Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Photography - Post your best pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:37 PM
madmax22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Photography - Post your best pictures

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer
how do people take pictures like this?
I usually set the camera on the ground and click the shutter.

+1

i got a really cool pic if the woods today illl get it up tomorrow!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:41 PM
madmax22

heres one of my fav's. the blend of the AX-10 green and the moss green are almost identical... the black body reflects all the trees to.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:09 AM
feo

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie

Thanks for the comments on the photos. Regarding the jockey, he eventually walked away after tumbling around on the ground near the horses a few times. I have photos of that as well. This past Saturday, it was full-size drifting.

Picture #2 - OMFG CHUKI TWO FAWTY!!
Picture #5 - SECKSSS (except for that z[:'(])
Picture #6 - HAWT ZENKI!!

imo, that Z is fugly. Theres WAY too much going on, and it definitely doesnt need a wing that big if it isnt hitting 300mph...
Old 10-02-2008, 10:27 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

how do people take pictures like this?
in that pic i found a side angle i liked, set my camera on the sidewalk, which was about 6-8 inchs higher than the surface the car was on. and about 8-10 feet away from the car. and click

setting the camera on the ground works, but my personal opinion is that its to low for most cars. height of the camera should be dictated by the height of the car. my personal general rule is keep the camera as level to the center point of nearest wheel as possible. i get better results doing that
Old 10-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: st_dragn_wagen
setting the camera on the ground works, but my personal opinion is that its to low for most cars. height of the camera should be dictated by the height of the car. my personal general rule is keep the camera as level to the center point of nearest wheel as possible. i get better results doing that
That appears to be pretty good general rule. For me, it also depends on the type of car since if the automobile is "dropped", I won't even consider the center point of the wheel if I am trying to show how low the car is to the ground. I also find myself considering the type of fenders, lighting, and so on or basically where I want to try and place focus on since to me some automobiles appear to look better at certain angles because of certain body parts much like certain autos look better with certain color paint. For me the background is also a consideration. For example, in the Corvette photo I took above, I wanted the Corvette to actually help direct focus to the jets in the background in order to give a sense of the area surroundings of the event. The same with the drift car photo with the jets in the background. After all, I have "drift" photos as well, but I wanted to tie everything together. A personal preference. Of course, a fisheye lens should capture the entire car, a wide or semi-wide angle lens will get most everything without having to back up, and a telephoto will usually require some backward movement (I used three different lenses for those drift photos). Then again, I don't even follow the rule of thirds all the time.

If you are coming down for SEMA (11/4/08-11/7/08), let me know since I will be there taking photos.
http://www.semashow.com

Old 10-03-2008, 05:51 PM
06sportster
My Feedback: (7)

It's not one of my best, but it is one of my favorites...

Old 10-03-2008, 06:30 PM
madmax22

darn guys i accidently deleted it[:'(][X(]!!!!!!!!! ill have to get another one..
Old 10-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Safety Hawk
My Feedback: (6)

Just got back from a tech conference at Swan & Dolphin Hotel in Disney World....and I took a few pics while I was there. Here's one of the Dolphin hotel.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:01 PM
budha24

Heres a couple pics of a storm front that came through at our old townhouse earlier this year. Enjoy

Also we have an older kodak digi handed down to us. What is the best camera I can get around $200 in your guys opinion
Old 10-07-2008, 07:50 AM
slayerphonics

Nasty looking, solid front of clouds, I bet all hell broke loose once it went over.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Art91

Wow, thats pretty neat looking. Somthing like that rolled over my area early this past summer.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:06 PM
feo

I've honestly never seen clouds like those in my life. Ever. I guess thats because I live in Hawaii. I must admit, the weather does gets boring here. 86degrees year round actually sucks once you get used to it. [&:]
Old 10-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Safety Hawk

