Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Powered Parachutes

Old 06-20-2007, 09:09 AM
13BT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Powered Parachutes

is there a source for replacement chutes for the sky surfer? Just in case mine gets too messed up in the future
Old 07-07-2007, 02:24 AM
SCMSteve

I have two chutes from troy at http://www.seabreezeparachutes.com the customer service cant be beat he test flys everyone and video tapes them and sends it to you before you ever get it. I havent found a better one yet. He has 3 sizes and a 2 year gaurantee.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:38 PM
neubs

I was going to buy one of the powered parachutes from airfiol aviation but I though to myself, " I can make one of those myself" so I started building and now I'am almost finished making my home made custom powered parachute! The parachute is 96 inches and I made it myself. I went down to the local fabric store and bought five yards of rip-stop nylon and started sewing. It took me about 10 to 15 hrs to make the "gondala" and about ten to make and sew the parachute.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:43 AM
nebg9

That sounds like a very good idea making your own parachute. I bought a sky surfer about 4 years ago and have been having a blast with it. However, now I have gotten to the point where I am bored with the stock setup and am in the process of upgrading it. So far, I have a park 370 3600kv brushless motor planning to make a custom geared system and a polyquest 3 cell 1200mah lipo. I'm replacing the receiver and esc, too, of course. But after coming along to your post I thought of the poor shape of my chute and am now interested in making my own. How do I go about doing that?
Old 07-16-2007, 06:32 AM
arab1012000

pls watch

Ruel ParaGlider:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67FD3geZ_4A
Old 07-16-2007, 06:35 AM
arab1012000

pls watch

Ruel ParaGlider:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67FD3geZ_4A
Old 10-03-2007, 09:37 PM
homeadeflyer

Hey edge you seem like you know a lot about RC parachutes. Could you use a NPW (http://members.shaw.ca/kiteman/NPW9b-4.0m.htm) as a wing? I know they used to be used as parachutes but would i be able to climb with a motor? Also I think it would make an interesting chute for you to try (very easy to make, i have a 5.5 meter kite that will pick me up)[X(]
Old 10-04-2007, 02:50 PM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, but I wish we knew alot more! We are in the test faze of designing a new Ultimate canopy to go along with our Ultimate diver. Alot of research and development, time and money. We spend 4 hours to sew a chute that doesn't meet our needs, thats dissappointing. As far as the kite for a parachute, not a good idea. The only thing they have in common is there looks from a distance. They are usually made of 2 differant materials, (not all ripstop is the same), they are usually strung up totally differant. Parachutes actuall use the airfoil to create lift, a kite catches wind to propell it up. I can lift myself off the ground with a bedsheet if the wind is right! That doesn't mean the kite will create any lift at all once put in the horizonal possition to be used as a parachute. I know the kite thing seems to be a good place to buy a cheap wing, but you are just creating a bunch of headaches for yourself if you think this will work. All this said is just my 5 years of experience and trial and error opinion. In no way have I tried evrything. I beleave we are on a good track though with this new chute we are making, due to the overwelming input I have taken in from many people in the hobby and in full scale chute design.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:54 AM
Fred 1969

I just purchased a used Airfoil Aviation's 1/3 scale powered parachute and have some questions I was hoping someone could answer. First I must say that the company that produces and sells these sucks they provide no help whatsoever, don't care to help you and are rude. First, I was hoping someone would have some close up pictures of the way the lines are setup on the trike and approx. servo positions at rest (neutral). Not really sure of proper radio setup. What is the best way to set up my computer radio to fly this? I can tell you I have flown it and it flies great once your in the air but then again it may fly better with it set up correctly, I don't know. What take off procedure should be used. I tried to takeoff like the real thing with the chute laid out behind it but the chute inflates and acts just like a break and stops foward progress. Can't get it to continue up over the trike. The only way I have been able to take off is by having two people run alongside and help the chute up over the trike. Once it is over the top the chute flies well. Any experiences with this unit that you could pass on would be great to hear. Very happy with it but there is no support anywhere that I can find.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Slammed

this is cool I did not know they had these
Old 10-01-2008, 07:15 PM
bry14661

hey Jman, how much did it cost you to turn this into a brushless setup? do you reccomend it or would i be better off buying one that doesnt need upgrading right away?
Old 11-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Shortbuss

I had a brainwave today. I was reading this thread the other day and realized I really want an RC PPC. I have a Firebird 2 that I have crashed way to many times, and a dual control lone kite. First I am not sure if the kite will work, I dont see why it wont. Second I am not sure in the Firebird 2 motor is powerfull enough. But it is a three channel, so I could have left, right and flare.

I have 80 real paragliding flights and almost 40 skydives, so I almost know what I am doing.

