Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

lipo/nimh charger suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 04:09 AM
kargi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lipo/nimh charger suggestion

hi, ı am looking for a lipo/nimh digital charger under $100 any suggestions? which brands are the best? which specifications I must be careful about? thanks
Old 11-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: lipo/nimh charger suggestion

I use an MRC Superbrain 977. It charges two batteries at once, they can be different chemistry, it discharges, and it does NiCd NiMh LiIon Lipo. Many adjustable parameters to set it up for the exact specifications of your battery. It's about $100. Check it out, I LOVE mine!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:40 PM
jmcvicker

I cannot vouch for it - but I've seen the Imax b5 floating around (eBay and whatnot) that appears to be what you could say is a good match. Also a new model B8 out now. I actually will probably be ordering a B5 in the next couple weeks - but not pulled the trigger yet.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:20 AM
TheTruckingGuru

I wouldn't trust the Super Brain 977. It's a terrible charger. It will destroy your Lipos. It could be alright just for NIMHs but thats not what your looking for. It does come with a power supply and can discharge a battery while charging another. But it's no good for Lipos. It's assumed the 989 model works for Lipos but I read some bad things about service and issues with them in the MRC forum. It's more expensive for the 989 but it does seem to have some cool features such as programmable cycling which makes things easier for NIMHs. But for lipos you may want to look into Hyperion models or something else thats Lipo specific.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:59 AM
kargi

thanks a lot to you. I am gonna order an imax 5b (comes with 15v power supply), suppose it is a good one, and I find with very good price in hong kong.