Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Altecare Infinity

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Anthony-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Altecare Infinity

Has anyone seen one of these in person?

http://www.altecare.com/infinity.htm
Old 07-11-2007, 10:39 AM
greg_m

Default RE: Altecare Infinity

nope - but it sure do look stunning!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 02:21 PM
RCBruski65
My Feedback: (44)

No , but someone was selling one a couple of weeks back in the buy and sell section.He had a couple of sites with different info.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:32 PM
flyjohn
My Feedback: (11)

I just got the one I purchased on RCU the other day. Now I gotta spend the real bucks to get it flying, LOL. The plane is very nice. Only thing I don't like is that the ailerons are hinged on top and I gotta cut the slots for hinges[>:] Oh well. Fit is good on the fuselage pieces, canopy and chin piece.Wings and Stab covering is good. Since I've not had a fiberglas fuse pattern plane before it'll probably take me a bit longer than the "few hours", as mentioned in the manual, to get it in the air.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Anthony-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks for the info. Keep use uprised and looking forward to the flight report.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:37 PM
cmoulder

Should be interesting when somebody flies the Wren 44 turboprop in competition!!

And you gotta love that vestigial LG!
Old 07-13-2007, 07:48 AM
Aresti-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

The factory is closed, they were working on an improved version (Infinity Phase 2) but I believe it never got to the market...the "regular" one (based on the Enigma as far as I know, save for the two piece wing) tends to the heavy side. Mine weighed 5270 grms completely stock, OS 140 RX, OS header and pipe, Hide mount, two S9650 in the tail, two S9150 for ailerons, one S9451, one hitec HS81 for throttle, futaba standard 1500 Mah pack and 148 DP receiver. Paint was chipping heavily, all the left side from mid canopy to the LG was gone in two weeks of flying, about half as much on the right side. I tried to keep the paint with thin CyA to no avail, paint cracks and falls in pieces as big as 1"x3".

The top hinging and awkward angle of the ailerons and elevators relative to the fuselage/flight line gave it "interesting" flight characteristics.

I didn´t even dare to sell it when I left Argentina some 16 months ago, but gave it away...
Old 07-13-2007, 09:07 AM
AAbdu
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yuck!

that's too bad, it looks good but apparently is not as nice as it seems.

Flyjohn, hopefully the one you bought will be better.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:49 PM
flyjohn

Well that's not good news[>:], thought I might be able to get rid of a backup plane, but I guess I'll keep the current planes till I see how this one turns out. At least it'll give me some practice working on a plane with a fiberglas fuse and gonna keep my fingers crossed about the paint.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:34 AM
flyjohn

Well finally flew my Infinity last weekend, after about a year or so working on it, only got a couple flights because of engine problems(?, ok gotta remember to tighten all bolts after changing bearings, oops). Flew pretty good, weighs 10lb 8 oz, cg is close i think, not much down needed for inverted. Knife-edge w/left rudder pulls to belly, w/right not as much. Hopefully resolved engine problem (replaced a couple missing bolts and tightened ALL bolts , LOL).. Winds finally settled down this weekend and got half a dozen flights in, playing with throws and cg and starting to feel good. May be ready for Phoenix contest in Nov and I think I may get Dave to go too.