Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Kangke Rearwin Speedster

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Kangke Rearwin Speedster

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Jet Ranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kangke Rearwin Speedster

Does it fly's wel with a zenoah 45(elektronic egnition)? Is this a fine engine?
Old 09-18-2008, 11:47 AM
Jet Ranger

Nobody?
Old 09-18-2008, 01:40 PM
fredmcl2

Sorry, Jet Ranger, not familiar with the G-45. in general terms, I am told by the old-timers at my field that Zenoah engines are some of the best and most reliable, though heavy.
My Rearwin has a G-38 and I have a Carden with a G-62. Both have magnito ignition, not the electronic ignition modification, so I am not familiar with that motor or modification.

The G-45 should be fine for power in the Kangke Rearwin, if that helps.

Fred
Old 09-19-2008, 09:18 AM
lever02

The g-38 would be best if you're gonna buy an engine for the speedster, but if you already have the 45, go for it.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:03 PM
flying_phil
My Feedback: (4)

Hey Guys,

Has anyone used other than gas engines to fly the Rearwin Sportster?

Thanks,

Phil
Old 11-27-2008, 01:12 PM
MarvinE255
My Feedback: (10)

Moki 2.10, flies great.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:44 AM
flying_phil

Thanks for the quick reply DOC.

I'm about to start building mine as a winter project using an Enya 1.20. Any building tips? How did you find the entire package...wood, hardware, fit, covering etc. Mine looks great..bought it at Toledo last year and had them ship it since they didn't have one to sell. It arrive two days after I arrived home.

Thanks,

Phil
Old 11-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Brian Smith
My Feedback: (117)

Just to show no two fellows are alike. and not to dispute or argue:: I assembled one with a G38 and was very happy. It was one of my most fun models I have ever had since getting into bigger gas models. Went together well and flew wonderful. I had a number of models and foolishly sold it and been sorry ever since. My 2 cents. Brian Smith Tullahoma TN

ORIGINAL: 4000686798

Hello,
I bought a Kangke Rearwin and in my opinion it's not worth what they are asking $459.00 + $50.00 shipping. I bought mine at Chief for $429.00 including shipping, it's still not worth it! Save your money. The paint used on the fiberglass is very hard, the paint cracks and chips off very easy. Kangke did send me a new cowl to fix the cracked chiped paint, but the new one is starting to crack now. They did not send new wheel pants even though they suffer from the same problem and I asked for them to be replaced. The windshield dose not fit and is total crap I don't know why they even supply one. The servo hatches are small and some standard servos will not fit, I think they designed it around Hitech servos only. My Futuba 3010's didn't fit without making new stand offs, which required cutting the supplied stand offs off. The tail wheel assembly and main tires are junk they should have left them out of the kit and charged less. My fuselage is twisted out of square about 1/8" at the tail post, making it hard to align the tail. After following the manual, centering, squaring the tail by the instructions and after the glue set I test fit the wings and measured from the trailing edge of the wing to the trailing edge of the horizontal, it is out about 1/4 of an inch. So I guess the wing is not square with the fuselage. Over all I am very disapointed, either this was Lemon or Kangke is not that great after all. I bought mine after reading the reviews and post by others. No one mentioned any problems and it sounded like a good ARF. I post this in hopes to reach those considering this plane like I was. I would not buy this ARF again.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:54 AM
lever02

ORIGINAL: Brian Smith

Just to show no two fellows are alike. and not to dispute or argue:: I assembled one with a G38 and was very happy. It was one of my most fun models I have ever had since getting into bigger gas models. Went together well and flew wonderful. I had a number of models and foolishly sold it and been sorry ever since. My 2 cents. Brian Smith Tullahoma TN

AMEN, I am just putting the finishing touches on a set of floats for mine, way too much fun. Also entertaining the thought of buying another just to have a spare!
Old 11-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Brian Smith

There is one with a Quadra 50 on it for sale here on RCU classifieds. It is all I can do to resist trying to buy it. Brian
ORIGINAL: lever02

ORIGINAL: Brian Smith

AMEN, I am just putting the finishing touches on a set of floats for mine, way too much fun. Also entertaining the thought of buying another just to have a spare!
Old 11-29-2008, 10:59 AM
flying_phil

Hi Brian,

As I read your post along with lever02's I guess you are talking about the 1/4 scale version based on the size of engines you are putting in it. I'm looking for any information about the 1/5 scale version. Do you have any information on the 1/5 version?

Thanks,

Phil
Old 11-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Brian Smith

Hi Phil
Sorry I don't. Brian

ORIGINAL: flying_phil

Hi Brian,

As I read your post along with lever02's I guess you are talking about the 1/4 scale version based on the size of engines you are putting in it. I'm looking for any information about the 1/5 scale version. Do you have any information on the 1/5 version?

Thanks,

Phil
Old 11-29-2008, 09:59 PM
lever02

nope....[] But will give it a look though. And it looks like a small gasser would do, zenoah g26 maybe? It's a nice looking aircraft, read the instruction manual on the website. They tried several engines, including a 40cc gasser.