Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

Where to purchase a Weston Magnum?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

Where to purchase a Weston Magnum?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Bijan999
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to purchase a Weston Magnum?

Did a google search and came up with nothing. Who sells these and what is a good price for one? I remember a few years ago they came wit the Jett? engine/pipe. Are they still sold that way or kit only?

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2008, 03:11 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Default RE: Where to purchase a Weston Magnum?

As far as I know they were never sold with a Jett engine/pipe combo. They were sold as a West50VI and Weston pipe combo, or just airframe, but never a jett. They still show the magnum as available on weston's site
http://www.westonuk.co.uk/index_133.htm

I bought mine years ago from modellbau USA but they don't appear to show them anymore. I'd check with Alan at Weston though, he was always good to me!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:18 PM
cmircman
My Feedback: (10)

I cannot get westons website to come up right now but they do list a hobby shop out of florida as a distributer. They do not list it on the website but if you call them they can get it for you. I emailed them and the response was very slow that is why I suggest giving them a call.

Rich
Old 08-15-2008, 07:46 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They are not bein sold in the US anymore. You can order them from GB but it's expensive. Or you can find them here on RCU or fleabay. I have a one NIB and a fresh Nelson sitting in my shop waiting to be put together. I still have my original one I bought at Nall about 8 years ago that has hundreds of flights on it. It was a plane/ motor/ pipe combo.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:37 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bijan999

Did a google search and came up with nothing. Who sells these and what is a good price for one? I remember a few years ago they came wit the Jett? engine/pipe. Are they still sold that way or kit only?

Thanks!
If you want a fast plane that handles well and looks neat, the other option is a Quickie 500 with a cool covering scheme - they fly about as fast as any Magnum and also turn tightly and land more easily in comparison. And the Magnum color scheme sucks anyhow.

The West .50V1 is a killer engine if you can find one. Handles as easily as any good sport engine, but runs like a demon on the props it was designed to turn.

I am considering whether or not to sell my backup Magnum kit.. I'll decide in the next couple of days and let folks know. I thought it was cool and bought a spare, but I am still flying number one and it is getting routine.

MJD
Old 08-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Jetmutt
My Feedback: (3)

I saw a Magnum combo at Bobs Hobby Center in Orlando. Give them a call at 407-277-1248 and ask for steve.

This is their link:
http://www.bobshobbycenter.com/
Old 08-30-2008, 02:46 PM
mk1spitfire

Outstanding plane the magnum R, fantastic webra race tuned weston 50v1 with genesis tuned pipe. Massive adranalin rush.

Excellent service from wetonuk.