Any advice or tips?
Old 11-04-2008, 01:29 AM
Shortbuss

Damn I found a problem already. The servos arent going to be strong enough I dont think. And I am not sure if I can wire stronger servos into it. I want to make this thing out of existing junk I have lying around. I might try and construct a gondola and see how it free flys first. Then add the motor and controls.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:00 PM
KATANA260

Hello everyone.
I bought a model www.paramotoreskamicaze.com and I'm very happy.
Fly very well.
It's fantastic
Old 03-27-2009, 09:30 AM
rcflyby
My Feedback: (1)

I have an airfoil paraglider. What engine do you have on yours. Mine has a O.s. 46 fx. First make sure the line are not tangled and then hook it up. I lay the chute spread out on the runway with the open to the back of the paraglider. I give about half throttle or less till the chute fills with air and I can steer it. the I give her the onion and take off. If you would Like i will film it and post on youtube for you. I going flying this weekend and I love to fly mine and film with it. I also let other newbies fly it. Its a great training tool. I post on ofmy flight on youtube last night. Check it out.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:09 PM
KATANA260

I have OS46
Old 03-29-2009, 09:10 AM
BigTb17

edge pilot, I know it has been a long time since you posted, but I was just wondering if your powered parachutes/paragliders are available yet. My buddy and I saw them on display at the Toledo show and he has wanted one ever since. He actually just brought it up again the other day because with the show coming up again, he was hoping they would be available to purchase this year. Now I found this thread and was just wondering it they are available yet.

Edit: Went to your website and found them. Guess I should have spent a few seconds searching first. Thanks.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:16 PM
KATANA260

You can Buy it in www.paramotoresrc.com
Email: [email protected] to order.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Tcoltpilot

My brother just got his PPC from Seabreezeparachutes last Thrsday and is in the process of getting it all together. We are both in our early 50's. I gave him my Airtronics RD6000 to put in it as I no longer have a use for it. What a nice set up as I viewed the video of his PPC in action during its test flight by the company. Yes all chutes are tested before they are shipped even if it takes an extra day or two because of weather conditions. The web site is awsome and takes you through every stage of how the chutes are put together. I would have to say a very nice product with quality materials and personel workmanship. My brothers PPC can be viewed at the following link (http://www.seabreezeparachutes.com/2...82-6-28-09.wmv) that was videoed by the company before being shipped. He and I should be ready this weekend for the first flight. My brother has had a flight in a real PPC and enjoyed the experience. I am getting my brother involved with the RC aircraft side to include AMA and local clubs. I personnaly fly the Aeroworks Pitts Python with a DA-50 and smoke. What a plane. I have been into RC for about 35yrs. Hope this brings some insight into the PPC world.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45713.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	1231453   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92554.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1231454  
Old 09-22-2009, 03:05 PM
N5RMQ

I just got my Seabreeeze parachute and gondola. I am having a ball flying it, with no prior experience I took it out and had a very successful flight. I now have a Canon digital camera mounted on it and the videos are awesome. The customer support you get from Troy is not like any support you will find at anyother business today. He goes way beyond the term "customer support" His website is amazing you can spend days there looking and reading. Check it out you wont be sorry. Seabreeze Parachutes is THEPLACE for paraplanes, the product quality and support are phenomonal.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:30 AM
urs856

Katana
hi! i need your help to translate how much the electric version in usdollar pls.
do they have an english forms bec its hard to understand to register to their website. thank you.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Tcoltpilot

I have the Sea Breeze PPC and it flies great. I had it made in the American Flag and have done a lot of opening RC Airshow ceremonies with it. Just a great piece of work and made in good ole USA. It's worth the price as mine is the 82" chute. I have many folks ask where they can get one. The best thing is that each chute is test flown before shipping and you get a video of it to see your chute in action. I do touch and goes with it ROG, and really nice tight turns. I can even taxi it in without the use of nose wheel steering.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:16 PM
flyinjrc74
My Feedback: (157)

Not sure how to post pics on here but here is a link to my blog on my Airfoilz Powered Chute on RCGroups. I have since sold it and now working on a 120" SeaBreeze that will be powered with a 15cc RCGF gasoline engine swinging a 14" prop.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1550126

My Airfoilz flew well and I converted it from the way it was intended for a nitro .15 to a 1120kv outrunner turning a 10x7e APC prop. I had a blast with it and as usual it is time to go bigger!

There is a video online of a guy flying a 120" chute using a CCRC 26 gas engine. It flies well but to keep weight down and also to be able to mount a cam on it I will be using my 15cc gasser!
Old 05-28-2012, 05:03 PM
F1992
My Feedback: (4)

I made same models (~8) different design rc powered parachutes.
My friend is crezy about RC powered parachutes too.
We both jamp to connclusion, that according to fly parameters and anothers on first place - HIROBO parachute, the second place - sea breaze, three place - airfoil aviation, four- five places parachutes from France and ES.
I used sea breze 66" and ES.
ES has very specific design - central sells have hol on back side for stabilization!!
I will try soe sea breaze in fly.
I have sea breaze 66" (5-7 flies and ES 55" (new ) for sale.
If interesting give me to know
PS. Unfortunately my web site cannot display.
(I have ~ 20 photos...)
If interesting give me to know.
<[email protected]>
Old 05-28-2012, 08:28 PM
flyinjrc74
My Feedback: (157)

I am selling this 120" SeaBreeze I built! It flies awesome and runs on 32:1 gas oil mix! $750 Spektrum BNF or $700 RX ready! Anybody needs one with all of the hard work finished and one that will last see my ads. The engine is a 15cc RCGF Ei.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25884.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	1766862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20223.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	1766863   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di99923.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	132.0 KB