Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Regional Racers & Bashers
Reload this Page >

Any club interested near Gainesville, GA or Forest, MS??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Regional Racers & Bashers Speak with other RC car fanatics from your local area

Any club interested near Gainesville, GA or Forest, MS??

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 11:21 PM
SMTS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any club interested near Gainesville, GA or Forest, MS??

Southern Monster Truck Showdown will be hosting 2 shows in the near future. First, a show at the Chicopee Woods Agricultural Center in Gainesville, GA on October 24, 25 & 26, 2008. Second, a show at the Scott County Coliseum in Forest, MS on November 14 & 15, 2008.

If any club in the area is interested in coming out and putting on exhibition performances before the show to entertain the crowd, or if you would like to promote your R/C business in this manner, please contact us via email at [email protected].

Clubs/shops may bring up to 8 participants per day to put on an exhibition, we will give you space at the announcer's stand to work on your vehicles as necessary (and to keep them away from the general public) and allow you free entry in to see the show. (Shops will need to be an Associate sponsor of the event, but this is a minimal investment, contact us for more information.)

The invitation is open to the first club/business to pledge their participation, so contact us ASAP!

Look forward to seeing you there!!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:41 AM
!MONSTER!

Default RE: Any club interested near Gainesville, GA or Forest, MS??

Is this in Forest, or Forrest, MS? Might be able to bring a few guys.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:38 AM
SMTS

Apparently this is quite confusing to many people in Mississippi as we get this type of question every year. Forest, Mississippi is the town that the Scott COUNTY Coliseum is located in. Forrest COUNTY is the Hattiesburg area, which also has an arena, but not the one we are doing the show in. The town of Forest is located about halfway between Jackson and Meridian.

Let me know if you want to come and how many you can bring, Thanks!!
Old 10-03-2008, 05:13 PM
!MONSTER!

Well, I have to admit, I could have Googled the Coliseum, but I just saw Forest, and know there is also a Forrest (City), MS (not just a County), and got lazy I guess. Id like to try to come, but we dont have "too many" real RCers around here. There are, however, a good many around Jackson. There are 2 Hobby Stores there (Nitro Toys and Hobbies, and Hobby Town). They may be able to come up with a show.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:26 PM
SMTS

We've worked with shops before and actually had one of those shops at our show in Forest 2 years ago, but we really prefer to have individuals come. If you guys have a smaller group, but would still like to come, you are welcome. We don't expect you guys to pull off a whole "show", it's just fun for the audience to see the RC vehicles jumping ramps and so on before the show. If you're interested, we may open that show up to allow anyone with a RC truck/car to bring it and participate before the show, rather than a more "organized" thing. Let me know if that sounds interesting to you and I'll run with it that way. If you don't mind, send me an email at [email protected] and we'll talk about it more.

And sorry, I didn't know there was a Forrest City yet, geez, that complicates it even more! lol

Thanks!!