Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

still need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 12:36 PM
bob40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still need help

Thanks to a lot of you i am learning about pitch and hope it works.My problkem is that when the transmitter throttle switch is in normal mode the blade pitch is correct but it will not throttle up at all (blades will not move period) and if i put the switch into reverse mode the pitch becomes negative but it will throttle up, it just won't lift off the ground because of the negative pitch at full throttle.Any ideas at all?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Tommyjoking

Default RE: still need help

well posting what transmitter/receiver and heli your working with will be a good start
Old 10-13-2008, 02:42 PM
bob40

It is a belt cp with their stock transmitter.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:18 PM
homeunt
My Feedback: (3)

3 things:
1. make sure ur battery is charged "properly"
2. make sure that your tx is throttle 0, elevator trim 0, idle mode off (the top left lever should be away from you) rudder trim middle
3. make sure your motor is connected.

Then sometimes, the reverse mode may be correct except you just need to adjust the pitch, when you get there let me know.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Tommyjoking

By "put the switch in reverse mode" do you mean the the throttle reverse switch on the face of the TX or do you mean the Idle up toggle switch on the top left of the TX?

Have you verified the ESC and servos are plugged into the correct slots on the reciever? That could very well be the problem.

Worry about pitch later and make the throttle work as it should first...I.E. it spins up properly. The ESKY tx has reversing switches on the bottom right face of the tx....make sure the throttle one is set to NORM.

Hope that helps please post back
Tommy
Old 10-13-2008, 03:33 PM
cbrian4

Are you using the throttle hold switch or the idle up switch. The throttle hold switch is meant to not have any throttle, only pitch.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:35 PM
bob40

That is the problem i'm having. The switch on the transmitter has to be in the reverse mode even though the manual says normal mode.In normal mode the blades will not turn, in reverse mode they spin but it will not lift off. In reverse mode at full throttle my pitch gauge is showing +3 and i can feel the wind blowing up instead of down but unfortanatly the manual does'nt tell how to adjust pitch. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help
Old 10-14-2008, 03:57 AM
white pulsss

-put all your trims to centre position and throttle to zero position.
-put the pots on the tx to 0 and the flight mode switch to the normal mode not idle up
-plug the battery in, wait for the gyro to initialize then power up and see what happens.
the problem could be that the motor is spinning up but there isnt enough pitch to get off the ground maybe???
if the motor get going alright, unplug the battery leads then go through the setup steps...... make sure the nuts on the feathuring shaft r not too tight, if they are the blade grips will struggle to change pitch.