Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc
View Poll Results: A poll
Slash is more durable due to overall design
50.00%
They are about the same
33.33%
Pede and Rusties are more durable
16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Slash Durability vs Stampede/Rustler ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:59 AM
RCJesse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slash Durability vs Stampede/Rustler ??

This question is mainly for the ones who have owned both types of cars. I would think the slash would be more durable since the wheels and suspension don't stress and work as much as a Pede or Rusty. Am I right? Also, I understand that with upgraded parts, they all can be bullet proof, but lets just assume we leave them STOCK. If so, I might sell my old E-maxx and get a slash with a VXL system. Thanks for your opinion.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:28 AM
FairTax4me

Default RE: Slash Durability vs Stampede/Rustler ??

I own a rustler and know others who have stampedes, and most of the parts on the slash are straight from those two trucks. The tub is about the only thing that is really different. As far as durability goes, its made mostly of parts that are already tried and tested, so the slash is probably just as tough as either of the other two.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:38 PM
engineerjoe

In my opinion, the slash is slightly more durable because it has "nerfbars" and more bumper protection as well as a larger body. If you flip a rustler the energy goes into the tire then into the suspension arms, if you flip a slash the energy goes into the bumpers/body.

Both are very durable and you'll be happy with either one. In my opinion the slash is a little more stable due to the longer chassis and progressive springs
Old 10-01-2008, 04:16 PM
wookie_racer
My Feedback: (8)

most of the components are the same so one wouldnt nessicarily be more durable that another. what engineerjoe said is true though. but i dont think the nerfbars do all that much for durability.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:38 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe a little more than the rustler/pede as the larger bumpers protect the front/rear and the nerf bars help prevent you from hooking a rear tire on something. The one and only time i broke a rear arm on my rustler was cutting a corner too close and catching the rear wheel on a cinder block at 40+ Mph. Yeah that hurt. The tires are also smaller so there's less mass hanging on the ends of the arms to control. Really all of them are tough as nails and if you break something it's most likley your fault. Everytime I've broke something it's been becuse I did something wrong or really stupid. Hey what can I say. I have 3 skate parks within 5 mins of my house
Old 10-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Mekong

I would think that the steering design is worst of a pede, its so easy to break the servo case the way the chassis is designed. I would think that the rustler probably has the most durable steering, and I am unsure of the slash, but it looks better than the pede in terms of steering durability.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:58 PM
john01374

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been lucky and have only stripped one Servo in a pede. Funny thing is it was the same day I stripped the servo in on of my rustlers. I guess it was just hteir time to go
Old 10-01-2008, 07:47 PM
blazenevader

i don't own one but from what i've seen at my track the slash is indestructable. lol i have seen some of them go through some bad crashes that would leave my evader in pieces!!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:52 PM
HandyRacing

There is going to be a "Slash Spec Class" this winter at the Washtenaw Track in Ann Arbor (Mi)....

You will be able to follow how they hold up in forum postings at www.RCProductDesigns.com look for the Track postings in the forum section.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:48 PM
aftermarket
My Feedback: (2)

These are brothers, really similar in durability. Like above, the slash's bumpers do help alot. And it's huge!! o.O