Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Need pics of 323/523 install

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 06:32 AM
gmcman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need pics of 323/523 install

With the EZ start in place, I assume the carb has to be flipped to make it work? Very tight fit for everything and where did you place the bellcrank? I believe I can get it between the pipe and the motor.

This is for the maxx.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:47 AM
gmcman

Default RE: Need pics of 323/523 install

No bother [8D] after a few hours I was able to get everything in place, will post pics later.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:48 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

im installing the rb323 on my revo too and since im starting from a roller i dont kno how is it set up..i used to have a nem bb conversion on mine and i never had a stock set up.can some pls post pix on how was linkage and the engine is installed?
Old 09-05-2008, 03:45 PM
gmcman

Ran a few tanks and all is good so far, no breakage yet. Started to lean the needles a tiny bit and so far the power is wicked, problem with trying to wheelie on pavement is it's spinning the tires at 1/2-3/4 throttle..have to nail it to snap the front up
Old 09-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Nighthawk z450

I ran the rb 323 in my tmaxx (it's now got a 2.5 in it, it's now my wifes truck lol) and i have a 523 in my revo.

One thing about these engines in the maxx is that you need a longer throttle link, the little short one that goes from the carb to the little pivot shaft, needs to be longer. The one I used was like 1/2"-3/4" longer then stock, this allowed the carb to be opened to full throttle properly.

And as far as the easy start, I didnt have to do anything to get it on, just make sure you put your header on first, you wont have enough room to get the header spring on that side on after the easy start is installed.

And for those of you that are putting one in the revo, I didnt have to mod anything, exsept I just had to slightly re-shape the wire that holds the pipe to the rear body mount. I ended up making a custom wire and mounting it to the hole on the right side, rather then the stock center.
I didnt have any problems getting the throttle to have the ability to open all the way, however, I am running an fm computer radio that allows me to ajust endpoints, im not sure the stock radio system would be able to be setup for proper full throttle operation.

other then that, it's all bolt in.

enjoy that power house!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Nighthawk z450

ORIGINAL: gmcman

Ran a few tanks and all is good so far, no breakage yet. Started to lean the needles a tiny bit and so far the power is wicked, problem with trying to wheelie on pavement is it's spinning the tires at 1/2-3/4 throttle..have to nail it to snap the front up

btw make sure you properly break that thing in before doing burnouts lol
Old 09-05-2008, 08:50 PM
jdeadman

You could also convert your linkages to direct piull instead and put an OFNA tank on it. Just that alone makes is that much bette a truck IMHO
Old 09-06-2008, 12:14 AM
gmcman

ORIGINAL: Nighthawk z450

ORIGINAL: gmcman

btw make sure you properly break that thing in before doing burnouts lol
Oh i'm tryin' [8D]

Definately taking it easy after the two idling tanks....have to blip it a few times here and there.

Here's a few pics with the linkage in place. I used a belcrank kit from my LHS but had to raise it with a M3x25 screw to get the throttle arm somewhat level, took many measurements to get it right and turned out great.

The linkage just clears the spur/ spur nut, EZ Start motor by just a few MM, took alot of patience.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:00 AM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: badboy2

im installing the rb323 on my revo too and since im starting from a roller i dont kno how is it set up..i used to have a nem bb conversion on mine and i never had a stock set up.can some pls post pix on how was linkage and the engine is installed?
Does the RB323 still come with a brass slide valve? I saw a T-Maxx version not too long ago with a brass slide valve. [X(]
Old 09-06-2008, 07:31 AM
gmcman

I know they did, but I don't know if they were upgraded, I have heard of people replacing with the 523 carb.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:55 PM
TMaxxDriver

those are some very good 'up close' pics... very nicely done by the way... congrats on the install... hope its workin out well for you...

(thats the same model maxx i have, but i have the 2.5r still, tryin to break it, to get Picco .26 Max Red Dot!!!) [8D]