Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-01-2008, 12:12 AM
gt_man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL Team Losi Micro-T thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright ive got it running. Only problem still really is trying to make the body fit on a little easier. I guess i need a wheelie bar. Pops wheelies way to easy with the medium size pinion.
Its wicked fast with that bigger motor. Only problem is at full speed it hits a bump and the thing wants to do backflips. One more question. Does anybody know if I should be doing anything with the programming card. I got the losi lipo and big losi motor
Old 08-01-2008, 12:17 AM
mikemcnair

program it for the lipo, and for reverse if you see fit. stay with normal braking IMO. as far as fitting the body, look a few post up (maybe a page back) and look at mine, i have a TON of **** going on under the hood, and no space issues.

also, i posted this in another forum, so i figured you brushless guys might like this. HUGE THANKS TO LBRC for his help!!!!!!

ok, i was in desperate need of a way to see this little bugger in the streets, during night and day, so i ordered the light kit from losi as it was ~ 11 bucks, and every other kit out there is ~ 30. the problem is, the light kit is for the factory 5 wire servo/rx/ESC setup. so, with some help from LBRC on RCUNIVERSE.com i cam up with this.....

the car in question is running a Spektrum Rx, and the Xcelorin 10250 BL, with a 2s 230 Mah Lipo. so i was concerned about overloading the lights and frying them (since i already did this once)

well, you need to put a resistor in to take the 5v output from the Rx down to 3v for the lights, and you are good to go. here is what i did....

here was the setup.......

here is what the losi light kit looks like......

notice it is 5 wires. well, 3 of the wires have a small amount of the voltage that goes to the servo, and one is a ground, and one is a signal.

when you cut the shrink wrap open, you find this......

it is a tiny PCB that just has the wires for the lights tapped into it. this we need to desolder....

once disconnected, you can discard or save the 5 wire jumper. i save everything, so i just threw it in the "electronics" box.....

then you will need to find an old servo plug, i happen to have a ton of them, so this was easy. it was a three wire plug just like all the others. you need to place a 100 ohm resistor inline with the RED wire as follows. the 100 ohm resistors are labeled with the following stripes...

brown, black, brown, gold

then, simply solder the resistor in between the extra plug and the light kit. like so....

BE SURE TO PUT HEAT SHRINK ON THE WIRES FIRST. then solder, then shrink the tubing.

then plug the lights in, and test them to be sure all of your connections are correct.

once you have confirmed proper operation with the lights, it is time to tidy up the harness, and mount them to the body.

i chose to heat shrink the part of the harness that will be the most susceptible to bending and potentially breaking. this is the part that will take the most abuse while taking the body off/on.

i also left a small section NOT heat shrunken, to allow some flex under this tiny body.

simply place the lights where you want them, and attach. i chose to poke holes in the front where the lights should go, and fed the fronts through. i placed the rear lights just under the rear for a need "low" effect. use your best judgment here, as they may be able to be smashed up on impact, so you will want to try to protect them as much as possible.

i used a got glue gun to attach the lights "permanently" (tough to see in the pic)

also, i ran a bead of glue along the body, in the rear, to allow more rigitiy and impact resistance.

then, install the body, turn it on, and ooogle at your good work.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Desert RC

Wow mike your car is really coming along...it looks really sweet!!!!! Plus I absolutely LOVE the light kit. I often get an itch to run at night and this is a really nice way of keeping track of our little rides. I fully enjoyed your concise and thorough write up. I will probably put it to use in the near future as I am sure many others will as well. When you and LBRC were chatting back and forth I have to be honest I was a bit lost myself put you really had some nice work turn out. LBRC you are a great asset to this thread I have to say. I am thankful you are here!! I really have enjoyed reading and learning from this site this past week. Great job guys on the collaboration effort!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 01:10 AM
Desert RC

I do have a question for anybody that may know the answer. I bought a set of losi threaded shocks, after rebuilding them and putting the o-rings in the right location i was pleased with the construction. Seems to be leak free so far. But upon installation it came quite apparent that the springs included in the set are not sufficient even in the least. No rebound whatsoever...not even with the springs cranked down.

So I need a set of springs and was wondering what set would fit these new shocks. I read somewhere that one guy ordered losi spring set and they did not fit. Anybody know of a spring set that is a direct fit so I don't have to waste money ordering the wrong ones.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:12 AM
klaze

Is the 10kv motor that much faster than the 8??

my local shop only stocks the 8
Old 08-01-2008, 02:26 AM
LBRC

That Kv actually stands for RPM per volt without a load, so at 4.8volts the 10250 is 1,500rpms per volt faster than the 8750. At 4.8v that’s 7,200 RPM faster and at 7.4v it’s 11,100 rpm faster. Another way to look at it is that it's approx. %17 faster without a load but since it also has more torque with a load that %17 is in reality as much as 25 percent faster.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:46 AM
mikemcnair

desert, thanks for the kind words. LBRC is indeed a huge asset, and brings much to this thread. i too am thankful!!!

as for the springs, one way you can increase the tension is to simply stretch them out. but you have to be careful since they are not a progressive spring, they could be over stretched easily.

my rule of thumb is to try to measure the lenght of the spring, then stretch it to double that. then, the spring will go back to it's (new) length once let go, which should yield a ~ 25% increase in standing length. this increase will translate into more tension on the spring once installed.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:47 AM
gt_man

Hey guys im still confused on what to do with this programming card for the brushless esc. What do i do. Put those little cap things over the ones that i dont want and then plug in all the wires. I just need a simple explanation.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:40 AM
mikemcnair

use the black caps on the one you DO want, plug it into the "TH" plug (3 wire plug coming from the ESC) make sure the orange wire is on the "P" and brown is on the "-", red of course on the "+".

turn on ESC (power up the car) the red light flashes for a milisecond. then, nothing for ~ 3 seconds. then, once the red light on the card is steady, turn off power to car. unplug card, plug ESC back into Rx, and power car back up.

lather, rinse, repeat.

