't have to pay another brokerage fee) but I only got one tracking number, unless radio isn't shippped by UPS
Old 07-10-2008, 03:59 PM
RCToysNh

The radio recall is for the FM Radios that came with the 1/8 Scale Line.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:09 PM
PoisonJello

ORIGINAL: RCToysNh

The radio recall is for the FM Radios that came with the 1/8 Scale Line.
yes i know, i got it from you with my Avalanche xp (digital fm remote and to my surprize it was a 3ch) i sent it back and in return i am suppost to receive the am radio and receiver with $20 credit, the invoice i received told me it was shipped with the $20 parts that i ordered with the credit but i haven't received the radio in the shipment only the parts
Old 07-29-2008, 12:41 AM
claol

REhi, where can i buy AM CRYSTAL for car and receiver.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:48 AM
Syclone354

Redcat team,
I received a package in the mail yesterday but its missing a couple parts. I sent back both radio sets from our Avalanche trucks. I received only one transmitter in the mail. It didnt even include a receiver. Help!
Old 07-30-2008, 10:18 PM
PoisonJello

ORIGINAL: claol

REhi, where can i buy AM CRYSTAL for car and receiver.
your radio should have the cyrstals with it, but at any hobby shop you can buy crystals
Old 07-30-2008, 10:27 PM
PoisonJello

ORIGINAL: Syclone354

Redcat team,
I received a package in the mail yesterday but its missing a couple parts. I sent back both radio sets from our Avalanche trucks. I received only one transmitter in the mail. It didnt even include a receiver. Help!
i guess i'm not the only that had problems (they forgot to ship my radio with order but they sent it out right away once i emailed them about it, i got the radio now with no battery cover it is missing so emailed redcat again, now they sent out the battery cover, it should be here soon)
I guess with so many radios to replace they are just having some issues but i'm sure they will make sure you get everything eventually

just make sure you email them with your invoice number and what the problem is or what is missing
Old 09-21-2008, 07:17 PM
ssrc30

The company seems to be doing alot of things for their clintele and is going in the right direction.

One thing I would like to know is why didn't Redcat go with the 2.4Ghz radio systems when they started out? I have always been an airplane kinda guy, I am only now going to be buying a Tornado S-30, and all my airplanes, of which I have 40+ planes and about 25 helicopters, are running on the Spektrum systems. AM/FM systems seem to be a thing of the past and I really think that Redcat should consider this option. I wouldn't hesitate to buy their product for a little more than it costs now if it had the 2.4 Ghz system in it.

Way to go Redcat.

Steve the noob.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:49 AM
tylervalentine

ssrc30: because one of redcats big things in a inexpensive but good way to get into the hobby. there are only like five models that could have the potential to race seriously. most of them are pretty much bashers (which are fantastic to me.) i have a lighting and my brother has a 4-tec, i hit a wall and break a arm i spend three dollars and its fixed. he hits a wall, spends twelve dollars and fusses about it all day.
they are cheap but pretty durable. they dont need to come with 2.4 Ghz to be as fun as they are.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:51 AM
tylervalentine

in no way did i mean that post to be insulting. just informational.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:03 PM
ssrc30

Yes, I agree with you. I am still a noob in the hobby as far as cars go and after reading more on the Redcat models I see where you are coming from.

Steve
Old 09-25-2008, 03:33 PM
tylervalentine

for your first nitro vehicle i would strongly suggest that you give redcat a try with the fact that its a good cheap way to enter the hobby. if you fall in love with it you could always go to traxxas, hpi, or whatever and get a better vehicle. if dont like it, you havent spent much money at all.

to me (i dont race seriously) the real only difference to me speed and just alittle handling (on-road).
Old 09-27-2008, 11:08 PM
ssrc30

Yes, I totally agree. Infact, i have already decided that I am gonna give it a go with the Tornado S-30.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:01 PM
chevyderek72

i would never buy a big name brand new. to me its not worth it. i have dealers localy so i can get parts pretty quick. if i found something for really cheap, then i might get it. but i love redcats, i just bought my 4th. two in a couple days. but i love them, the only difference i see in these and "big" brands is that they are known, and these are "looked at" like cheap chinese cars. They may not be total race cars, but they arent meant to be. redcat doesnt put HUGE amounts of money into redesigning and all that to make top level race cars. But they do compete though, ive heard of plenty of races where redcats race with big brands, and win too.So buy what you want, but i dont see the point in paying tons of money over the cost of a redcat for a name brand 1/10th. anyways ill quit ranting, but dont listen to people telling you to buy name brands, people buy these cars, break them because they dont know what they are doing, and blame it on the car. but buy one, ask questions and dont jump into things and you will be fine, there are tons of people here to help