Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX7 versions

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 08:37 PM
RainmanX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX7 versions

I am a noob in RC, and have a blade cp pro. I have been considering a new radio setup from the posts on the e-flite helicopters forum and the desire to have exponential controls.

I don't have any planes, but would like to have the option to have one in the future (and more heli's).

So,

What's the difference between a heli radio, micro heli radio, a plane, and park flyer? It seems that spektrum has a reason for offering 4 different models (outside of the selection of servos).

Thanks!

RainmanX
Old 08-17-2008, 11:32 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX7 versions

The differences are Plane or Heli...

These differences involve some switch locations usually but the programming is fully capable in either version.

The difference between a Plane and Park flyer setup is the RX that come with the system. Again no programming changes just the RX.

If you notice Spektrum offers a very wide variety of RX's for different application. Some are for full sized 7channel and 9 channel models. However in some cases smaller models can take advantage of lighter smaller RX's where weight is a concern or where the model is not going to get far away. Another option is lots of different RX's based on the number of channels the RX has. Most people don't move the same RX from model to model. If they have 2-3 models flyable at the same time they usually have different RX's. Each RX can be tailored to the application.

A DX7 can only control 7 channels. But a 9channel RX can be used with the system. You just would not have access to the 8th or 9th channel.

So the decision to buy Heli or Plane version usually applies to you primary desire for a models. Sounds like you are into Heli. That same heli version will fly planes and have all the same programming for planes too.

The next decision is to decide what RX you want to purchase with the system. There are various options as you noted.

I hope this explains it and helps.

Troy Newman
Team JR
Old 08-18-2008, 08:15 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum DX7 versions

If you fly helis at all, get the heli version.