(i would use "soft braking", "reverse yes", and "2s" if i were you, so put the black caps on those selections.)

also, FYI, there is an instruction manual included with the setup, you may want to read it :P
Old 08-01-2008, 06:48 PM
gt_man

Thanks. Yes i actually figured it out before this and i did read the instructions but there a little confusing to me. It doesnt really make it clear if you put the caps on the one you do or dont want. But i did figure it out. My car is super fast but pops wheelies like crazy. I set it up for the lipo, yes on reverse, and normal braking. Its kind of fun to slide it around, but I think your right mcnair I will probably change it to the soft braking and see how i like it. I think that will be a little better. Tonight im going to try and reorganize the wires and esc and reciever and maybe try to use the old esc cover still. Please let me know of any suggestions of how i should remount the brushless esc and reciever so that i can easily fit on my body.
After that I only have one more issues. The insane wheelies. I need to find a wheelie bar if anyone can suggest one or has one they like. They dont have any at my LHS. Has anybody made one yet themselves. Thanks Guys.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:52 PM
gt_man

One more thing guys. If anyone has found any good pictures of someone thats well fitted the losi brushless esc and reciever on a regular micro t for the body to fit can you post the link. Thanks
Old 08-01-2008, 11:09 PM
gt_man

Im still not sure what to do
Old 08-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Desert RC

Thanks for the suggestion mike. I tried to do this and I must of either overstretched or they are just really bad springs. Now I really need some new ones. If anyone know which spring set will fit the new threaded shocks I would love to order some. I was going to call horizon today but did not have the time. Oh well. I will just continue to run the stocks I just wish I didnt drop $25 on these things. If they had some stiffer springs the y would be good I think.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:51 AM
gt_man

man guys im really upset. My car ran good twice so far and i finally just resituated all the stuff to fit the body on and now the steering still works but when i pull the throttle in forward or reverseit just twitches and then stops. I just spent like a 100 dollars. I checked all the connectors and theyre the right way. I checked for anything in the gears and i reprogrammed the esc. Nothings fixing it.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:00 AM
KRO

Check the wires going into the motor , they are very delicate and sometimes pull out . Wiggle them and see if the motor starts running .

And call Horizon Hobbies , the replaced one of my motors that happend too .
Old 08-02-2008, 08:15 PM
madmax22

can any one post pics of thir micro dean on??? thanks guys!
Old 08-02-2008, 09:08 PM
twistus12
My Feedback: (2)

Hello all:
I have a desert truck that i have installed a toyz gearbox, lipo, and several atomic motors. I have recently swapped the toys gearbox out for a preassembled aftermarket gearbox (losi) and have the parts needed to rebuild the toys gearbox (again) just waiting on the shims. So here is the problem, after my temporary rebuild, my truck doesnt have nearly the same speeds it used to. Even with the stock motor it was faster. Its almost like the motor is using all its power just run then its hot as all get out. I think my lipo is dying but are the atomic motors just inconsistent in quality. I have had three and they dont seem to last long, but this one seems bad right out of the box. Is there any tests i can do to see if the motor is not perfroming? Also would a slightly untrue dogbone cause these problems?
Old 08-04-2008, 04:29 PM
gokartingbob455

hey guys i just got a micro t and it wont charge. i have put in new batteries in the charger and the red light wont turn on. please help. thanks
Old 08-05-2008, 07:04 AM
RCthingsrock

Hey guys I just got the lipo battery from hobby town and mine zooms. But man 45 buck!!! Next time I'm getting the aeronuts batteries!! Now I should be able to beat my friends tc truck in a race around the baseball diamond!
Old 08-05-2008, 10:27 AM
mikemcnair

gearbox issues : losen the screws that hold it together. they are likely too tight.

charging issues: if the light does not come on, check that you have the batteries in correctly.

LBRC: i am STILL having issues with my "running for 1/4 throttle, then dying" thing. even with the new ESC programming card.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:31 PM
flypig

Hi all.

Just did up my MDT, brushless, 3Racing this, and that. More on this later.

Seems some of you may be having the same problem I had. Thought my ESC was fried, bad motor cogging, and no runtime. I don't know how I missed this the first time, but after Horizion was good enough to send me a new brushless combo I discovered that I neglected to program my ESC to my radio, oops. That is what the little red button is for. The card does not do this.

Hope this helps someone, ENJOY!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:05 PM
gokartingbob455

what was the concept to having a charger that takes batteries?
Old 08-05-2008, 09:55 PM
mikemcnair

portability.

as for the Tx thing, the instructions clearly say to mate the Tx to the new ESC every time. i have done it ~ 10 times now and am still having the issue....

put the 3Racing trans in today, and shimmed it .1mm on each side. seems to run well. it is a little noisier than i expected.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:13 AM
mikemcnair

ok, just bit the bullet on the graphite chassis from 3 racing.

praise the lord for thetoyz.com!!!!!!!!!!! they rock!!!

once this is in, and i get my running issues solved, we should have one sick little truck on out hands.

oh, and someone asked what gearing to run on the BL setup, i am running a 14t pinion, and a 49t spur.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:45 PM
mikemcnair

Ok, the esc is officially crap. new one is on the way

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.