Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

TrUGGy SAVAGE

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:34 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TrUGGy SAVAGE

Same truck as I have now
Same chassis plates
Stock shock towers
Stock shocks w/red springs/25 wt oil
Same engine
Same lotsastuff, different lotsastuff. This truck was almost all stock, aside from the chassis plates, brakes, springs, shock oil, engine, pipe, and clutch.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:55 PM
bradzx88

thanx man just what i needed to see [8D] thats the setup im going to shoot for as of now and drop some proline racing 40series tires with a 1/2offset and maybe a pipe then ill be maybe ok enough to start racing at my LHS
Old 10-08-2008, 12:20 AM
bradzx88

thunder how do rate the suspension as far as racing material you think with that oilwt setup and the hpi red springs it will be good enough for usual racing?
Old 10-08-2008, 01:23 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Yup.

Honestly, my truck handled AWESOME with Maxx-size bowties, and the rest of that setup that you see there. I wouldn't go with 40 series tires on a race truck...stick with the truggy or Maxx-size tires. They'll keep you nice and low to the ground, and you'll have less weight to move, less weight to stop, and less weight to change direction.

As far as the pipe...don't worry about that. IMO power is the last thing you should worry about with any RC racecar. My XXXNT AD2 with a .12TR will keep up with an identical truck with a .12TZ...only difference is more power.

Off road racing, until you get into the "big dog" racing, isn't power-dependent. work on your skills...then upgrade your hardware.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:34 AM
bradzx88

what kinda tires you recommd that are MAXX or truggy Size ive never heard of that but i deff want some 1/2 offset wheels my track at the LHS is compound hard dirt
Old 10-08-2008, 09:09 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Find out what the guys are running at your track, and run those