Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

FLM Stampede A-Arms turnbuckles???

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 09:16 PM
RCJesse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLM Stampede A-Arms turnbuckles???

So what turnbuckels should work with the aluminum A-arms? The stock are 61mm, but is not enough to reach in without poping out and stripping the threads at the ends. I tried the old e-maxxes which are 108mm but they are too long. Anything in between that fits Stampedes? Like a 70'ish -80mm?? Thanks for your help.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:20 PM
hands without shadows

Default RE: Extended Stampede A-Arms turnbuckle recomendations?

How much do you care about adjustment? If not a lot then Revo rod ends, 8-32 allthread, and 1/4" aluminum tubing is bulletproof.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:59 AM
RCJesse

Default RE: Extended Stampede A-Arms turnbuckle recomendations?

I'll take a look at those. I don't know why it is really hard to find this simple info. I've been trying to find out what is an exact fit of turnbuckles for FLM a-arms on a Stampede...is not that hard for somebody to tell me, is it ??????? Any way, do you know the size on these? Part #'s and manufacturer? Thanks for your help.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Mekong

Default RE: FLM Stampede A-Arms turnbuckles???

Do you know the length of the steering links!? I snapped my steering links and trashed them. I remember there was a tiny peice of paper that said what HPI part # they recommenced for the turnbuckles and steering links, but I have since trashed that to...

The turnbuckles for the camber on my FLM extened A-arm pede is 18cm from eye to eye on mine and I used the recommended part by FLM.

I know all thread would work on the steering too, but its nice of have a off the shelf bolt on.

I have emailed FLM over 2 weeks ago, and still no response.... Great products, horrible customer support...