Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

ESKY LAMA 4 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 12:46 AM
zielon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESKY LAMA 4 THREAD

I just bought the lama v4 today. It does come with a simulator xD but you gotta find the file online to match the model that you have. I just placed an order at dealextreme for some items. we'll see how that goes
Old 09-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Wackyperson12

Yea, I could tell you. The place I ordered from is called Helicopter Heaven. Ever heard of it?
Old 09-26-2008, 04:37 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Wackyperson12

Yea, I could tell you. The place I ordered from is called Helicopter Heaven. Ever heard of it?
No I never heard of them.

I know one thing their polices go against US law as they say you can return items with in 15 days and the law states any internet purchases can be returned with in 30 days for any reason. They all so say 20% restocking fee which is all so illegal as the Federal Trade Commission says a FULL refund excluding shipping.

I did a BBB search on them but found nothing. Do to experience I do extensive research on line before I buy from a shop on line. I did not find a whole lot on there polices which is a red flag when I am checking out a site. They do list there address which some do not and if a on line store does not list and address I will not deal with them.

There are some helicopter stores here in the states that do not stock items and have them sent direct from China to the buyer. Not say these people do but being they do not have many polices listed you never know.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Wackyperson12

Hey, guess what I just got my heli!. But guess what it is. A COLCO LAMA v4. What in the world is going on here!! I ordered a Esky lama v4 because that was a great package deal, but instead, I got this. And they did not even give me the whole thing. It says on the box: contents charger, adapter, assembled heli etc. But I did not get the charger or adapter. This is driving me crazy! Any Ideas?[&o]
Old 10-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

wackyperson12,
you need to contact the people you bought it from.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:27 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I am sorry to hear that but sounds like they are another place I am going to put on my do not buy from list. Yes I would contact them and see what they say. Keep us posted.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:44 PM
USHobbySupply

Sorry to hear that. With the shipping time, it seems that they are in the US. Let us know how the contact goes.

Michael
Old 10-21-2008, 06:46 PM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

Hi Im new to this whole Heli thing, I got a Axe v3 for my Bday but I dont know how to fly it so I ordered a Lama v4 from RCmart on sunday so I should get it tomorrow, I order from them all the time and it usually takes 3 days, hopefully I can get this flying
Old 10-21-2008, 07:15 PM
zorecati

I have a lama, and if you intend to fly anything else, get a fixed pitch like the honey bee fixed pitch. It was the key to learning how to fly all my other collective pitch heli's. I use the term fly loosly but I'm not crashing anymore.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:57 AM
gasrc

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

The Lama is as far as I can tell, the cheapest coxial heli out, but you get what you pay for. I have two now and I have had small problems with both of them out of the box. I did not have this probem with my two Blade CX and CX2 helis.

I bought 2 Lama V4s. Other than some tuning they were great out of the box. One ended up having a loose clevis on the inner shaft, but that just gave me an excuse to buy one with an aluminum cap which keeps the fly bar on during a mishap. The blade get damaged if you look at them wrong. Replace them with a $4 set of Axe EZ blades and its more durable and flies better that stock. Get a longer servo horn, and forward and backward flight is faster. I've flown the CX2 as well. I like both. The CX2 blades don't pivot, so they are more likely to break. The CX2 is just not worth twice the price of a Lama V4.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:34 AM
Wheelnut

gasrc, amen to that. I owned a CX2 and still have a CX converted with the 2.4 ghz from Lama and I have one Lama CoComanche.
I like the lama's just as much, actually better because they are cheaper
It goes back to the old saying; "Everything is better when it's free", well the Lama isn't free, but it's closer
Old 11-06-2008, 07:46 AM
AlanRC

Hi

I'm new to a RC helicopters so I bought myself a Lama 4. I must say it's been a rather grave disappointment. It seems it can not even handle a few minor accidents before breaking a 'servo' I think the term is. I've had to replace 2 and now it's not 15 minutes of flying and another one has gone as it seems it wants to go constantly backward. After I took it back after the second one broke the shop owner commented on how very sensitive the machine was. Another problem is when I switch the remote off the Lama 4 every now and again goes crazy almost at full throttle for a few seconds. Surely that is not supposed to happen. I'm at wits end with this machine now. I can't afford to replace parts every hour of flying along with a minor accident or two. Perhaps there is something wrong with the machine itself that is causing these failures. Anybody have an answer. In layman's terms if you don't mind

