Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

R608FS battery voltage

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Baron243
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R608FS battery voltage

Hi,
I just recieved a Futaba TM8 module and a R608FS reciever that I am going to use with my 8U transmitter. I need to know if I can run the R608FS on 6v like my 72mhz recievers,

and if so does it need to be regulated, even if I'm just using a 5cell nicd or nimh battery?

Thanks
Old 10-05-2008, 02:43 AM
Capgains
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R608FS battery voltage

That's a good question. Tonight while setting up my airplane, I plugged in a 5 cell battery. When moved the sticks rapidly, the surfaces would shudder, especailly when coming back to neutral. I switched it with a 4 cell pack and the problem went away. I have had this happen before when I start the flying day when a battery pack has just come off the charger. The surfaces seem to bounce instead of going back to the neutral positition. But usually after a few minutes of the pack being on, everything settles down.