Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter Beginners Forum
Reload this Page >

JR gyro sensitivity adjustment in XP6102. help needed

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

JR gyro sensitivity adjustment in XP6102. help needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 03:36 PM
adamrs80
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR gyro sensitivity adjustment in XP6102. help needed

I put my venture 30 in stunt mode and the tail is wanting to rotate. It's fine in hover or normal mode but I'm just not certain how to adjust it. Pretty sure it's the servo travel adjustment for the gear servo. Right now it's at +80 -60 for both modes and I'm just not sure where to go from here. It's the G500t gyro. The manual for the gyro says Hover Mode/High Rate 90% 75% and Stunt Mode/Low Rate 75% 0-65% . This is exactly hows it's shown in the manual. The heli flys fine in hover mode but it torques real hard and I don't think the tail would keep up if I lifted it off the ground. Does anybody have any pointers on how to adjust this gyro properly?
Old 09-13-2008, 07:54 PM
dooleyje

Default RE: JR gyro sensitivity adjustment in XP6102. help needed

ORIGINAL: adamrs80

I put my venture 30 in stunt mode and the tail is wanting to rotate. It's fine in hover or normal mode but I'm just not certain how to adjust it. Pretty sure it's the servo travel adjustment for the gear servo. Right now it's at +80 -60 for both modes and I'm just not sure where to go from here. It's the G500t gyro. The manual for the gyro says Hover Mode/High Rate 90% 75% and Stunt Mode/Low Rate 75% 0-65% . This is exactly hows it's shown in the manual. The heli flys fine in hover mode but it torques real hard and I don't think the tail would keep up if I lifted it off the ground. Does anybody have any pointers on how to adjust this gyro properly?
Most people will use the gear channel to switch the gyro from Tail lock to normal mode (not normal mode as in normal hover)and not use the flight mode to change gyro settings. The thinking is to have the tail lock or heading hold on at all times. Take the flt mode out and only use a single mode. You may need to reverse the gears switch achieve tail lock or heading hold. Under 50% will be rate mode or normal mode of the gyro. Make sure there is no subtrim or trim and also remove REVO mixing. The 6102 has it mixed in and you will need to Ihibit it.
Jim
Old 09-14-2008, 11:18 PM
adamrs80

I'm not sure if I have enough channels. I have a 6 channel. The upper left switch is the gyro/flight mode channel and the right switch is being used at throttle hold.

I did a little hovering today and then set it down and switched it into stunt mode. The heli slowly spinned in circles. I figuered it would in the beginning when the engine was winding up but it did not stop. Am I correct in thinking this is not a gyro sensitivity issue but that I need to trim the rudder? I really want to get this all figured out. I can fly just fine in normal mode and I've spent tons of time on real flight. The idle up mode is giving me trouble though, both the with gyro and just transitioning into it. Should I be hovering first and then flip the switch to stunt? If so it seems like the heli is going to plummet pretty quick depending on where my pitch stick is when I switch. Is this just something to get used to or should I be taking off in stunt mode to avoid this?

I don't have any revo mixing.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:43 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Can't promise it will help but take a look at http://www.raptortechnique.com he's got setup info on a number of popular radios and gyros. All helis pretty much work the same way so most of the information is universal.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:01 AM
adamrs80

Yeah, I have looked around there a bit. The amount of information is a bit daunting. They don't have a gyro setup with the XP6102 and JR G500t though.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Skarn

Do NOT use regular trim on the rudder channel when using a HH gyro!

Your 6 channel radio is fine. When you set up your radio, set GEAR > gyro and use the gyro sense menu. (this is one method...as doolye points out you can also use gear endpoints, but I prefer gyro sense).

Then in all modes, set gain the same....above 50 for HH mode....that will keep you in HH mode no matter if you are in normal mode or ST 1.

I don't know much about the G500t gyro however so sorry I can't be more helpful. But again make sure you don't have any trim set in ST1 either.....

Good luck,
Skarn
Old 09-15-2008, 10:28 PM
adamrs80

I'm going to have to spend some time with my radio and see if I can get it figured out. I'll read through the raptor technique pages and see if I can get a better understanding of my gyro setup within my radio.

Is the slow spinning on the ground when it's in idle up mode normal, or is that an indication that I need to increase the gain.