Thanks
Old 11-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Wheelnut

You said the heli spins up the prop when you turn off the radio?? You are supposed to disconnect the battery from the heli before you turn off the radio. You are getting some radio interference to your heli when it looses the signal when you turn off the radio and that will cause your heli to do stuff by itself.
As far as crashing and breaking parts, it is very normal for a heli to break something when you crash. You must have crashed pretty hard to break the servo. I have crashed my Lama 4 and never broke a servo.
The smart thing to do is when you break something such as a servo, replace it with a better one. There are plenty of Quality micro servos out on the market.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:29 AM
AlanRC

As for the crashing they weren't heavy crashes. In fact nothing more than falling over after rather heavy landings. I've had only 2 crashes that could be considered heavy both times the machine was fine afterwards. Perhaps I'm not getting quality servos. I changed the rotorblades and it made a big improvement. So that's what I'll do if in fact a servo has gone again

Thanks
Old 11-07-2008, 04:53 AM
AlanRC

Yeah the servo has gone again after a minor crash. I'm amazed landing and falling over with this machine after not lifting more than 30cm does such serious damage. Oddly enough it's the right side servo every time.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Wheelnut

What seems strange, has a very good reason for being. You may discover the reason soon. Or it may be as simple as you just replaced a faulty servo with another faulty servo. Get some good servos and your troubles with servos will be gone.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:09 PM
shenlonco

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Ok my new Lv4 flys great but one problem i noticed if i go in farward flight the heli flys crooked to the left alwaysand don't fly in a straight line i always have to push farward and to the right to get it to go straight...It's anoying....
Can anyone help me out...Anyone know how to fix this?
Old 11-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Wheelnut

Does she hover with out this side ways movement?
Old 11-08-2008, 11:52 PM
shenlonco

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi yes she hovers great...somebody told me all coax 2 blade helies fly to the left?
I don't think so my MCX don't....
Old 11-12-2008, 10:09 AM
GLMnet

Interesting one, I really don't understand how CoAxials helis work, I mean, when you push forward the Swash-Plate actually tilts forward-right (Lama V4 here) and when you push right the swash plate tilts back right.
Not the same behavior in the HoneyBee CP2 though.
I don't know if mine does that (going to the left or right) when flying forward, as I am a newb yet, but will look closely this behavior.
Anyway, that behavior of the swash plate tilting not to where the heli should go depends of the mechanics of the rest of the rotor head, so I guess it must be ok.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Wheelnut

I just had an idea. The forward and sideways movement is on the same stick right? There may be a problem in the stick or radio and maybe not the heli.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:31 PM
GLMnet

Right stick moves the only two servos in Lama V4.
right sitck up/down moves left servo, right stick left right, moves right servo. Left stick doesn't move any servos. It will be easy to know if radio is bad
Old 11-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Wheelnut

Exactly my point, thanks.
I am saying that if he moves the stick forward and the heli is going forward as well as sideways, then it could just as easily be the radio. I had a Lama V4 radio that would cause my heli to go from going slightly down to almost full speed up with just one click of the throttle stick. This sets a precidence that the radio's can have problems.
It takes me back to the days of that old crappy Futaba radio that came with a lot of different RTR models such as the Aquacraft Profisherman. This could just as easily be a bad run of radios.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:15 PM
The Collector1

I have a Lama v4 and I for the life of me can not get this thing off the ground,it wants to go backwards and to the right then when I try to correct it it goes backwards and left, Im a new to the heli thing only a month in, I can get my Axe v3 to hover so I cant tell you whats wrong
Old 11-12-2008, 05:45 PM
1morecrash

sounds like you need to adjust your swashplate,
looking at the back of the heli turn on radio, then conect batt.
see where the servo arms are, they should be straight or close to it
look at the swashplate it should be straight, if it isnt try using the trims to get it straigt
check batt. and try moving it as close to
the front as you can.
if it is still going back, remove the linkage going from the left servo to the swashplate and turn it
left a bit a time till it lifts off straigt, (your moving the swashplate forward a bit]
if still going to the right do the same with the other linkage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.