ORIGINAL: budha24

Also we have an older kodak digi handed down to us. What is the best camera I can get around $200 in your guys opinion
What kind of camera are you looking for? A small P&S you can put in your pocket.....or a super zoom...or do you want something with a wide angle lens.......or are you just looking for something that works? I think the Canon SD1100IS is the best deal going right now, and that can be had for $169 at Newegg. It takes great pics, and the movie mode is pretty decent too, plus it has image stabilization for those with jittery hands. But there are lots of camera options in the $200 dollar range that are good....so if you have an idea of what you're looking for, that will help narrow down the options. You can also check out [link=http://www.dcresource.com]dcresource.com[/link] or [link=http://www.dpreview.com]dpreview.com[/link] for lots of reviews of cameras, and both sites have forums full of people who can help.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Safety Hawk

ORIGINAL: budha24

What kind of camera are you looking for? A small P&S you can put in your pocket.....or a super zoom...or do you want something with a wide angle lens.......or are you just looking for something that works? I think the Canon SD1100IS is the best deal going right now, and that can be had for $169 at Newegg. It takes great pics, and the movie mode is pretty decent too, plus it has image stabilization for those with jittery hands. But there are lots of camera options in the $200 dollar range that are good....so if you have an idea of what you're looking for, that will help narrow down the options. You can also check out [link=http://www.dcresource.com]dcresource.com[/link] or [link=http://www.dpreview.com]dpreview.com[/link] for lots of reviews of cameras, and both sites have forums full of people who can help.
Have to second that. I have an SD1100is and use it as a back up camera in my camera bag. Very compact and takes almost as good a pic as my DSLR in many instances. Especially if your just doing point and shoot. It has facial recognition and it hard to not take a great pic with. For the price it is tough to beat. It is perhaps a little slow at burst pics and very slow if using the flash. But after using a DSLR - everything feels slow.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:49 PM
So Cal

Those are my car after paint and before paint. What do you think of the pics?
Old 10-09-2008, 06:55 PM
GaGeeBees
My Feedback: (23)

which ones are after paint?
Old 10-09-2008, 07:37 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: GaGeeBees

which ones are after paint?
Lmfao.

The first i'm assuming.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:53 PM
slayerphonics

We had some nasty storms roll through which allowed for some great colors in the sky, i'm mosted stoked about the lightning picture I got, I took that picture holding the camera so I moved slighty but a great lightning shot none the less

Old 10-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Safety Hawk

Nice shots Slayer.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Nick2618

Alright i finially got my internet working right for now so i can upload a few pics...

this one is just funny to look at the people...

MMMMMM Meatballs...

Old 10-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Nick2618

How do you shoot lighting? Do you just put it on a long exposure and hope for the best?
Old 10-15-2008, 03:56 PM
slayerphonics

I was doing 1 second to 1 1/2 second exposures then just guessing. Sucks I didn't have my tripod or remote so I had to manually shoot and hold it,

I'm sure there are other better ways, never really looked up how to shoot lightining.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Safety Hawk

Yeah.....a tripod with a semi-long exposure and a shutter release remote works well........good timing also helps I have a lightning shot back on page 15 using a 2 sec shutter speed, but I had to jack up the ISO to 640, otherwise it would have been too dark. It's basically the same for fireworks shots, except fireworks are a little more predictable.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:20 PM
slayerphonics

Here is a great shot of my cat, shes nuts like most cats

Old 10-22-2008, 01:08 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: Nick2618
this one is just funny to look at the people...
I'd laugh at some of those people, but I'd probably look just as bad. Regading white tigers, I saw Siegfriend & Roy the other day while I was taking photos at a K9 competition. However, I am still going through car photos from the day before. This coming weekend, a car show. And soon SEMA, so that means more car photos. Then jets.

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics
Here is a great shot of my cat, shes nuts like most cats
I don't know if my cats are "nuts" or even crazy since I have to do all the work around the house.

A few photos examples from Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89665.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	1056759   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt60509.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	1056760   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nt46103.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	350.3 KB
ID:	1056761   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sm29693.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	473.8 KB
ID:	1056762  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.